• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Invitation to shoot a new Benchrest venue!!

Cuzz, I believe Ivan responded to this on another forum. Don't remember which. I think there was no problem.

RAVAGE88
RAVAGE88

justinp61 said:

Do the Vudoo and RimX actions fit in the factory class?

Yessir, they do, we call it the Factory Hot Rod Class. It's not as restrictive as typical factory class matches, so bring it and shoot....

MB

[/QUOTE]
RAVAGE88
RAVAGE88

justinp61 said:

Do the Vudoo and RimX actions fit in the factory class?

Yessir, they do, we call it the Factory Hot Rod Class. It's not as restrictive as typical factory class matches, so bring it and shoot....

MB

Am i correct in thinking that a vudoo repeater will have to shoot in unlimited?
If you are shooting on a one piece rest then the answer would be yes. Two piece rest system no.

Ivan

Dumb question, I’ve never shot BR competitively so this would be my first time. I’d be shooting an Anny 64MPR. I’d have no delusions of being competitive other than with myself.....so my question is whether the spots are open to average Joe‘s or is the intent for serious competitors to be the ones signing up?

Dumb question, I’ve never shot BR competitively so this would be my first time. I’d be shooting an Anny 64MPR. I’d have no delusions of being competitive other than with myself.....so my question is whether the spots are open to average Joe‘s or is the intent for serious competitors to be the ones signing up?
All i can tell you for fact is that i’ve shot 2 air rifle and 22lr matches in my life and i am signed up. I have no intentions of shooting in the top half. This is mostly a learning thing for me. But i am gona shoot as well as i can.

All i can tell you for fact is that i’ve shot 2 air rifle and 22lr matches in my life and i am signed up. I have no intentions of shooting in the top half. This is mostly a learning thing for me. But i am gona shoot as well as i can.
I've shot 3 matches now with my new Holeshot BR rifle. My goal was to not be last. I'm shooting mid pack and now I want to be near the top.

I've shot 3 matches now with my new Holeshot BR rifle. My goal was to not be last. I'm shooting mid pack and now I want to be near the top.
Ive learned that with a v22 i can shoot factory if i don’t use one piece rest and that’s what i intend to do. ive seen a hole shot, they are very good looking actions.
I’m sure you know that it ain’t gona be who pulls the trigger the best, is gona be the wind reader and that definitely ain’t me.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Ive learned that with a v22 i can shoot factory if i don’t use one piece rest and that’s what i intend to do. ive seen a hole shot, they are very good looking actions.
I’m sure you know that it ain’t gona be who pulls the trigger the best, is gona be the wind reader and that definitely ain’t me.
Get a copy of Landy’s POA chart. It has helped me a lot. Good luck

Reactions: exotherm
A copy is attached for your review. I added the directions for my range, so I can correlate the wind forecast with Landy's chart.

Actually, this is the one I was referring to. It has POA.

wind chart 2.jpg

Reactions: stonehead
Can not update the list, so here is a new updated one.

List of Shooters
1. Bill Drummond
2. Mark Tracy
3. Jamie Burgess
4. Grant Toman
5. Pat Patterson
6. Richard Morgan
7. Mike Bush
8. James Carroll
9. Becky Carroll
10. Benjamin Matoy
11. Shelby Matoy
12. Tom Aldridge
13. Barbara Aldridge
14. John Jamison
15. Harold Neighbors
16. Gerald Higdon
17. Todd Wooten
18. Jim Ayers Jr.
19. Jimbo Ayers
20. Hunter Ayers
21. Paul Parrott
22. Jerry Smith
23. Mark Self
24. Jim Starr
25. Bill Poor
26. Glenn Spencer
27. Cecil Combs
28. Joseph Finley
29. Tony Harper
30. Kenneth Richards
31. Trent Shellabarger
32. Nick Johnston
33. Greg Hissong
34. Bud King
35. Mike Gross
36. Matt Strong
37. James Wesley
38. Myles Cope
39. Adam Plummer
40. Evan Doyle
41. James Sharp
42. Travis Schmitter
43. Norm Flynn
44. Tommy Cole
45. Larry Mills
46. Kent Flanery
47. John Plummer
48. Tim Abner
49. Jeromy Viands
50. Brandon Sanspree
51. Eric Denson
52. David McVey
53. Tom Bauer
54. Gerardo Garcia
55. John Cotten
56. Geoffrey Green
57. Mark Hacker
58. Rileigh Jordynn
59. Michelle Wheeler
60. Gary Wheeler
Hope this helps!!

Ivan

Reactions: Cuzz
If somebody comeing to the match has a 10 shot plastic mag that they would like to sell, i would like to buy it there. I will pm my phone number. Thanks
Tommy Cole

I'll bring a few mags....

MB

Ivan, I am curious and IAM sure others may be also. With the list of shooters firming up could you give an approximate number of unlimited shooters and factory shooters if you have time. Thanks.

Ivan, I am curious and IAM sure others may be also. With the list of shooters firming up could you give an approximate number of unlimited shooters and factory shooters if you have time. Thanks.

I looked at the list of people I know and ones I don't, my guess is it will be about equal. Maybe something like 28 U.L. shooters, 32 F.H.R. shooters.

Hope this helps!!
Ivan

I am assuming that everything is still on for this Saturday, even though our overlord Andy is implementing new mandates for crowds and whatnot..

Well bummer. Guess I should have check this page more often… Signed up and never got confirmation that I made the list… next shoot for sure. Hope it went well!

It did go very well except for my poor shooting. I was glad to meet several from here and a few others. Names i remember are Cando,Larry, Mike &Norm . Little rain cooled it off a little. People were great as were the burgers!
image.jpg

Man I had a lot fun, this was my first BR with more than 9 people LOL. I wish I would have done better but I needed more patience...I want to thank Mark Tracy for giving up any chance he had letting me share his rig...Man it was nice rifle and I did it zero justice. I felt bad for Mark having to babysit me the whole time. To me that is a real shooter/competitor!

Ok... magic question. How did the v22s do? Was it used to compete by any of the competitors?

Ok... magic question. How did the v22s do? Was it used to compete by any of the competitors?
Is v22 the new single shot? Mike showed a newer version of it and there was another complete gun with a beautiful laminated stock, I understood that it was one of the first ones. But i don’t think they are ready for competition yet.

Man I had a lot fun, this was my first BR with more than 9 people LOL. I wish I would have done better but I needed more patience...I want to thank Mark Tracy for giving up any chance he had letting me share his rig...Man it was nice rifle and I did it zero justice. I felt bad for Mark having to babysit me the whole time. To me that is a real shooter/competitor!
Hey Mark,

You did just fine, and Mark is one of the good guys in RFBR. Were you shooting his Midas+ 28-9333 or the Tenex 1018-2279?

Landy

No. The V22s was not at the match, but Mike had a few of the new actions we could look at. Man, that Vudoo-Flavio trigger is so sweet, and you just think about touching it and it goes off. Ivan had one of his match rifles at the match on display.

Enjoyed the match. The new tgt is nice and it was great to meet Mike, Norm, Larry, Todd and so many other great shooters. Being new, I wish I had taken the match a bit more seriously. I brought an un-proven albeit great shooting old Win 52B is with an antique 10x Fecker scope. While it shot good, I was still messing around with ammo lots to get the best out of it. I only had enough of its best lot for one card which was OK. I switched to a new lot of Eley on the last card a was able to score a 2000 on it. Wish, I had taken the time to try that lot at home before I got to the match, lol. Had I realized how serious this match was, I might have brought a more proven and tested rifle. Live and learn.

Fun event with good people. Suggestions: Offer a junior class and consider offering a factory stock class which would allow the Vudoos, Annies, Sakos and other nice factory original rifles to compete on a level field. The Hot Rod class is great and I would keep it but it was so open that it made a maxxed out hot rod so much like a unlimited rifle that the only real difference was the two piece rest. Just food for thought.