• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses IOWA 2-DAY FRANK / MARC OVERFLOW COURSE AUGUST 17-18

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    $650 - Plus some range fees, making your cost $710.
    SureShot Range, Mt. Auburn, Iowa
    The first Course overflowed, so let's stay and do it again.
    Start a sign-up sheet below. Payment Portal and information sheet to follow very soon.

Attachments

• IOWA PRC Info Sheet 2020 .pdf
      112.9 KB · Views: 238
    • 2019 July 17_18 Davis Const APRC (119).JPG
      2019 July 17_18 Davis Const APRC (119).JPG
      369.2 KB · Views: 115
    Last edited:
    I'll start the sign up....

Just copy and paste the following similar to how it went in the thread for the first class.

Roster:

I'll jump on this, but I'll stay on the waitlist of the previous class until this one is confirmed just in case there isn't enough interest in the 17th-18th

Roster:
    1. Chett W (winklche)

The Snipers Hide data book is out of stock. Other than loading ammo, that is the last piece to this puzzle. ( besides the back ordered scope) Will there be more by August or should I look elsewhere?

Reactions: Enough Said
    Thrilled if you bring one but it is not a requirement. Do not sweat this in any way.

Thrilled if you bring one but it is not a requirement. Do not sweat this in any way.

Sounds good. But................ I think if I bring one you guys would teach me how to use it!

Better to know shit than not know shit!!!!

I'll look for one.

If you are on the fence...DO IT!

I just finished the AK PR1/2 last week and it was wholly worth it! Don’t expect a pat on the hiney for hitting the target. Expect to have the fundamentals drilled into you. Expect an emphasis on building yourhabit patters to support life long marksmanship skills.

AND it was fun!

Marty

Reactions: Mike4837
    I'm very interested in this course, but before I ask off for work and such I want to make sure it is actually going on. Is this course actually happening or is it only if there is enough interest? If it is unknown at this point, how many must sign up for the course to occur? And, how many typically attend the course?

I'm very interested in this course, but before I ask off for work and such I want to make sure it is actually going on. Is this course actually happening or is it only if there is enough interest? If it is unknown at this point, how many must sign up for the course to occur? And, how many typically attend the course?
    Totally understand your position. I’m going to differ to @Enough Said and @lowlight since they’re the ones that have to stick around, but I believe the intent is to hold the class. I don’t know if it’s set in stone at this point though.

unless you mean the second class,

I believe we are also planning on teaching the second class. So if you are asking about that, (have to be more specific) since we are there, we will work it

Specifically, I am asking about the August 17-18th "overflow" course. That is the one I am interested in, and it appears there are some others who have put there name on the above list. I would like to, but I don't want to take vacation days and not use them for something productive if the course is not a go. I don't know how many you have sign up to do the course or what the class maximum is. But if you are the point it is going on and there are vacancies, then I will start planning accordingly.

Specifically, I am asking about the August 17-18th "overflow" course. That is the one I am interested in, and it appears there are some others who have put there name on the above list. I would like to, but I don't want to take vacation days and not use them for something productive if the course is not a go. I don't know how many you have sign up to do the course or what the class maximum is. But if you are the point it is going on and there are vacancies, then I will start planning accordingly.
    The OVERFLOW Course is a GO. Frank and I will not abandon this Course, even if it only has four students. We've got time to kill in Iowa before moving to TN, and we will already be there and established.

The OVERFLOW Course is a GO. Frank and I will not abandon this Course, even if it only has four students. We've got time to kill in Iowa before moving to TN, and we will already be there and established.

That's what I wanted to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I make hotel reservations or wait for the payment info?

Dont use the site for payment yet,

the peoplewho assembled it used some boilerplate text but failed to give me access to fine tune it.

I tried contacting the developer with no answer so I went over his head, just trying to make it right first.

it works but not everything is correct

we have room for all

Current Roster:
    1. Chett W (winklche)
    2. Jeff W (jwankel)
    3. sjmpcc022
    4. John F.
    5. Steve N (daylate)
    6. Jason N(Steyrguy)

daylate and steyrguy moved over to this class from the first one.

Lowlight is making changes to the payment portal today that will make it operable. I will let him advise when it is READY.
    The cost of this Course is $650, with and additional $30 per day going to the Range. Therefore, the cost will reflect $710.
    Don’t let that scare you off. We will forward the Range Fees.

— Taylor

Current Roster:
    1. Chett W (winklche)
    2. sjmpcc022
    3. John F.
    4. Steve N (daylate)
    5. Jason N(Steyrguy)

Removing my name as I need to be out of town for work that week.

Are there still openings for either class? Pay link is still up, but would like to confirm first.

Need 2 slots

Thanks, Justin

Current Roster:
    1. Chett W (winklche)
    2. sjmpcc022
    3. John F.
    4. Steve N (daylate)
    5. Jason N(Steyrguy)
    6. Larry R (hdbull)
    7. Justin D (Whatmeworry_45)
    8. Justin D (whatmeworry_45)

Awsome, I'm in for two slots. A buddy of mine is going as well.

Get those info sheets back to me please. I need names for Certs.
    No name before I travel... no Cert.
    — Taylor

Ladies and gents,

Marc has informed me that the group rate at the hotel for this class expires tomorrow. (7/14/20). After that rooms will be at the normal rate. If you want to get in on that you should call soon. I’m away from my computer til the weekend and WiFi is spotty but I believe it’s the cobblestone inn. The information should be in the previous posts or one of the other members can help if someone has questions. I’ll do my best but answers from me will likely be delayed.

Can’t wait to see you all there!

Gents, we have until July 14 to book our rooms. After that, it’s first-come-first serve with the masses. You want to be under this roof before we “burn this place down”. LOL

ALSO - I need this information Sheet / Application filled out when you are sure you will be attending. I use your information to generate Certificates and it provides us info about the equipment you will use. There is an indemnity clause as well.

I can have you fill this out at the Course, but you won’t be receIving a Cert with everyone else. Follow instructions, please.

Sign and email it to me at [email protected].

Thanks! It’s early but I’m getting this out of the way before our busy Course season starts.

Taylor

If anyone needs the form Marc wants you to fill out still it’s comment #104 in the thread for the first class. You should be able to click on the quoted link in this comment and be redirected to that one.

Hey guys, I'm starting a class roster to help Marc and Frank with name spelling for certs etc. If you're attending the class, please PM me your First and Last name and also mention if you're paid or not and which class dates you're attending. We're only about a month out!

What’s the time frame for the course? I ask because it’s a 6.5 hour drive and you know....work.