• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR M2 6x .308 Scope - Opinions?

GN4HIR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2007
Houston, Tx
You ever have one spare part that becomes a whole gun? Well.. I had an extra DPMS .308 barrel that has taken my Visa card and become a 16" carbine.

I'm thinking about a IOR M2 6x scope on a Larue SPR with a side mount for a Pride Fowler red dot. This should give me both close quarter ability and mid range reach.

I have a couple of IOR scopes and generally like the glass but I know the internal build quality is sometimes an issue. I had a 9-36 that wouldn't hold parallax on recoil.

Anyone use the M2 on a .308 AR platform?? Pros / Cons, which reticle did you choose?

Here is a picture for those that are more visual in nature.

IORM2.jpg

Re: IOR M2 6x .308 Scope - Opinions?

Looking at the same scope on the same gun.
hogs & varmits
That is two of us thinking the same way !!!hahaha
let me know if you go that way with the scope
tia
BTW... I live north of houston near livingston

use the 4x on a FAL, with the cqb reticle.
cons- horseshoe reticles make bullet strikes difficult to see
reticle is not centering, can see it move as you use bullet drop elevation, which is geared to specific 308 ballistic profile, which in your case with the shorter barrel is really going to be fun trying to match up (not mil or moa). turrets are difficult to center- loosen two screws turn bottom while shooting to poi=poa. illumination system far to bright=red haze out on first 4 settings. Loose the rubber eye piece.
pros- reticle only takes up about 1/2 field of view, allowing quick target pick up, after a lot of messing around , gun/scope will do 8x10 steel from 100 to 500 yds with comp. knob. and military surplus. Looks good on FAL (if you like that kind of stuff),
have had scope for couple of years, given this price range and whats available today I'd get a ss 3x9, and not give a seconds thought, (or if want to work out a trade)

Not exactly what I was wanting to hear but perhaps what I needed to hear. Too bad you can't get a custom elevation knob as that would help.

I also have a 4X on a FAL. Mine has the NATO reticle. I can't see bullet strikes either, but mine is a .223. The NATO reticle is very thin and hard to pick up. The illumination in mine seems to be about right, however it is green. It is also about 10 years old. I don't like the exposed knobs, and the bullet drop comp is a joke. One size fits all never fits me.
Every thing else Shooter2 already said. I would also look for a 3-9 or so, maybe less. You can get a Conquest for less than the SS. Better glass and covered turrets.