• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition IOR 12-52X56 Terminator

phillip61

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2012
texas
I currently shoot a IOR 3.5-18X50 and reallt like it. I live about 1.5 hrs from Camp Robinson Ark. I found a club that shoots up there once a month. 600yds one day and 1000yds the next. You don't have to shoot both days if you don't want to. I would like to go shoot the 600yd match, but I've heard most of these guys shoot very high magnifications 42X and higher. I have never tried to shoot this far and was wondering can I compete with my 18X? I have found a IOR Terminator 12-52X56 that I'm thinking about getting but don't know how this scope would be when I'm not shooting matches and I'm just out hog hunting or something. I don't want to get rid of the one I have if I don't need to, but I want to be able to compete also. Any input from guys that shoot these matches would be great and thanks in advance for your input.

Re: IOR 12-52X56 Terminator

With all the improvements IOR has made over last ten years my only question would be can you make weight with this scope?

Other than that I am sure it will work fine

how much can it weight? what happens if if weights to much? I know nothing about these issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recondo84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much can it weight?</div></div>

That sounds like a movie line, right before the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man lumbers on screen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recondo84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what happens if if weights to much? I know nothing about these issues. </div></div> You're rifle is limited to 18.1 lbs in F-TR, if you are over weight you are disqualified

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recondo84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much can it weight?</div></div>

That sounds like a movie line, right before the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man lumbers on screen

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recondo84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what happens if if weights to much? I know nothing about these issues. </div></div> You're rifle is limited to 18.1 lbs in F-TR, if you are over weight you are disqualified

</div></div>

Or, like in my club, they put you in F-Open with the no-holds barred 7mm's
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nhm16</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recondo84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much can it weight?</div></div>

</div></div>

Or, like in my club, they put you in F-Open with the no-holds barred 7mm's
shocked.gif
</div></div>

Ok, so what I said only you have to burn up ammo to prove it
crazy.gif

very little chance to get weighted at a local match, nationals or world championships on the other hand pretty sure it is mandatory.
figure out what you want to do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinnypitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i've never seen anyone weighed at our local matches </div></div>

Whether you get weighed at locals or not it's no reason to have an over weight rifle.

You get used to it, or forget that you really are over weight and you end up like a couple of guys I saw at Raton walking out of the weigh in trying to figure out what to take off of the rifle to make weight.