• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Range Report iphone calculator

Duffy1298

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
Jacksonville
Anyone got any recommendations as to the best/most accurate ballistic calc for iPhone? i have one of the cheap ones but it was off at even 300 yds. that OR the high possibility i did something wrong. i just really don't like the program so let me know what program you guys are enjoying

Re: iphone calculator

I use mil dot ballistics. It's expensive but works damn good!

I've had good results with Ballistic FTE. It too is a little pricey ($20 I think), but you're gonna pay more for the better programs anyway.

I have used both Ballistic FTE and shooter. I tend to migrate to Shooter now, mostly because of the Litz G7 values, although I can just transfer the G7s manually from his book to FTE it is just easier to select it from the library in shooter. Both are great programs.

Just shot a few days ago using Shooter in density altitude mode, got the DA and temp from the Kestrel, input it in Shooter, range 880 using the Leica, estimate 3mph crosswind value, and a solid first round hit on the 11inch plate at 880 with the 308Win. Almost too easy with light winds. If you use the program correctly it will be dead on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BulletFlight has been a flawless ap thus far for me. </div></div>

Same for me. But it was, IRRC, not "cheap" at all.

I use Ballistic FTE and it has worked for me out to 500yds. Just have to tweak a little to get its full potential.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BulletFlight has been a flawless ap thus far for me. </div></div>

Same for me. But it was, IRRC, "cheap" at all. </div></div> Once I did my part getting all the data correctly inputed, Bullet Flight was exactly one click (1/10 mil) low at 960 with my AR10T/Nightforce F1 in a Larue mount. I shoot Fed GM SMK 175s.

Bullet flight spit out 103 clicks, I needed 104.

It's dead on at intermediate distances. I couldn't be happier with it.

Bulletflight military version. Takes into account everything including spin drift, bullet stability with weight and twist rate, and you can true your ballistic data based on actual bullet impact to find the actual Bc for your rounds.

I have FTE and am still tweaking it, so far within a couple of click to 1250 yds.

MD Ballistics has added Coriolis Effect and Spin Drift in their last update. That a long with the bullet library, makes it a good package.

Balistic FTE. I helped a local LEO with his 6.5 CM the other day. 100 yard zero, shots through the chrono, straight to 1k. 8.5 mils scored first round hits center mass on steel.

Using a 4500NV Kestrel and DA this program has been nuts on. It also works great plugging in the temp, alt. and BP as well
wink.gif

Shooter is great bc you can change your muzzle velocity by entering 5 different distances and actual moa and get your real muzzle velocity. Ballistic: fte is my fav though. First time I shot 1.000 yards, it was spot on. I strelock is also good bc it takes temperature effects into account I.e. The Reloader series which is well known for it's temp sensitivity. Also has a good list of popular reticles

I have BulletFlight, iSnipe, Ballistic and iStrelok. I haven't done much long-range shooting with my setup so I can only speak as to features and UI.

Of the four, iSnipe and Ballistic are the only two with automated weather updating. Often on a range day I'd just get weather data from iSnipe or Ballistic, write it down and transfer it to other programs; now I'm onto iPhone weather apps, of which there are several good ones.

BulletFlight has the best simplified interface, with iStrelok a distant second. iSnipe and Ballistic are both basically forms you fill out.

I would suggest either KAC Bulletflight or iStrelok. You may also want to look at Clinometer, ShotTimer and Gun Log for gun utilities, Spyglass for land navigation and spotting (slightly less toy-like than Theodolite which is similar), and wunderground.com's weather app (which can draw weather info from local radio weather stations).

Glad I found this...was going to post a similar question now that I have an iPhone and was wondering about which version of Bullet Flight I should get.

If a guy only has two rifles, and two calibers (.308 and 6.5CM), is it necessary to have the full military version of bullet flight?

Never looked at Shooter or FTE...will do so now before I decide.

Shooter has been great for me. I have iSnipe and MD Ballistics on my phone as well, but I just like the way Shooter is laid out better. I think they all use the same ballistic program, don't they?

-Shaky

I've used most all of them and I think shooter is by far the best. It's been spot on for me when you use DA and the auto atmosphere it gets your data in real time. If you out of signal input your data from a kestrel or any other field expedient method and go.