• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Iowa Shooters

Phobos986

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Nebraska
Now that this sight is being revived. I guess i can start an Iowa post? South West iowa, VERY south West. I like to shoot/drive, so i dont mind meeting up at a range or competition.
Cheers

Hey fellas. I'm south west of Des Moines 15 minutes. I have a 700yd range at my place when the crops are out with steel targets out every 50 or 100yds. Wishing I had a hot-rod caliber to shoot better with, but for the now the .224 caliber is getting it done surfing in the wind.

Just getting started have some ARs but looking at buying a 223 Bolt Gun to shoot. I live west of Des Moines about 20mins..Glad to see some guys close!

Best range for you guys in SW IA is High Lakes Sportsman's Club outside of Afton Ia. It's about an hour SW of DSM (East of Creston). Find them on Facebook. Berms with steel out to 770. They host a few club matches, one or two border wars matches every year and just held their 1st 22 match. Great core group of guys that run their matches and the yearly range membership fee is less than a couple cases of quality beer

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Enough Said