• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IOR 36x42???

mr2.0

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2007
CALI/GEORGIA
I have an IOR 16x scope on my ar15 for years and still love it. I have been shooting strictly with my TR 22lr with Falcon 4-14x44 scope for the last several years and finally got a CZ455 vpt after starring at it everyday on computer for the past 2 years lol. I shoot mostly outdoor 50 yards paper punching and occasionally shooting paper indoor 25 yards when I'm too lazy to drive far. I want more magnifications and I have been looking at the IOR 36x42 (love the MP8 dot reticle) for my CZ455 and wonder if it's the right scope for the rifle, would it focus down to 25 yards? Let me know what you guys think

For what you mentioned you might look into the SWFA line of scopes. Maybe the 12x or 16x. I have the 12x on my VPT and love it! While I will admit that it is a bit lacking if I was just shooting groups at 50yds, for my purposes it suites me very well, someone correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure these scopes focus down to 10yds.

Ben

Thanks Ben, I'm on the fence on the SS 3-15x42 too. Getting a little greedy on mag,pretty much want the target to be on my face when punching paper. The TR will be strictly for popping soda can and the 455 is for paper punching only. Tam

Thanks Ben, I'm on the fence on the SS 3-15x42 too. Getting a little greedy on mag,pretty much want the target to be on my face when punching paper. The TR will be strictly for popping soda can and the 455 is for paper punching only. Tam

If you're just punching paper I'd look at the 16 or 20x SWFAs great scopes at a great price! I like the 12x because it is just a bit more versatile!

Ben

dude you dont want an IOR trust me

10fp, is there something about IOR that I should know and avoid? back in 2004 I bought a SS10x42 mildot with side focus for my 24" ar15. At that time imho the quality was so so for SS, the knobs was a little mushy, after 600 rds the cross hair started to cant to 12:30. Lost faith and I returned the scope to swfa, bought the fix 16s MP-8 reticle IOR and still good till this day. Got to admitted, the MP-8 dot reticle would be great for punching paper.

If you're just punching paper I'd look at the 16 or 20x SWFAs great scopes at a great price! I like the 12x because it is just a bit more versatile!

Ben
how is the knob on SS now and day? does it click solid and tactile? its been 10 yrs since I had owned one. I like the look of 42mm objective and don't want to go bigger than 44mm, ss 20x looks good but they don't offer that with side focus. yeah I'm a pita when it comes to gear

how is the knob on SS now and day? does it click solid and tactile? its been 10 yrs since I had owned one. I like the look of 42mm objective and don't want to go bigger than 44mm, ss 20x looks good but they don't offer that with side focus. yeah I'm a pita when it comes to gear

I had to run the elevation knob tonight which I hadn't done in awhile and was once again impressed! Very distinct clicks! The windage knob is a bit mushy compared to the elevation but still nice! I love it! I have the 3-9 as well and my 12x sounds better!

Ben

I had to run the elevation knob tonight which I hadn't done in awhile and was once again impressed! Very distinct clicks! The windage knob is a bit mushy compared to the elevation but still nice! I love it! I have the 3-9 as well and my 12x sounds better!

Ben

Thanks and the paint job on your 455 vpt stock is badass btw. Tam

Thanks and the paint job on your 455 vpt stock is badass btw. Tam

Thank you very much! I was going for a McMillan type swirl, but I am seriously considering redoing it in a Kryptek-ish pattern in the same colors.

Ben

My 36's will do 25 - awful big scope for a 455
But the glass is to die for - also the mag is more like 40 or so compared to looking.
But I only use them for ARA

Sorry have been away awhile - I have both 36's the FCH and MP8 reticle.
Love IOR's so far - only one season but very nice.

Weaver 36x is awesome for punching paper, I have 3 on my Annie's an 40x. They have been running strong for 3+ years and I bought all but one used. A lot of dialing as well.

Eddie