• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iota EKO or Axial/allterra Carbon stock

808caliber

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Hoping to get some input from yall. There seems to be some good feedback on the iota EKO. Anyone here got feedback on the axial/alltera carbon stock?

Will be for a light hunting build on a kratos lite. They both seem to have vertically ish grips which is a must imo. Mahalo all.

Pics for reference

Attachments

• carbon_black_weave.jpg
    carbon_black_weave.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Desert-Grey-EKO-2-2000x1185.jpg
    Desert-Grey-EKO-2-2000x1185.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 169
Just looking at the pics, it looks like the EKO would be a better option of you're wanting to do a hunting/shooting crossover. More vertical grip, flatter stock.

That's not to say the other is bad, as I have zero experience with either. You'll just want to make sure they're comparable with the set up you're going with in terms of bottom metal and stuff.

Reactions: 808caliber
Just looking at the pics, it looks like the EKO would be a better option of you're wanting to do a hunting/shooting crossover. More vertical grip, flatter stock.

That's not to say the other is bad, as I have zero experience with either. You'll just want to make sure they're comparable with the set up you're going with in terms of bottom metal and stuff.

Thanks man. Appreciate the feedback.

if your looking for light... take a look at LRI

Chad built me a rifle on an M7 mausingfield and the element stock that he was a part of. Its about 2.5lbs all in with adustable cheekpiece and bottom metal in a5 style configuration.

This will be more a dedicated mountsin build since we mostly hunt goats on island in like 85 degree weather and 80 humidity.
This will dedinately be going to LRI for chambering, cerakote, etc. When i have all components on hand.

A bit of a late reply, but here's my 2 cents. I was trying to build a lightweight mountain rifle with my T3X Superlite. Turn around time was important to me because of an upcoming hunt, so I narrowed it down to the Iota Eko and Mesa Precision. I went with the Eko.

Let's start with the good (it will be short): Ergonomics are great. Extremely lightweight, but still rigid. The pattern (finish) looks great.

Here's the bad: Got the stock, and immediately realized there was no recoil lug in the box. No biggie, I thought I'd just swap the factory one in. Nope! Iota is using a proprietary recoil lug that is same thickness, but is narrower. Not sure why anyone would want less contact with the lug, but ok. So I emailed them. No response after days. So I called. Got someone on the phone and they agreed to ship it out. Waited a day, no shipping notice. Called again. They shipped it out the following day, ground.

Got the lug and was super excited to get the rifle into the new stock. Nope! Barreled action wasn't even close to dropping in. Flipped it over. Out of spec on bottom metal as well. With very little time before my upcoming hunt, I took it to a local smith. $200 later, and the action and bottom metal were in. Immediately I could see a problem where the bottom metal was. Front was flush, but the rear was sitting very proud of the stock. Clearly, the pillars were not properly installed.

Figured I'd take it out and shoot it anyway. The angle of the bottom metal was causing some feeding issues that I worked around. Got on the bench and fired 4 rounds. Same ammo that previously achieved about .7 moa when it was in the original stock. Shots were all over the place. Did the dollar bill test under the barrel, and couldn't get it to slide. Barrel was making contact in different spots the channel.

I called up Iota. They didn't seen surprised by the call. They agreed to take the stock back so they could see what went wrong. I was told I was SOL on the smith fees, but they'd at least pay for the shipping. In fairness, I understand their position on letting them have a crack at fixing it first. But if it wasn't f'd up in the first place, it wouldn't have been necessary.

So the stock is headed back to them, and at this point I'm out about $820 (including the smith) with nothing to show for it.

I have the axial Carbon with a long action Kratos Lite in it. It's a great stock. They're freaking expensive tho. I also have a Mesa altitude, actually a few. For a multi purpose hunting, long range stock, it's really hard to beat especially at the 600$ mark. Inletting comes spot on, they're light, finishes are great, and they're made by AG composites, which in my opinion is right up there with manners right now.
I looked at that one. Pretty sweet. I looked at that Mesa and wasn't sure I'd get a good cheek weld with it. My scope isn't on stilts, but a flat comb feels better to me. Ergonomically, I really like the Eko. And if Iota (Horizon) can make it right, it should be a great stock. It's just been a sh*tshow so far. I'm sure the caribou doesn't care what stock I have, but I won't be hunting with the Eko this year. Crappy factory stock is going back on.

I looked at that one. Pretty sweet. I looked at that Mesa and wasn't sure I'd get a good cheek weld with it. My scope isn't on stilts, but a flat comb feels better to me. Ergonomically, I really like the Eko. And if Iota (Horizon) can make it right, it should be a great stock. It's just been a sh*tshow so far. I'm sure the caribou doesn't care what stock I have, but I won't be hunting with the Eko this year. Crappy factory stock is going back on.
Update? I'm trying to decide between the EKO and the Mesa Altitude for my Tikka.

Update? I'm trying to decide between the EKO and the Mesa Altitude for my Tikka.
Wish I had one for you. I got the return shipping label days before I headed out to Alaska. When I got back, I got quarantined for 5 days. I got out for a couple, and got thrown back into quarantine again for 10 more. F*cking COVID. Once I get out again, I'll ship it back.