• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR never to much glass

mtnhntr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2010
Montana
I recently come across a IOR 12x52 Terminator what excellent glass Will focus on 52x to 20 ft unbelievable optics Here's a picture of it on my 6.5 Creedmoor no such thing as overkill you spot em you got em. This is the best glass I have ever seen.

100_0590.jpg

100_0588.jpg

Re: IOR never to much glass

That thing is a beast! Not to get too far off topic, but is that an HS Precision stock? I like the thumbhole ergo's, it looks like a nice stock (obviously, a beautiful rifle).

Great glass in there optics for sure -I believe from reading a little they have sorted them selves out to a greater degree in their scopes failing ????

To answer FALex it is a HS stock. I have a Vortex Razor and the difference is amazing I like my Vortex but I couldn't believe how much difference there is but also there is quite a price difference to go with it. It will eventually end up on 375 Cheytac where it belongs but I got a wild hair and want to do some shooting with this 6.5. One its cheaper to shoot than my 375 and it will give me a chance to play more at different ranges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mtnhntr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently come across a IOR 12x52 Terminator what excellent glass Will focus on 52x to 20 ft unbelievable optics Here's a picture of it on my 6.5 Creedmoor no such thing as overkill you spot em you got em. This is the best glass I have ever seen.

100_0590.jpg

100_0588.jpg
</div></div>

Dang that's awesome - IOR/Valdada is local to me (CO). Last time I was at the shop Val let me play with their 4-28x56 40mm. Which is obviously below yours and that thing was amazing! I'm running an IOR 2-12 35mm on my 6.5 Grendel PMR and it's my favorite glass. The clarity & resolution is outstanding on these bad boys.

Cheers,

AvsFan
anim_beer.gif

dude! thats like the hubble on there. How much dose just the scope weigh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fishdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dude! thats like the hubble on there. </div></div>

FKG LOL!!!! This has to be the quote of the day, love it
smile.gif

NICE!!

I have IOR's 3-18x42 on my FNAR and their 2-12x32 on my Sig Sauer M400

Let say, since buy the first and realizing the difference between IOR and the "other" scope I had, the others have gone on the shelf and caused me to buy more IOR !!

I did a lot of research, and it seemed to be their were priced scopes in the top tier of tactical glass.

that's my poor boy opinion and you can take it to the bullseye

I am looking at one currently. A 2.5-10 model. I new they had issues in the past. When would you say they have sorted themselves put?

I really like my 2.5-10x42, I agree, the glass is very very clear. However I think I am going to go with a US Optics on my next build, I hear they use the same glass (Schott) ?

Features + made in USA is why I want to go with a US Optics (though I think there is a fairly significant price difference as well).

only issue I was ever aware of was on some of their dot scopes, and the issue was paint inside flaking off. But my understanding is that that was a bad "batch" and they replaced those for people. They seem to back their product.

I have a fixed power 16x42 IOR and I think it's terrific glass for the money. That monster is on a whole different level though. It's an amazing scope, but too valuable for me to enjoy. If I was wealthy I would like a scope like that.

congrats, that is one hell of a scope, I have three IOR's and coudn't be happier unless they were mil/mil. The glass is outstanding in them for sure.

Gives new meaning to the old cliche, "shoot the moon."