• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up IOWA Shooters check in here!

shawn57nomad

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2010
Iowa (God's Country)
Orient, IA---- SW of Des Moines and 15 miles north of Creston. New to varmint hunting, just bought my first rifle setup. Savage MKII BV .22lr-- Should be fun!

Re: IOWA Shooters check in here!

Anyone know of a good range here in IA? Has anyone been to any of them? Looking to get out when the snow stops blowing! Thanks.

I've only been to Izaak Walton League, but there's a membership with that, I need the same question answered myself.

Anyone up for some coyote hunting this weekend? I've been out once for the first time last weekend, saw nothing, of course. I'd like to get into it, maybe moreso after the cold, but if anyone has a time/place to go i'd be happy to join ya.

Hello All. Just getting started with the Sniper'sHide forum. Been a member of DRTV for awhile and many of those guys are on here as well. I'm over here in Eastern Iowa Between Iowa City and QC

septic,

where abouts in IA? My mom and dad are in Waterloo maybe pack a weapon along for the next visit home and put some lead downrange while home.

hi yall, i live in prairie city and am a member of the desmoines rifle and revolver club and they have a private range in van meter with a 600 yard rifle range which is the biggest so far here in iowa

I might be going to school in Iowa next year.

hey septic where do you go to shoot and have fun, i noticed on your site rob snyder is in a pic he is one hell of a great gunsmith he put my rifle together.

Hey all. Located in Tipton, with farm land in Lousia Co to shoot at. Depends on time of year as of how far (crops) Just getting back into shooting and reloading. also brother and dad also shoot.
See ya around.

New to the forum, New Market here. Just getting into rifle shooting, but have access to alot of farmland to shoot on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where is new market located </div></div>

Southwest. Between Clarinda and Bedford.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shawn57nomad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Septic you must be real close to Newton then? and JSC whereabout in SE Iowa? I am in Orient currently. </div></div>

sure am. about ten miles or just a bit less...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jetmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">septic,

where abouts in IA? My mom and dad are in Waterloo maybe pack a weapon along for the next visit home and put some lead downrange while home. </div></div>

i live about two miles from baxter. if you take 65/330 from des moines up to marshalltown like most do when doing to waterloo, you'll be passing right by my place. give me a holler. we'll pull triggers.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey septic where do you go to shoot and have fun, i noticed on your site rob snyder is in a pic he is one hell of a great gunsmith he put my rifle together. </div></div>

i built my own range on my little hobby farm. it lets me practice, shoot, and test my work so it seemed like the thing to do. nothing fancy, but it does the job. robert is about as good as they get. we do work together from time to time and i've always appreciated having somebody as good and genuine as robert to work with locally. i give him high marks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ballsdeep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where is new market located </div></div>

Southwest. Between Clarinda and Bedford. </div></div>

sup seth!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: septic-tank13</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ballsdeep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where is new market located </div></div>

Southwest. Between Clarinda and Bedford. </div></div>

sup seth! </div></div>

Not much, just patiently waiting on my lower............

Stockton, IA here... got quite a bit of land to shoot on in eastern Iowa

i think some of us from here in iowa should get together and do sum shooting at a decent long range shooting range or something

Anyone shot at the 1000 yard range in Pella? I would like to do some shooting there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pat4668</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think some of us from here in iowa should get together and do sum shooting at a decent long range shooting range or something </div></div>

i have some places with varied range local to where i live and a 100 and 50 yard earth berm range at my place. the field i was using for 1200 yards is used now, but we can poke in a few places out to 800 or so. i'd be willing to travel to you guys too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbhoover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone shot at the 1000 yard range in Pella? I would like to do some shooting there! </div></div>

yup. just a few times... nice group of guys, but what most folks don't realize is the gap between the ranges... you can shoot out to 100 but from 100 to 1000 there is a field you're shooting over. so you either poke to one distance or the other with nothing in between. just an FYI.

Good to know, I guess I won't spend too much time or effort trying to get up there. I just recently found a local (private) place to hopefully get out to 1000 yards or so.

that would be great and i think alot of fun

Davenport, IA here. Sounds like we have a decent Iowa following going here.

Coming back to IA 21 June through 14 July. I'll be in the MO Valley area. Is anyone going out to Pella sometime between those dates?

i herd the 1000 yard range in pella is off the map till they find some new land

there is a 600yard range just north of urbandale. van something im trying to get the info where its at

yea im a member at the range in van meter

Cedar Rapids here, looking for somewhere to shoot out past 200 yards the local range has.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scalian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cedar Rapids here, looking for somewhere to shoot out past 200 yards the local range has. </div></div>

east of cr there is a great dnr range called "matsells bridge" - they have made some major improvements to it. you should check it out. goes to 200 and the anamosa ikes a few miles from it just put in a monster shooting shelter with 100, 200, and 300 yard berms. FYI.

Iowa City here and the farthest I have been able to get out to is 100 yards haha anyone know of any goods places near by?