• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 3-18x42 35mm

KRM427

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2011
Virginia
Anyone know if this scope is comparable with a NF? I'm wanting to try something new

IOR VALDADA 3-18x42
35mm
Modified MP-8-A5 reticle
FFP
Side Focus
$1,500

Re: IOR 3-18x42 35mm

If you want an IOR I would take a chance on the 4-16 model. Go to Libertyoptics under New Products and order it.

IOR reliability isn't as good as NF however I have found with IOR that IF you get a good one you will have a scope that'll last a very long time.

Im looking for a scope in the 2000 dollar MAX price range and I really dont know what to get... I need some help choosing.
What is the best scope I can get for 2k

A used Premier or S&B can sometimes be had for that kind of money. Vortex Razor HD is a solid scope. Like I said I would probably get the new IOR. 4-16X, FFP, 10Mil elev knob, illum, great reticule, exceptional glass quality, 1450$ so 550$ in your pocket.

Disclaimer: I am biased. I own an IOR.

Personally, I think the glass in the IOR is superior to NF, though I have not looked through an F1.
I haven't used a NF scope, but when I looked through one, I wasn't blown away. It was good, crisp, clear glass but not in the same league as my 3-18.

I also thought the reticle was too thin for a tactical rifle, but that is just me. The fellow that owned the scope no issues running it.

You won't touch a FFP NF for 1500, they also offer a new illuminated reticle for a bit more.
The 3-18 works very well for me, some folks have issues with obtaining the correct eye relief. For more flexibility check out the 3.5-18.

Most people who have looked through an NF next to an IOR will agree that the IOR has better glass. Read Scott at Liberty Optics opinion of NF sometime. He hit the nail on the head....

i totally agree 4-16 but nf is a better way to go in my opinion. i find it more clear. on ior anything past the 16x i feel a slight tint .. maybe im just old.

I just purchased the 3.5-18x50 IOR MOA/MOA SFP and it is amazing. I also own a Nightforce 5.5-22 and it is great too. Haven't been able to shoot with the IOR but I have to admit that the glass does seem better than the NXS to me. I also like the reticle more as well. Range report will follow as soon as it stops snowing so damn much.

I have looked through the NF F1 next to my 3.5-18x50 and 3-18x42 and find the IOR blows everything else out of the water. The NF scopes do have an amazing reputation and a very durable mechanical system but their glass is definitely lacking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eternal24k</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am I the only one who isn't a huge fan of the MP8 reticle?
</div></div>

Not the only one...but definitely in the minority

Having owned a couple...they are comparable to say the least. I am always re-testing any "performance" purchase- but I am continually pleased with my IOR's. Worst case scenario is you spend the $200 depreciation to move it along to someone else. The NF may take a little less depreciation to move it along- but with $800 more front load.

I was drawn to the mp-8 reticle, value and especially the glass clarity/resolution, knowing I am giving up some liquidity, and adjustment range to others.

I only own one IOR and that is the one I have. No complaints....like the MP8 dot and the glass is crystal clear. Mine has been durable. Eye box has not been an issue but it is more tender than the USO's and the SS 5-20 I run. You will hear opinions across the board but their gen 4 3-18, the 2-10 and new model scopes have had a good record.

I have to admit I do not care for the original MP8. The MP8 A5 (aka MP8 Dot) is the new reticle since the snipers hide scope came out, it was developed in part by a hide member none the less. The original MP8 tended to obscure the target more, now just a 1/4 dot is in the center. Just wanted to clarify that I LOVE the MP8 Dot, and truly never cared much for the MP8 reticle.

I picked up the IOR 4-16x50 w/ X-1 reticle from Scott at Liberty Optics. Initial impression so far, glass is clear, tracks well and eye relief is not an issue. Haven't shot with it yet... Waiting on my Seekins rings to come off back order from SWFA. Pleased with the scope so far, we'll see how she shoots.