• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 1&4x Pitbull

dmachine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2004
RI
Has anyone tried one of these yet? It looks like a great AR scope, but I would like to know how well they work.

Re: IOR 1&4x Pitbull

I haven't tried one but it looks like the perfect AR optic to me! If I had the money I'd be all over one!

i believe these things didn't turn out to be what everyone was expecting.... with that said i have never used one but from some of the reviews i've read i stayed clear of and bought an EOTech+magnifier

The Elcan Specter 1x/4x is meant to be a better scope. The Elcan also has a daylight visible illimuninated reticle.

I have been running one since they came out on a 16" bbl AR (work gun). I have no complaints other than it is heavy. I love the big tube and huge FOV. I have it in an Americon Defense Recon mount they built specifically for the pit bull. I have had no POI shift, and I remove the optic frequently to pratice with the irons. I have used it from 0-500 yds and the 5.56 reticle has been spot on for hold over. At CQB ranges, I am just as fast with the pit bull (maybe a little faster) as I am with irons. I am a little faster with an aimpoint up close but at longer ranges I'm faster and more accurate with the pit bull. I live in MT and don't just use it at close range. The illuminated reticle is a little dim in full sun but I can still see some red in the dot. The glass is great and the knobs track accurately. I've tried the magnifier with an aimpoint and it wasn't for me. I haven't tried the ECLAN, but have been happy with the pitbull. Hope this helps. Any questions let me know.

dont knock it 'til u try it--IOR's have come a long way and are
a fine piece of hardware with stellar customer service--to me
they are what Leup. used to be--best for the $$

Thanks for the input. I like IOR scope's, I have a 2-12x & 3x and they work great. I really like the 32mm obj. of the Pitbull, it should let alot of light in when it starts to get dark. Most small scopes use 20mm - 28mm obj., my Leup. 1.5-5x Mark 4 looks like the lens cap is shut at dusk. I also have an Elcan Spec. OS 3x, it's nice but the glass in the IOR is better. (Great ret. though.) I'll prob. have to try one and see how they work. Thanks everyone.