• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ipad crashes on this site anyone else

Scooter64

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2009
USA
When I am in the sticky threads in the reloading section safari and chrome crashes on my ipad. Has anyone have same experience.

Not related but an FYI to all apple users.

For anyone using iPhones, iPads, or Macs:

A severe security vulnerability has been discovered that would allow an attacker to monitor Internet traffic on Apple devices.

For iPhones and iPads, we recommend applying the latest patch by going to Settings => General => Software Update and choosing Download and Install. After accepting the agreement, it will take approximately 15 minutes and the device cannot be used during that time. We recommend plugging in the device to power or ensure there is enough battery life for the 15 minute duration.

For Mac users, there has not been a patch released yet. The vulnerability affects the Safari browser and the Mac Mail application. Until the patch is released, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox for web browsing and Microsoft Outlook/Webmail for email to avoid the issue. We will update company Mac users directly when the patch arrives for them.

I'm on an iPhone 4S and always have been. Safari just started crashing today. Have never had a problem in 4 years prior. Just letting you know in case something about the site has changed.

It's happened to me tonight three times already. First time ever since I've been here.

Link me to the page and say whether it is the first, second, etc.

it could be a hot linked image. Usually is is an image from another site. Especially it's new and just started.

All the ads display the same in multiple places odds of it being one of those is rare.

Mine crashes in the motivational thread every time, too much titty for the IPad to handle I guess.
When I'm in the equipment section I can't hit the back button, if I do I get an error screen.

OP - have you turned the iPad all the way off? Might try going into settings and clearing history and website data (iOS equiv of flushing cache)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cleared history and still iPad air crashes in both chrome and safari. It seems to happen with long threads. Has been happening since I bought the tablet 2 months ago. Only the snipers hide crashes it

Last edited:
IOS 7 has been more problematic for me then previous versions and it seems others have the same issues because their already up to v7.0.6. Make sure you have the most recent update and maybe do a full power down. I don't have problems here on SH but I get crashed out of facebook often, mine is a "new" ipad. Here's a thread that may or may not help

https://discussions.apple.com/message/24459395#24459395

Edit: Mine just crashed on SH an hour after posting this. lol

Last edited:
Me too, starting crashing today, I use my iPad to surf 99% of the time and this is the first time I had a crashing issue on snipers hide.....

Mine crashes in alot of threads, seems to be the longer ones with or without pictures in them.

This one does it: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...copes/215231-kahles-k624i-6-24x56-review.html

Formatting of the reply boxes and stuf looks different today also, like there's a black border around boxes and people's info that wasn't there becore. As soon as I noticed changes (today)I started having problems with Safari crashing on my iPhone.

Link me to the page and say whether it is the first, second, etc.

it could be a hot linked image. Usually is is an image from another site. Especially it's new and just started.

All the ads display the same in multiple places odds of it being one of those is rare.

Here is a screen grab showing the ads that appeared today.

image.jpg

I thought it was just mine, I came to this thread to ask the same question. Mine has been crashing on and off for a week or so and last night was the worst. Must have crashed a dozen times, scrolling, trying to post, all random times. Powered off, installed the latest update, etc. Got to the point of not being able to sign back in, said I had entered too many invalid usernames. Finally shut it down for the night and tried again today and it has shut down once already. Hopefully we can figure this out, otherwise I may have to talk to the wife instead of being here.

The ad appeared because they were working on an issue that was unrelated, that ad was always there, just only viewed to people not logged in.

We are working on stuff in the background and have been all week. So something in that work got done incorrectly, so I will talk to them and have them fix it. The ad appearing was part of that work.

it could be the reply box generation more than likely it is not the ad code because that has not changed, however the code to place it has so it might be a problem with a change to the style sheet.

For what it's worth to the "trouble shooter techno smarties" here:

On my iPhone retina display, the left side user info text and avatar images are all the standard "crisp" font, but the main body posts are a mix: some posts have a crisp font, but some are "fuzzy" as if using a non-retina display or as if it's a poor quality copy of an image. When I zoom in to see if the image quality changes, the browser (safari) crashes.

This is Not happening on another gun forum that also uses vBulletin. They are on version 4.2.0.

(I typed out this post on another app and tried to copy/paste it here because of the constant crashing when zooming in to type a post. However, the safari app crashed Every Time I zoomed in to try to get that little black "Paste" button, so I'm posting this from my laptop.)

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ADS....

It was a maintenance issue, the ads were ALWAYS THERE.... if you cant understand english, please refrain from commenting.

Nothing changed with the ads, that was something separate, apparently the style sheet is corrupted. The Ad code has not changed.

It was a maintenance issue, the ads were ALWAYS THERE.... if you cant understand english, please refrain from commenting.

Uh boss, I have a question. If they don't understand English, how are they going to know to refrain from commenting since they won't even know what these words mean? :p:p;)

I'm just fucking with ya Frank, don't go aspirating your coffee or go all Tactical Rifle on me now ok? :D

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ADS....

Nothing changed with the ads, that was something separate, apparently the style sheet is corrupted. The Ad code has not changed.

I understand. I had posted before reading the whole thread. My apologies.

Based on my testing of the site, it appears to be a JavaScript issue.

Yesterday there was a white fuzzy box over all of the post dates. Today it is gone. I don't get booted though.

I had same thing happen yesterday...multiple crashes. I powered off iPad and powered back on and it slowed crashes down but still crashes occasionally.

Glad I found this thread, I've been having a hell of a time with this site and facebook crashing lately. Started to think maybe my iPad was dying on me.

Both chrome and safari browser crash. I can force both to crash by zooming in on page. Mobile site works well.