• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Intro from Far Nor Cal!

dgswen

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2014
Redding, CA
Hey guys, just checking in to introduce myself. My name is Eric, I live in Redding CA.

I have been shooting all of my life, with my father competing at the state and national levels in BPCR and my late grandfather both a long time collector, shooter and producer of fine grade gun stock blanks, I grew up around Sharps falling blocks and Lyman molds and watching Matt Quigley have no use of a Colt!

As one's interests are to wane and wax, so has mine; from high school...stuff, college, jobs, wife, kids, priorities must be attended to.

It's funny looking back on missed, or shunned opportunities, because I had other "priorities", but things come around...

I have again taken up an interest in shooting sports, and with a life time of shooting and reloading experience, only a 10 minute drive away ( not to mention, a full reloading room ) I would venture to state that I am in a better position than most new-comers. But one's learning should never cease, and never come from a single source, so.. here i am.

While I enjoy shooting all firearms, I most enjoy rifles, hunting, and long range. My first large caliber was given to me by my grandfather, a 7mm Rem Mag, and my next build will be a 7mm-08, I like the .284s.

I post very little, but I lurk alot.

Keep feeding me info and thoughts. Ima take em and use the hell out of em! :) And ill try to add some of my own.

Thanks

Welcome! My kids live in Redding and my boy (34 years old) has taken a keen
intrest in my game. I am giving him a long poker in June when I come out
for a visit.looking for a place to get him on steel out to 1000.
You know anyplace close? His friend Ben from Old West is thinking
of trying the long poking as well.

Sacramento River Bend BLM area might get out to 1k. Kinda crowded during the middle of the day. Couple of the local ranges/clubs have decent range ranges.