• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Casual KAC SR-15 Comparison [a study in performance]

Are the current KAC's finicky with lube? Mine has to be like Cytheria to run well.
I run suppressed a lot with dirty Russian ammo. I use whatever lube because it actually makes it easier to clean because all that dirty shit get caught up in the lube amd I can just use this process to clean:

carb cleaner -> scrub -> wipe ->carb cleaner -> 120psi air compressor -> lube. Takes 15-20 minutes and I'm good for the next 500-ish rounds.

Mines sitting here broken right now. They break like anything else. Great guns. Lets not pretend they are perfect.
The fun part about them breaking, is that if you need/want to repair it using KAC components, you're either going to be waiting a long while for a replacement to get sourced, or you're going to pay out the ass on gunbroker.

Reactions: Genesis1984
Holy shit, exact same thing happened to mine.
Probably contact from the bolt carrier plus off-axis tube? I’ve seen several examples where I’d have been concerned about prolonged wear due to the tube not being centered in the upper.

Reactions: Bakwa
Session 3 is now added to the initial post.

IMG_9281.jpeg

Cheers!

Last edited: