• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Interesting New Entry Level Rifle The Ruger American Predator

I ordered my .308 got it Monday my gun shop said all calibers were available so I'm sure its just an order away if you want one

So has anyone played with the 223 yet? I am really curious if the mag is big enough to accomodate a 80gr target bullet. Would make this gun hard to beat as an overall value.

I picked up a 223 Predator a couple months ago. Put a Vortex Viper 3-9x40 on it. Abused some prairie dogs with 40gr VMax handloads. For a budget rifle I really like it.

Magazine constraints will limit oal to about 2.26", maybe a little bit more. The throat is pretty short too.

I got the .223 as well ... and promptly took it to the gunsmith to get chopped to 18" like the .308 flavor. much nicer that way. MM speaks the truth, without a magazine mod it won't do the heavies ... although you can single feed 'em.

Has anyone tested out the Creedmoor version? I have one coming, but I am just wondering if I should spend the money on an XLR instead for my Defiance.

Ifagan, go ahead and post results, heard about one the other day shooting very nice....

I recently talked my brother out of one of these, and into their trademark M77. I don't know why other than why not just spend a couple hundo more for a proven platform ($599 new on gunbroker). I hope this new action takes off but I am admittedly worried about the strength/durability of it. It just seemed "chincy" or something like that, maybe I hate the cheezy plastic stocks. I am a big fan of the three lug bolt tho. But I DO like the new barrel twist rates. Seems someones finally listening.

Regardless, keep the reviews coming and I hope years of good reviews. I may jump on a shorty 308 for my son when he comes of age if they hold their rep up.

Regards,
DT

while not insurmountable, I can't help but think that's going to greatly impact aftermarket stock support.

It's mind boggling to me why these large corporate mfgrs will put out proprietary receivers with $5 stocks rather than a simple Remington foot print. What's so hard about a 3 lug that fits Remy stocks and triggers??? Cooper has the 54 that fits the bill at custom action pricing. But the 54 is clocked so it only strips single feed mags.

Hello I am new to the site but been reading posts for a while. I just got the 223 put utg bipod, tactical bolt handle, v6 gamma muzz/comp brake, 3x12x42 nikon monarch 3. Gun feels great , havnt shot it yet. BUT with bipod down if you move stock left or right you can see the stock tweak. And the floating barrel space closes. My thought is either buy a better stock. Or fill with fiberglass resin and maybe to small rods to stiffen the stock probably wouldnt be affected without bipod

The stock is extra-cheapo, and I think putting money into one of these would just be polishing a turd. What they do well is (1) have good barrels that shoot well, (2) have surprisingly good el-cheapo bedding, (3) feed surprisingly well from the laughable plasticka magazine, and (3) have decent enough triggers. and they're cheap.

I've got two one in a 204 and one in a 25-06, the 25-06 is a limited run that ruger did for gun salesman through their 4r rewards program. I love both rifles but are currently trying to sell them to upgrade into an SSG3000

i reinforced the fore end used a dremel tool with couple different style router type heads, 1/4 aluminum flat stock, drilled holes so epoxy would bond through.let dry overnight, mixed fiberglass resin with hardner 3oz, 2 layers of fiberglass mat till tomorrow and the i fill hollow stock behind the recoil pad with expanding foam

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
i reinforced the fore end used a dremel tool with couple different style router type heads, 1/4 aluminum flat stock, drilled holes so epoxy would bond through.let dry overnight, mixed fiberglass resin with hardner 3oz, 2 layers of fiberglass mat till tomorrow and the i fill hollow stock behind the recoil pad with expanding foam

Last edited: