• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 3.5-18X50

SmimL7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2012
OH River Valley
Looking for an optic for my LMT MWS (18" SS). I'm really liking this one in FFP and Mil/Mil. I don't have any experience with IOR so i'd like to here the good and the bad. Thanks in advance.

Re: IOR 3.5-18X50

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmimL7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for an optic for my LMT MWS (18" SS). I'm really liking this one in FFP and Mil/Mil. I don't have any experience with IOR so i'd like to here the good and the bad. Thanks in advance. </div></div>

I had purchased a lightly used Gen2 IOR 3-18x42 FFP commonly refered to as the SH Edition from a Sniper's Hide member. I mounted it on my 35 year old Remington 700 .308Win using Seekins canted 20MOA base and Seekins 35mm rings and shot it like this for a few years. It worked great with the fantastic German Schott glass (the IOR scopes are optically 99% as good as the best from USO, Premier and S&B which is what I had to compare with side by side) solid elevation and windage controls which worked 100% correctly and a really good tactical reticle.

Something went wrong with it one day while out shooting. When I returned home I called Valdada described the problem and shipped it out to their offices. Less than 7 days later I had a brand new Gen4 IOR 3-18x42 FFP with the same modified MP-8 reticle. This scope worked as good or better than the older Gen2 scope.

In my experience Valdada customer service is as good as any of the "best" scope makers. No hassle service and the new replacement scope was returned to me in the same fashion I shipped it to Valdada. I recently sold that IOR scope and have had second thoughts about the wisdom of doing so.

HTH!

I really like my IOR 3-18X50 FFP Mil-Mil. I have it on a M40 style 308 for almost a year and it has been great.No tracking issues and scope is real stout. I like the feel of the big elevation knob. I am a huge Premier fan but for 1k less this IOR is a great deal and I will be looking at another one or I may try the Vortex Raxor, not suer yet.

My 2nd HDMR gets back to Bushnell tomorrow for their evaluation of it, and, wouldn't you know it, it's gonna be 63* and clear here and I don't have another scope GRRR. Anyway, getting my ducks in a row, here, in the event that I opt to get a refund on the HDMR.

For those of you who have gotten the IOR 3-18X50FFP, and having read Tucson Dave's, any of you all got any thing to add to what he's said? Scott has highly recommended it to me, and I'm leaning really heavy in the direction of getting one.

TIA, tony

Dont have the particular model, I purchased a 6-24x50 IOR for a 243 varmint build and I am very impressed. They are heavy if that matters to you, but the glass is awesome and mine has been 100% since I mounted it. Love the big 24MOA knob on top and the MP8 reticle is prefect for hacking prairie digs at distance.

The earlier generations had woeful problems, I have not heard as much bad press about the new ones, and CS has been very good through all of it.

BCP

thank you, sir. Fortunately, I'm built like an ape
laugh.gif

This website has another review and comparison of the IOR with some other high-end tactical scopes. ILya does a great job with these tests/reviews, giving comparative impressions and data that helped me make up my mind. And yes, I'm very happy with my IOR 3.5-18x50, especially considering its price relative to the competition.

Have had a 3.5-18x50 for almost two years, and I have a 2.5-10x42. I had a 3-18-42 also, but sold it.. now I wish I had it back, will probably end up buying another. IMO IOR are the best scopes in the mid price range there are!

Well, Iv'e had the scope for a month now and I am very pleased with it. I bought the IOR QD rings and am not impressed with them though. I ended up replacing the rings with an AD-Recon-SW mount. Thanks to Scott at liberty optics for getting it to me for the best price.

IORs are Great Scopes at a More than fair pricing compare to some of the "Elite" Brands. The glass quality is definitely up there with the best of them. The earlier models had some problems if you search around but the newer models has gotten some great feedbacks. Another thing I would also consider (Coming from Personal Expierence) is the availibility of the scope. There's alot of Higher End scopes out there that are Not exactly in Stock and many needs to be Back Ordered...Even the lower level ones like the Vortex Viper PST are having this issue as well. However as far as I know the IOR are in stock and ready to ship at a lot of the Places. Give scott at Libery Optics a call he should have the one you're looking for in stock ready to ship and comes with Rings Too. Good Luck! It's a Winner!

I have had a couple of the 3-18X IORs and really liked them all. Never had any issues with them - they were all very reliable. I loved the glass on them, and the modified MP-8 dot is still my favorite reticle.

The biggest con I can think of is this:
Once you spend some time at the range with one, nothing less will do and your idea of "budget" scopes now starts at about 1000 bucks.

I love the reticle. The tracking is great. Glass is of the highest quality. Love my IOR. I would own another in a heart beat.