• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ionbond??

Whit

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
Ohio
Is there any sponsors here on the Hide that does Ionbond coating? I am thinking of getting one of my rifle bolts coated. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get my bolt done?

Re: Ionbond??

Is the bolt the only thing that needs done? Mark at SAC is puting CeraKote my TRG. Could I just Ionbond the bolt?

I had every last little bit of my barreled action treated (minus the trigger)... Call a distributor to get the details on pricing but I believe they price it by the batch, so up to X amount of parts cost something... And over X amount cost a little more...

If that is the case, I'd take IonBond over anything out there except maybe NP3, Birdsong or some Cobalt-Robar-Nickle-TiN high speed tool coating.

My buddy has his USPSA Single Stack pistol done in Ionbond. It has 50,000 to 75,000 draws on it and dang near looks like new. My blued guns look like shit after half that many. A little pricey, but holds up well.

Todd at Phantom Finishing does Ionbond. His shop is in the same building as Spartan Precision. He is probably too small a vendor to advertise on the Hide. He does very good work, though.

www.phantomfinishing.com/