• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report IPHONE APP

joycey

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2010
Australia
i have justed purchased the iphone app "isnipe"
can anyone tell me that its accurate or not?
because i also have another iphone app "cabelas hunt" an they both tell me differant bullet drop calculations
Thanks

Re: IPHONE APP

I have been using Bullet Flight on my Itouch with good results. Frank helped me fine tune it to within a .1 of a mil on the solutions.

Have both JBM's Ballistic FTE and Bullet Flight on my phone. I like Ballistic a little better, but both are good.

iStrelok aint bad for free, but you can only have 3 loads in it...

I have bought the Knight's BulletFlight L2 and "Ballistic" for my Ipod, using the same data, both are with in 1/2 MOA or less out past 1000y when the data is matched to my spread sheet.
But, if i was going to buy another for the Ipod / IPhone, it would be "Ballistic FTE"
By the same people that bring you the Gold Standard of ballistics.. JBM
http://www.jbmballistics.com/ballistics/calculators/calculators.shtml
For the cash, it has a lot more features then BulletFlight.. Just make sure to get the FTE version, the cheaper version isn't as useful with out "HUD display"

I've had very very good results with Ballistic FTE, well worth the money. To be honest, I was shocked at how accurate it was. I just bought a nice 7WSM from a fellow hide member. I mounted my scope on it, zeroed it at 100yds, fired 15 rounds over the chronograph to find my velocity (3,089fps). The next day I used Ballistic to find my dope out to 1000yds using Density Altitude. It was dead on out to 750, that's the furtherest I shot that day.

Later that evening, I shot a coyote at 632yds, my longest kill shot ever. I used the app to get my drope for the shot.

The app works great as long as your puttin in the correct data. I now have full confidence in it, once I've determined my velocity.

Ballistic FTE with out a doubt! But as LL stated, garbage in=garbage out. Once I finally tweaked my numbers (don't be afraid to change numbers as commercial chronographs have huge marginal errors) I am now within .1 mil out to my known 1 mile dope. I trust Ballistic FTE from 25y to 1763y.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leaddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have both JBM's Ballistic FTE and Bullet Flight on my phone. I like Ballistic a little better, but both are good. </div></div>
Same here I like them both but use FTE more than bulflte. Well worth the cheap price for these apps.

I've been using iSnipe on my iPhone for a couple years. It's been dead-nuts on. I use it for 308 ballistics, 175g SMK handloads with MV of 2670 fps. Just to give an example, at a class a year ago I had a target lasered at 1010 yards. I input all the parameters (temp, elev, hum, angle, etc) and scored 2 hits on 2 shots at the torso-sized target. The guy spotting said they hit dead center. Yes, I'm a big fan of iSnipe.