• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Invitation to shoot a new Benchrest venue!!

Candoo

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2020
Come join us at Buck Creek in Somerset, KY Aug. 1, 2020 at 9:00 am Eastern Standard Time.

We will be having our Inaugural Bullet PRO 150 match. We will draw benches at 8:00 am for 36 shooters, 7:30 am for 48 shooters.
There will be two classes of Benchrest competition.
#1 Unlimited
Most all competitive Rimfire Benchrest shooters are aware of what that means. So hopefully enough said.

#2 Factory HOT RODS Class
Any factory made action; Examples: Anschultz, Suhl, CZ, Remington, 40X and so on.
Barrel type, no restriction
Tuner, no restriction
Stock, no restriction
Trigger, no restriction
Scope, no restriction
In the factory class, you must shoot from some form of two-piece rest system with at least one sand bag on one end or the other. Yes you can use a sand bag on both ends if you like.
There will be a complete set of rules at the event for everyone.

Ammunition: .22LR only manufactured in excess of one million rounds produced. No jacketed bullets or hand loads.

The target will be shot at 50 yards.

We are putting up a list to sign up if you want to join us.
At 36 shooters the entry fee will be $35.00 ea. We will shoot 5 cards.
At 48 shooters the entry fee will be $30.00 ea. We will shoot 4 cards.
We will provide lunch for everyone.

List of Shooters
1. Bill Drummond
2. Mark Tracy
3. Jamie Burgess
4. Grant Toman
5. Pat Patterson
6. Richard Morgan
7. Mike Bush
8. James Carroll
9. Becky Carroll
10. Benjamin Matoy
11. Shelby Matoy
12. Tom Aldridge
13. Barbara Aldridge
14. John Jamison
15. Harold Neighbors
16. Gerald Higdon
17. John Prince
18. Jim Ayers Jr.
19. Jimbo Ayers
20. Hunter Ayers
21. Greg Monroe
22. Jerry Smith
23. Bob Cleveland
24. Jim Starr
25. Bill Poor
26. Glenn Spencer
27. Cecil Combs
28. Joseph Finley
29. Tony Harper
30. Kenneth Richards
31. Trent Shellabarger
32. Frank Shook
33. Greg Hissong
34. Bud King
35. Mike Gross
36. Matt Strong
37. James Wesley
38. Myles Cope
39. Adam Plummer
40. Evan Doyle
41. James Sharp
42. Travis Schmitter
43. Norm Flynn
44. Tommy Cole
45. Larry Mills
46. Kent Flanery
47. John Plummer
48. Tim Abner
49. Jeromy Viands
50. Brandon Sanspree

Please make sure if you are coming we have your name on our list of shooters, so we know how much food to have on hand.
You can pay when you register at the match.
MissionStatement.JPG
Bullet Pro 150 #2 004.JPG
Bullet Pro 150 #2 005.JPG

Last edited:
There is a ton of top BR shooters on the list !

This is it Guys! There's been A LOT going on in the background as it relates to how we serve this community. To design, develop and make a new BR/F-Class action was the start of how we move into a new area of the rimfire shooting sports. As we looked at the current events, we knew there was quite a few things missing, so, we (mostly Ivan) put a lot of effort into what the venues look and feel like as well. We're wrapping the format around Ivan's new target and I can guarantee everyone will feel welcome and have fun. As you can see, there are a lot of high caliber shooters (I'm not a high caliber BR shooter) on the list above that will be happy to take new shooters under their wing. New shooters are important for the life of the BR sport and these guys have a lot to offer.

Post any questions you may have here and even if you'd like to show up to watch and ask questions, that's also highly encouraged. We'll have rifles and other gear on display, so if you're not quite ready to shoot, feel free to come poke around.

Thanks,
MB

I’ll be there. May not shoot but definitely there

Candoo, where can we order some of those targets to practice on and when can we see the rules/course of fire for the match? Thanks!

Reactions: Jumbo1
This is it Guys! There's been A LOT going on in the background as it relates to how we serve this community. To design, develop and make a new BR/F-Class action was the start of how we move into a new area of the rimfire shooting sports. As we looked at the current events, we knew there was quite a few things missing, so, we (mostly Ivan) put a lot of effort into what the venues look and feel like as well. We're wrapping the format around Ivan's new target and I can guarantee everyone will feel welcome and have fun. As you can see, there are a lot of high caliber shooters (I'm not a high caliber BR shooter) on the list above that will be happy to take new shooters under their wing. New shooters are important for the life of the BR sport and these guys have a lot to offer.

Post any questions you may have here and even if you'd like to show up to watch and ask questions, that's also highly encouraged. We'll have rifles and other gear on display, so if you're not quite ready to shoot, feel free to come poke around.

Thanks,
MB
Mike and Ivan, will you guys be shooting the new rifle at the match?

Dumb question. How do confirm we're shooting something that's produced north of one million rounds?

Come join us at Buck Creek in Somerset, KY Aug. 1, 2020 at 9:00 am Eastern Standard Time.

We will be having our Inaugural Bullet PRO 150 match. We will draw benches at 8:00 am for 36 shooters, 7:30 am for 48 shooters.
#1 Unlimited
Most all competitive Rimfire Benchrest shooters are aware of what that means. So hopefully enough said.

#2 Factory Class
Any factory made action; Examples: Anschultz, Suhl, CZ, Remington, 40X and so on.
Tuner, no restriction
Stock, no restriction
Trigger, no restriction
Scope, no restriction
In the factory class, you must shoot from some form of two-piece rest system with at least one sand bag on one end or the other. Yes you can use a sand bag on both ends if you like.

Ammunition: .22LR only manufactured in excess of one million rounds. No jacketed bullets or hand loads.

List of Shooters
1. Bill Drummond
2. Mark Tracy
3. Jamie Burgess
4. Grant Toman
5. Pat Patterson
6. Richard Morgan
7. Mike Bush
8. James Carroll
9. Becky Carroll
10. Benjamin Matoy
11. Shelby Matoy
12. Tom Aldridge
13. Barbara Aldridge
14. John Jamison
15. Harold Neighbors
16. Gerald Higdon
17. John Prince
18. Jim Ayers Jr.
19. Jimbo Ayers
20. Hunter Ayers
21. Greg Monroe
22. Jerry Smith
23. Bob Cleveland
24. Jim Starr
25. Bill Poor
26. Glenn Spencer
27. Cecil Combs
28. Joseph Finley
29. Tony Harper
30. Kenneth Richards
31. Trent Shellabarger
32. Frank Shook
33. Greg Hissong
34. Bud King
35. Mike Gross
36. Matt Strong
37. James Wesley
38. Tommy Cole
39.Norm Flynn
40.Larry Mills
View attachment 7365388View attachment 7365406View attachment 7365407

Last edited:
Count me in - Factory Class - Kent Flanery

Do we need to call or e-mail to sign up? Will time allow for a shooter to compete with multiple rifles? BTW: I have competed at Buck Creek before. They are good people and have a good group of talented shooters in the local ranks. Better bring our A-game.

Irish

Do we need to call or e-mail to sign up? Will time allow for a shooter to compete with multiple rifles? BTW: I have competed at Buck Creek before. They are good people and have a good group of talented shooters in the local ranks. Better bring our A-game.

Irish
I think i hit reply and it sent me to the list where i typed my name in, I don’t know about payment.

#1 Unlimited

#2 Factory Class
Tuner, no restriction
Stock, no restriction
Trigger, no restriction
Scope, no restriction

Ammunition: .22LR only manufactured in excess of one million rounds. No jacketed bullets or hand loads.

List of Shooters
1. Bill Drummond
2. Mark Tracy
3. Jamie Burgess
4. Grant Toman
5. Pat Patterson
6. Richard Morgan
7. Mike Bush
8. James Carroll
9. Becky Carroll
10. Benjamin Matoy
11. Shelby Matoy
12. Tom Aldridge
13. Barbara Aldridge
14. John Jamison
15. Harold Neighbors
16. Gerald Higdon
17. John Prince
18. Jim Ayers Jr.
19. Jimbo Ayers
20. Hunter Ayers
21. Greg Monroe
22. Jerry Smith
23. Bob Cleveland
24. Jim Starr
25. Bill Poor
26. Glenn Spencer
27. Cecil Combs
28. Joseph Finley
29. Tony Harper
30. Kenneth Richards
31. Trent Shellabarger
32. Frank Shook
33. Greg Hissong
34. Bud King
35. Mike Gross
36. Matt Strong
37. James Wesley
38. Norm Flynn
39. Tommy Cole
40. Larry Mills

Mike and Ivan, will you guys be shooting the new rifle at the match?
That's a very good question, I have been charged with the responsibility to make sure this new action is what a Benchrest or F/ class action should be. Vudoo, Mike, and I are taking this project very seriously. To answer your question today, it will be Mike's call.

Irish
Kent, we want everyone to have a chance to shoot this. We will just have to wait and see.
Ivan

#1 Unlimited

#2 Factory Class
Tuner, no restriction
Stock, no restriction
Trigger, no restriction
Scope, no restriction

Ammunition: .22LR only manufactured in excess of one million rounds produced. No jacketed bullets or hand loads.

List of Shooters
1. Bill Drummond
2. Mark Tracy
3. Jamie Burgess
4. Grant Toman
5. Pat Patterson
6. Richard Morgan
7. Mike Bush
8. James Carroll
9. Becky Carroll
10. Benjamin Matoy
11. Shelby Matoy
12. Tom Aldridge
13. Barbara Aldridge
14. John Jamison
15. Harold Neighbors
16. Gerald Higdon
17. John Prince
18. Jim Ayers Jr.
19. Jimbo Ayers
20. Hunter Ayers
21. Greg Monroe
22. Jerry Smith
23. Bob Cleveland
24. Jim Starr
25. Bill Poor
26. Glenn Spencer
27. Cecil Combs
28. Joseph Finley
29. Tony Harper
30. Kenneth Richards
31. Trent Shellabarger
32. Frank Shook
33. Greg Hissong
34. Bud King
35. Mike Gross
36. Matt Strong
37. James Wesley
38. Myles Cope
39. Adam Plummer
40. Evan Doyle
41. James Sharp
42. Travis Schmitter
43. Norm Flynn
44. Tommy Cole
45. Larry Mills
46. Kent Flanery
47. John Plummer
48. Tim Abner

Please make sure if you are coming we have your name on our list of shooters, so we know how much food to have on hand.
Ivan, will you have two separate targets, one for Unlimited class, and a second for Factory rifle, with larger bulls (like ARA) or just using one common target for both classes?

Ivan, will you have two separate targets, one for Unlimited class, and a second for Factory rifle, with larger bulls (like ARA) or just using one common target for both classes?
Thanks Mark, as this unfolds we will continue to make changes for the betterment of the sport. One of those changes just happened this morning from a positive shooter named George Atkins. We are going to give the Factory Class a new name, It's going in the rule book to be called the Factory Hot Rods.
Ivan

Last edited:
The targets will available for sale at the match $25.00 per 100. You will be able to order them after this match, there will be additional charges for shipping.
Candoo, one additional question, if you're able to share the detail. What is the diameter of the center ring on your target?

Thanks!

Candoo, I tried searching Google maps for this range by name, but nothing comes up. Can you confirm the address below as the correct location for the Match?

Thanks!

7204 State Hwy 1003
Somerset, Kentucky

Thanks!

Ivan, can you share the course of fire for the warm-up and match before we get there? My first match, so it's all new to me. An overview of what will take place would be good info for me. Things like how long is the warm-up/zeroing/sighter session before starting the match. How long to complete shooting each card. If it's raining, do we cover the cards with plastic and keep shooting? How many shooters in each group? Etc... Thanks!

#1 Unlimited

#2 Factory HOT RODS Class
Tuner, no restriction
Stock, no restriction
Trigger, no restriction
Scope, no restriction

List of Shooters
1. Bill Drummond
2. Mark Tracy
3. Jamie Burgess
4. Grant Toman
5. Pat Patterson
6. Richard Morgan
7. Mike Bush
8. James Carroll
9. Becky Carroll
10. Benjamin Matoy
11. Shelby Matoy
12. Tom Aldridge
13. Barbara Aldridge
14. John Jamison
15. Harold Neighbors
16. Gerald Higdon
17. John Prince
18. Jim Ayers Jr.
19. Jimbo Ayers
20. Hunter Ayers
21. Greg Monroe
22. Jerry Smith
23. Bob Cleveland
24. Jim Starr
25. Bill Poor
26. Glenn Spencer
27. Cecil Combs
28. Joseph Finley
29. Tony Harper
30. Kenneth Richards
31. Trent Shellabarger
32. Frank Shook
33. Greg Hissong
34. Bud King
35. Mike Gross
36. Matt Strong
37. James Wesley
38. Myles Cope
39. Adam Plummer
40. Evan Doyle
41. James Sharp
42. Travis Schmitter
43. Norm Flynn
44. Tommy Cole
45. Larry Mills
46. Kent Flanery
47. John Plummer
48. Tim Abner
49. Jeromy Viands
50. Brandon Sanspree
51.James Compton

I still have not seen my name on a list. Will I get an e mail response ? I’m a little confused. I hit reply and typed my name on the list. I submitted an application on line. Thanks for your help with this. I guess I must be over looking something

Ivan, can you share the course of fire for the warm-up and match before we get there? My first match, so it's all new to me. An overview of what will take place would be good info for me. Things like how long is the warm-up/zeroing/sighter session before starting the match. How long to complete shooting each card. If it's raining, do we cover the cards with plastic and keep shooting? How many shooters in each group? Etc... Thanks!
With 60 shooters on the list no warm up, you should be able to zero your rifle on the official sighter. Don't worry too much, there will be veteran shooters there to help. You will have 16 minutes to shoot the target. If it starts to rain, have your big girl panties on we keep shooting. Everyone, we are going to have a great time. The targets will be O.K. 12 benches, so right now 12 shooters on each relay, 5 relays.

Ivan

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
James, I do not have your name on the list. Sorry, what is your location?
Ivan