• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Super M2 .308 on HBAR bolt gun?

bb223

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Hey guys, I just registered and I have some questions about optics.

I did a few searches and either there is nothing to be found or I am not searching correctly, lol.

Anyway, I've been planning on buying a Remington 700P in .308 to do plinking with and, despite the weight, maybe do some deer hunting.

I have pretty much already made up my mind that I want a fixed power scope, but I only have about $400 to spend on the optic.

I was looking around and the one scope that seems to fit my needs is the IOR Super M2 6x30.

I've really considered the Super Sniper (and it IS still an option) but I feel that the 10x may be a slight hindrance if I need to take a close in shot. Otherwise, I am throughly convinced that the SS is an excellent optic.

But back to the IOR.

Like I said, it seems to be exactly what I want but I know very little about optics and I'm hoping I could get some input by asking here.

I obviously don't need something I can take to war, but I want something durable and repeatable that won't give me any trouble and from everything I hear, IORs are built like tanks and relatively trouble free.

They also cost more than my $400 budget, but it also comes with scope rings, so the ~$100 rings would cost is already added into the price of the scope.

Now, from my research it appears that the particular scope I'm looking at has kind of short eye relief. I really don't know how big of a deal this is though.

And my own personal issue with the IOR Super M2 is that it is a BDC knob instead of one calibrated in MOA fractions.

Any and all input would be appreciated.

Re: IOR Super M2 .308 on HBAR bolt gun?

Well, I was looking around this site a bit more and the 3-9x42 SS seems to be getting awesome reviews and it only costs a bit more than the IOR.

Do you think the 3-9 SS would be the way to go over my other choices?

Also, would a TPS ring and base combination work well for the 3-9 SS?