• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

iphone/ipod touch rifle mount

Re: iphone/ipod touch rifle mount

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the ultimate Tacticool..???</div></div>

Or is it <span style="text-decoration: underline">"Tacti-Fool"</span>... hmm ?

How much money have you spent on ammo lately?

If every time you find something "cool" you want to buy for your rifle you instead take that cash and stash it away you can buy some kickass training...... or just ammo and range time to increase your skills.

Remember that an expert shooter with a rack rifle can put to shame a mediocre shooter with a blingtastic rifle.

LL would say if he wants to dork his toys up, look like a mall ninja, and spend like there is no tomorrow.....??

Just sayin....

vcx5ib.jpg

29yqxpe.jpg

my work here is done.....

Who makes the mug? I have to have one...tacticool pimp mug...

so you all are telling me you WOULD NOT drink beer from that mug? Come on...... you know you want one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much money have you spent on ammo lately?

If every time you find something "cool" you want to buy for your rifle you instead take that cash and stash it away you can buy some kickass training...... or just ammo and range time to increase your skills.

Remember that an expert shooter with a rack rifle can put to shame a mediocre shooter with a blingtastic rifle. </div></div>

I have a broken colar bone right now. Cant really do much but build stuff and buy stuff.....I understand what your sayin, Im all about pumping rounds out. Just very limited to what I can do. Lonewolf, you wouldnt happen to know skinta would you?

Name doesn't ring a bell.

I understand that a broken collar bone is going to severely limit your shooting, however unless you are just flush with cash or sitting on a pile of ammo I would direct cash in that manner.

Save your cash and when you are physically able, spend the money on something that will increase your skill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow...if we can only get Bolt to show up.......</div></div>

my puter has melted......library hours are limited due to Obama cuts, and so we don't cut any social programs, i'm limited to one hour a day....sorry !!

I got ISnipe and BulletFlight for my Iphone, they're pretty good, can make range cards and all.

Just wondering, how much stress/shock/abuse can an iphone take?
Sure they are surprisingly durable if dropped, and bouncing around in a pocket, but the forces at work on this device mounted to a rifle are probably not well tested by apple.

I'm not saying it won't survive, just thinking out loud...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: niwot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wondering, how much stress/shock/abuse can an iphone take?
Sure they are surprisingly durable if dropped, and bouncing around in a pocket, but the forces at work on this device mounted to a rifle are probably not well tested by apple.

</div></div>

I asked that same question the last time this came up ....
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...864#Post1615864

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: niwot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just wondering, how much stress/shock/abuse can an iphone take?

</div></div>
Here is my mount. This is NOT pratical all the time, but has made a huge difference in a couple of the matches. When open, it is under spring tension, so I think it gives a little during recoil, which has to help. So far so good, I have about 1000 rounds with it mounted and no issues yet. Folds flat when not in use.
PC130261.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow...if we can only get Bolt to show up.......</div></div>

my puter has melted......library hours are limited due to Obama cuts, and so we don't cut any social programs, i'm limited to one hour a day....sorry !! </div></div>

I am in Denton, if you want I would be happy to build you a computer for no money. PM me if you are interested. You buy the parts I put them together. I also take donations of 308 ammo! (joke about the ammo...)

That iphone holder looks home made, and well done. That is a nice use of AR parts there. Do you use the sear engagement of the AR hammer to keep it folded flat when not in use? That is a pretty cool mount. Nice work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ply1951guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That iphone holder looks home made, and well done. That is a nice use of AR parts there. Do you use the sear engagement of the AR hammer to keep it folded flat when not in use? That is a pretty cool mount. Nice work. </div></div>

Yessir, just ar parts and some homemade stuff. A ball detent clicks into the sear notch and locks it closed

Are you serious with that thing?! That looks like the same setup I have for my iphone in my work car!

God gave you hands for a reason..... use them. Or pockets are always a viable option. Maybe a fanny pack?
smile.gif

What are you guys using your ipods for in this regard?

Bullet Flight ballistic software...quite handy and affordable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bullet Flight ballistic software...quite handy and affordable. </div></div>

Any links to the software?

I have to wonder why. If only one load is being shot from the rifle and this is the optimal load for the rifle, a simple range data card would work so much better. JBM data output, verify at the range, make corrections, add line data for wind at 1/4, 1/2, and full value and be done with it. The money saved can then be spent actually shooting(we call this parctice) so one becomes a better marksman.

As to the mug, well I wonder how much those retired MSG's are getting paid to actuall advertise that thing. Also, it appears that anything 5.11 is just so cool it has to be had to 'be cool'. I think uncool is so much more fun and it's a hell of a lot cheaper, besides it's easier to fit in when some form of 'retired' camoflage is worn with a generic t-shirt anyway