• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interesting read on the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: eca7891
    I like the blast impact calculator linked in the article. Looks like I'd make out OK if a 62m Iron asteroid impacted the Capital. 8 mile radius would be pretty much obliterated.

I'll bet Dollars to Doughnuts the Military scientists in Russia, China, Japan, Iran etc are plotting how they could attach a booster to an asteroid, steering it to their enemy.

Dindonuffin, it was a natural disaster.

Who needs a nuclear arsenal when you can hit your enemy with an asteroid leaving no evidence of a strike.

And now Space force starts to make more sense doesn't it.

Japan has also succesfully landed on a 1km asteroid. Looks like they bombed it first to create a landing spot.

I'll bet Dollars to Doughnuts the Military scientists in Russia, China, Japan, Iran etc are plotting how they could attach a booster to an asteroid, steering it to their enemy.
    You could haul up dense material into orbit and with steerable rockets, guide into tactical targets when need at speeds of 25000 mph, Much cheaper than a cruise missile.

You could haul up dense material into orbit and with steerable rockets, guide into tactical targets when need at speeds of 25000 mph, Much cheaper than a cruise missile.
    Well considering it costs $10,000/lb to launch material into space...

For the cost of a tomahawk ($1.59mil)...you can launch 159lbs of shit into space...

The moral of the story is if Angels come to your city, don't try to ass rape them.
    Be happy with the virgins that get offered to you and go your way.

Angels get rather upset if you demand to ass rape them.
    You must have forgotten to use KY Jelly.

The moral of the story is if Angels come to your city, don't try to ass rape them.
    Be happy with the virgins that get offered to you and go your way.

Angels get rather upset if you demand to ass rape them.

If ever you could sum up the story in three sentences...this would be it.

Although I think the cities were going to be judged anyway.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Yeah.
    Lott(?) plead with God to spare the city.

Read the he story of you want to see how low the bar was set for the city to be spared.

Yeah.

Read the he story of you want to see how low the bar was set for the city to be spared.
    One could say it was predetermined...maybe even predestined...

Reactions: Zerglish
    Yeah.

If I remember correctly, without looking it up, "If I can fine even one righteous man".

Reactions: diggler1833
    Yeah.

If I remember correctly, without looking it up, "If I can fine even one righteous man".

Y'all need to do a quick brush up on the fine points of the religious texts.

Story ends with some dude getting some hot 3 way action, because when you think you might be the omega man, well time to repopulate...

And then the one righteous man was removed. Then there were no reasons not to. Suddenly, checkmate...it was predetermined.

Y'all need to do a quick brush up on the fine points of the religious texts.

Story ends with some dude getting some hot 3 way action, because when you think you might be the omega man, well time to repopulate...
    Doesn't count - he was passed out drunk.

Doesn't count - he was passed out drunk.

But was he really...
    Seems like he did a pretty good performance job for having been knocked out drunk...
    Sure say it was all their idea... that's what you tell the others dudes when you find out you are not the omega man.

But was he really...
    Seems like he did a pretty good performance job for having been knocked out drunk...
    Sure say it was all their idea... that's what you tell the others dudes when you find out you are not the omega man.
    I think it qualifies as something closer to rape. Sex with your daughters wouldn't qualify as a good threesome.

Reactions: Jsp556
    Yep, Lot's daughters had sex with him. There was a lot (no pun intended) of sexual sin in Genesis. That book is basically the story if how the Israelites and 12 tribes came to be. There is also a lot of judgement placed for sexual immorality. Many of the stories of where people put their dick where they weren't supposed to highlight how the Muslim nations were born.

Does this mean that the Jews and Muslims had documented problems with each other over three thousand years ago? Yep.

Do I expect the atheist members here to appreciate Genesis now? Nope. No forced personal beliefs of mine on anyone. I just figured that it might help someone know why the book had value in the Bible to Christians.

Yep, Lot's daughters had sex with him. There was a lot (no pun intended) of sexual sin in Genesis. That book is basically the story if how the Israelites and 12 tribes came to be. There is also a lot of judgement placed for sexual immorality. Many of the stories of where people put their dick where they weren't supposed to highlight how the Muslim nations were born.

Does this mean that the Jews and Muslims had documented problems with each other over three thousand years ago? Yep.

Do I expect the atheist members here to appreciate Genesis now? Nope. No forced personal beliefs of mine on anyone. I just figured that it might help someone know why the book had value in the Bible to Christians.
    Interestingly enough, that problem was caused by ...wait for it...the Jews. Abe bonking his servant girl at his (Sarai/Sarah) wife's request. Then she couldnt live with her decision.

Just like the current problem is caused by them seizing land that they abandoned thousands of years ago and saying it was their 'right'. Yet they claim to be the 'victims'.

Its amazing, and appalling, the crap that can be justified by 'religions'. All of them.

Yep, Lot's daughters had sex with him. There was a lot (no pun intended) of sexual sin in Genesis. That book is basically the story if how the Israelites and 12 tribes came to be. There is also a lot of judgement placed for sexual immorality.

What was considered sin and what was not considered sin, back under the ancient laws is very different than strange ideas modern folks have made themselves believe. Very few who want to be all morally judgmental have actually studied the ancient laws and ancient commandments that were handed down. It's also funny how modern folks of the "western sort" seem to be so bent out of shape about anything to do with creating life and if kids happen to get a book that shows them the facts of life it's the most horrible thing in the world. Meanwhile, watching depictions of or playing games about killing people, ending life and violence and destruction, well that's wholesome family entertainment. And folks wonder why humans these days are so screwed up.

Back in the old days, there was a sacred command to respect the circle of life and the command to be fruitful and multiply and raise up generations to follow after you, based on your bloodlines. The respect for the lineage of life was even enforced in regards to observing it with animals, which was subject to harsh penalties. (unless you were given a sacred command to do the exact opposite).

Sometimes that meant you did what needed to be done, even if you didn't like it, because that was the laws and you didn't want to anger God.

It might mean someone's daughters deciding it was time to get pregnant by their father, or a daughter in law deciding to take matters into her own hands "literally" and tricking her father in law into getting her pregnant,

Or being forced to impregnate your dead brother or close relative's wife even if you were already married in order to raise up seed in their name. (and if you try to get out of it God might kill you)

Or it might mean your barren wife understanding that she is obligated to make sure you get an heir even if it means getting your husband a second wife or telling him to do a Schwarzenegger with one of your maids. (there is the little problem when of course then the ancient, long barren wife gets pregnant and then well... there is an inconvenient problem about the other previous "heir"),

It might mean after you genocided just about all of your brethren in a fit of propaganda enhanced rage, you arrange for your friends' and families' daughters to get kidnapped and taken as wives by the folks you just finished trying to genocide, because you realize the alternative might be divine judgment on you.

Lots of things were that way, where you had to do things even if they weren't comfortable or normally not allowed. Like you aren't supposed to do human sacrifices to The Almighty Creator as they really hate that. Except if well, you royally mess up with hasty vows and then well, better to sacrifice your virgin daughter than to be caught out breaking your vow.

What was considered sin and what was not considered sin, back under the ancient laws is very different than strange ideas modern folks have made themselves believe. Very few who want to be all morally judgmental have actually studied the ancient laws and ancient commandments that were handed down. It's also funny how modern folks of the "western sort" seem to be so bent out of shape about anything to do with creating life and if kids happen to get a book that shows them the facts of life it's the most horrible thing in the world. Meanwhile, watching depictions of or playing games about killing people, ending life and violence and destruction, well that's wholesome family entertainment. And folks wonder why humans these days are so screwed up.

Back in the old days, there was a sacred command to respect the circle of life and the command to be fruitful and multiply and raise up generations to follow after you, based on your bloodlines. The respect for the lineage of life was even enforced in regards to observing it with animals, which was subject to harsh penalties. (unless you were given a sacred command to do the exact opposite).

Sometimes that meant you did what needed to be done, even if you didn't like it, because that was the laws and you didn't want to anger God.

It might mean someone's daughters deciding it was time to get pregnant by their father, or a daughter in law deciding to take matters into her own hands "literally" and tricking her father in law into getting her pregnant,

Or being forced to impregnate your dead brother or close relative's wife even if you were already married in order to raise up seed in their name. (and if you try to get out of it God might kill you)

Or it might mean your barren wife understanding that she is obligated to make sure you get an heir even if it means getting your husband a second wife or telling him to do a Schwarzenegger with one of your maids. (there is the little problem when of course then the ancient, long barren wife gets pregnant and then well... there is an inconvenient problem about the other previous "heir"),

It might mean after you genocided just about all of your brethren in a fit of propaganda enhanced rage, you arrange for your friends' and families' daughters to get kidnapped and taken as wives by the folks you just finished trying to genocide, because you realize the alternative might be divine judgment on you.

Lots of things were that way, where you had to do things even if they weren't comfortable or normally not allowed. Like you aren't supposed to do human sacrifices to The Almighty Creator as they really hate that. Except if well, you royally mess up with hasty vows and then well, better to sacrifice your virgin daughter than to be caught out breaking your vow.
    Today, it amazes me how the 'religious' (of all makes and models)can take things completely out of context to justify damn near anything their demented minds want to do.

scripture aside, many events of the old religious texts have been associated with natural phenomenon once studied

atlantis, Noahs Ark etc

asteroids, floods, virus, weather pattern changes etc

not saying there isnt or hasnt been Devine intervention and alike but there are some more than likely explanations for certain events

I
    Yeah.

I believe it was Abraham that plead with God to save the city. Genesis 18:16-30. As the city was being demolished, Lot’s wife turned to look at the destruction and God turned her into a pillar of salt. Lot and his daughters ran off into the mountains.

Reactions: diggler1833
    I like the blast impact calculator linked in the article. Looks like I'd make out OK if a 62m Iron asteroid impacted the Capital. 8 mile radius would be pretty much obliterated.

Dindonuffin, it was a natural disaster.

Who needs a nuclear arsenal when you can hit your enemy with an asteroid leaving no evidence of a strike.

And now Space force starts to make more sense doesn't it.

Japan has also succesfully landed on a 1km asteroid. Looks like they bombed it first to create a landing spot.

A lot of things that many traditional military sci fi authors in the past (and recently) have overlooked in their sagas are the way physics work when tremendous, astronomical speeds are involved. You DO NOT need a planet buster bomb to destroy a world full of interstellar murder cultists/space-ISIS. All you gotta do is perform a flyby on their planet at 50% the speed of light, and empty the ship's septic tanks at the right moment. Do you know what a 200+ pound lump of fecal matter and piss and soggy toilet paper traveling at 1/2 the speed of light can do to a planet when it hits?

AND, who really needs a 'Class IV ion cannon' on their frigate when EVERY single large vessel with a fusion/antimatter plasma engine IS an ion cannon by itself? Just turn your engine nozzles towards the target and fire those thrusters up. I am sure if your target is within 100,000 miles of those thrusters, it ain't gonna exist in solid form much longer...
    biggrin.gif

And the USofA on whole has just about surpassed that place.

What does that tell you?
    My wife and I talked about that very thing just the other day. We have to be leaps and bounds worse than Sodom. I think the thing that is saving us from Gods wrath is that there are still good people in the USA.

...Its amazing, and appalling, the crap that can be justified by 'religions'. All of them.
    Try adding up the the death tolls of avowed atheists Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and (arguably) Hitler, and you have the bloodiest collection of murderers in history just in the last century. They committed their monstrous acts with little, if any, religious justification at all. Evil manifests in a lot of different ways.

Try adding up the the death tolls of avowed atheists Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot and (arguably) Hitler, and you have the bloodiest collection of murderers in history just in the last century. They committed their monstrous acts with little, if any, religious justification at all. Evil manifests in a lot of different ways.
    Not really. Evil manifests itself as evil. It may masquerade as good, but it manifests as evil. I’m splitting hairs only because this time it’s an important distinction. To manifest is to show evidence. One only has to look at the work products manifested by other individuals (and ultimately themselves) to determine how evil or good they are. Of course, the issue then becomes the individual’s moral compass from which they judge.

Why stop at the last century?
    Some pretty heinous acts have been committed by those that insist "God Will's It" or Gods.
    Crusades, Inquisition's, Jihad's, and of course, Mongol Hordes.
    We are truly Apes with a really nasty streak.

Not really. Evil manifests itself as evil. It may masquerade as good, but it manifests as evil. I’m splitting hairs only because this time it’s an important distinction. To manifest is to show evidence. One only has to look at the work products manifested by other individuals (and ultimately themselves) to determine how evil or good they are. Of course, the issue then becomes the individual’s moral compass from which they judge.
    Perhaps I didn't explain myself well. My statement that evil manifests in a lot of different ways means that evil can arise from different sources, not just "religion". The example of the 20th century proves that atheism is not immune to being put into the service of performing large, world-altering acts of evil. I do agree that evil starts with the individual, no matter what their belief system. Evil is a choice.

Why stop at the last century?
    Some pretty heinous acts have been committed by those that insist "God Will's It" or Gods.
    Crusades, Inquisition's, Jihad's, and of course, Mongol Hordes.
    We are truly Apes with a really nasty streak.
    Have you listened to any of Dennis Prager's podcasts? In one episode, he states that he believes that people are neither inherently good or inherently bad. I thought he made a pretty convincing argument. He's Jewish, and his religious tradition supports that position, but it's worth hearing him explain the logic and practical evidence that goes into that determination.

Reactions: Samuel Whittemore
    What is evil, and what is good? I'll let you ponder and answer before I explain my take, which is obnoxiously simple/

What is evil, and what is good? I'll let you ponder and answer before I explain my take, which is obnoxiously simple/
    Mine may be more simple than yours: in absolute terms it is what is defined in the Bible. Christ said it succinctly: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ These two commands are pegs; everything in God’s Law and the Prophets hangs from them.” IOW, have your ego and focus be default facing outwards toward God and others; anything that does not have this as its foundation is selfishness and is evil.

From an individual standpoint good and evil tend to be based on their own morals (wherever they come from) and how a situation affects them personally. IOW, it’s in the eye of the beholder. Laws and social morays are the two main things that keep everyone pretty much on the same moral footing, regardless of personal beliefs.

Actions stem directly from belief. The actions and results of an entity tell the beliefs and intentions as they are the manifestations of them. Once they exist you can then begin identifying something as good or evil.

Mine may be more simple than yours: in absolute terms it is what is defined in the Bible. Christ said it succinctly: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.’ This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ These two commands are pegs; everything in God’s Law and the Prophets hangs from them.” IOW, have your ego and focus be default facing outwards toward God and others; anything that does not have this as its foundation is selfishness and is evil.

From an individual standpoint good and evil tend to be based on their own morals (wherever they come from) and how a situation affects them personally. IOW, it’s in the eye of the beholder. Laws and social morays are the two main things that keep everyone pretty much on the same moral footing, regardless of personal beliefs.

Actions stem directly from belief. The actions and results of an entity tell the beliefs and intentions as they are the manifestations of them. Once they exist you can then begin identifying something as good or evil.
    100% agree.

Mine is worded somewhat differently, as I approach it from a rational, philosophical view, as well as a spiritual, biblical view, but gets to the root of yours.

The greatest gift we were given is Free Will. That includes even the freedom to destroy ourselves, which seems the course of mankind at this moment. IMHO it is the deepest (if often not realized) desire of every living thing (especially every sentient living thing) to have freedom to live free. So for me, 'Good' is all that which grants, or promotes, freedom to yourself and others. 'Evil' is all that which usurps freedom.