• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Iphone App that has Ballistic info and Mildot

Buckeye Scott

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I have been looking on this site for an app that does ballistics and some basic mildot help. Seen a bunch of them but not sure what is the best for the money. Anyone have one or two they really like?

Re: Iphone App that has Ballistic info and Mildot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckeye Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking on this site for an app that does ballistics and some basic mildot help. Seen a bunch of them but not sure what is the best for the money. Anyone have one or two they really like? </div></div>

Just bought this one...http://ballistic.zdziarski.com/

also use this one....http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bulletflight/id300903039?mt=8

As for MIL-Dot Help...http://www.mildotballistics.com/

Shooter has the holdovers and windage in mils in the solutions menu. I have played with it a little on a 14.5" barreled AR-15 and has been fun.

I have 2 programs Bullet Flight L2 and MD Ballistic. I down loaded Mil Dot but haven't used it. Both of the programs work fine, like anything you need to make sure the data your feeding it is good.

+1 for Shooter. I used it for my last tactical match and every yardage adjustment the app gave me in mils was right on. It cost $10 but it is well worth it.

Here's another plus for Shooter. Been using it for a few years and it has never let me down. Very user friendly but like every ballistic program it will only be as good as the data you input.

I just decided to get fancy and got an Ipod for shooting.

Wanted to get shooter and ended up with zdziarski's thinking I was getting Kennedy's. (Both are listed in the Apple Store).

Had problems figuring it out until others on the SH got me lined up with Kennedy's.

I already had zdziarski's but got Kennedy's anyway. Both are $9.99.

I decided to get both. After putting in the numbers the results are the same but I like the "Distance" screen better on zdziarski's. Just put in the target size and the mils used and it gives you the corrections you need.

I thought Kennedy's had that, if it does I can't find it.

I figure for 20 bucks why not have both.

Never mind, I found the same thing on Kennedy's Shooter Program, guess you really don't need both.

Both are great, especially after Jonathan updated his Ballistic AE with several wind options. I use and like both.