• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Gen 4 3.5-18x50 and 6-24x56 Comparo to NF S&B

Re: IOR Gen 4 3.5-18x50 and 6-24x56 Comparo to NF S&B

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GeKados</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last weekend I buy one 3,5-18X50 FFP MIL/MIL with SH1 reticle.
I upload some pictures:
url]

</div></div>

I wanty

I bought a 3-18 FFP IOR a couple of weeks ago. So far, I'm happy with it, no complaints. It is quite beefy. It takes a couple of minutes to re-zero the elevation/ windage knobs since you have to loosen 4 turret screws, but it is easy to do. I haven't used the zero stop yet, no need to since I have 9.5 Mils left in upper travel. The secondary point of impact indicator is interesting. I haven't used it yet, but it looks useful if I want to jump to a 300 yd. zero to use the reticle for hold overs out to 800 yards or so. The digital illumination is nice and it has an automatic shutoff.

I have a 20 MOA EGW L/H 1 piece base mount. With my 100 yard zero, I have 9.5 Mils left in upper travel(about mid way with a 20 Mil total adjustment), not quite enough to get to 1000 with a .308 Win. It looks like I'll have to get a 40 MOA base, the only issue is EGW doesn't make a 40 MOA base. Nightforce has 40 MOA base that will work on a L/H 700 S/A. 30 MOA will only give me another 2.9 Mils or so. It looks like a 40 MOA base will be needed.

Maybe I'll give EGW a call to see if they can make me a 40 MOA base, otherwise, I guess it will be a Nightforce 40 MOA base.

Great Thread, I've been looking for a new optic for a 6.5 Creedmoor. this settles it. IOR 6-24 FFP.

I have been shooting an IOR 3-18 gen 4 for around two weeks now. I am very impressed. I can't compare it to S&B due to lack of $$, but my buddy who runs a Sightron SIII wanted to throw his Sightron away and buy a IOR that day due ot the IOR's clarity. I run a MOA version, and I like having 25 moa in one rev. I haven't abused it, but no problems with repeatability. I did not like where my zero landed. It is suppose to have 65 MOA of travel. Sighted in at 100, I only had 19 MOA to come up. Even with my 20 MOA base, I only have 39 MOA. How do I only get 19 MOA when it is suppose to have 65 MOA of travel?? I was hoping for at least the middle of the road. That is my only complaint.