• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

iphone shooter app update from station

TRAAV

Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
Santa Claus IN
My shooter app has stopped updating. I use to be able to go to "atmosphere from station" to update density altitude to get it close. Now when I try to do it nothing happens. The little wheel spins on the top of the screen but it never updates.

What do I have messed up?

Shooter relies on a Cellular connection, and for that connection to have a data plan. One test would be to open your browser on your phone, to ensure you can access the web. If you can, than you have the required connectivity. IF you can't reach the web, and you have cell coverage, maybe rebooting the phone will help.

Either way, try rebooting the phone. Sometimes they get flaky and a reboot refreshes everything.

Nothing to with the new release this has been going on for a couple weeks.

I have cellular connection. The rest of the phone works fine. Location, web, cell data etc. I have done a hard reset and reinstalled the app. Still not working.

I know this sounds simple and not trying to insult your intelligence, but.. When you reinstalled the app, did you go back into settings and "Enable" automatic atmosphere. I believe it defaults to off. Just a thought.

Yes I have tried it both ways. Even with that off I think you should still be able to "force" it by clicking update station. It won't work either way.

Not too high jack the thread but on the Android I have not been able to sync the app for a long time. It says "missing parameters." I email with no responses. Have you guys emailed Sean about it?

Well I guess it sounds like its a bug with the programming and not something I have jacked up.

I noticed my Android shooter would not populate the station presssure fields for over
a month now. I have been going to post about it, but have not got around to it yet.
Regardless, it is not something that happened recently, as it has not worked for weeks
now.

If possible try changing where the app plus from. I am using ballistic AE and was using noi as the station and had the same problem. I changed it to noaa and it is fixed.

One of the common points where these apps get their data changed their format and I wonder if shooter is having the same issue ballistic AE did.
I changed my app to get atmosphere from NOAA instead of NMI and it works now.
Maybe that's the issue with shooter also?

One of the common points where these apps get their data changed their format and I wonder if shooter is having the same issue ballistic AE did.
I changed my app to get atmosphere from NOAA instead of NMI and it works now.
Maybe that's the issue with shooter also?
Ideally I would purchase the Kestrel with Bluetooth, then sync it to shooter. That will give you all the data you need on the spot. I got my head bit off by the guys on the Kestrel with Horus ballistics thread. For the 600-800 bucks I can buy a lot more stuff then 10 bucks for shooter and 180 for the kestrel.

Once you true shooter it's dead on, especially with the kestrel populating all the data on shooter for you.

I am having the same problem on my android, has anyone found a solution yet.

Thanks Scott

My android shooter app works and is updating atmospheric conditions again.

I have not been able to enter any new bullet data for a .270. Everytime I get to the entering the bullets G1 or G7 BC it closes the app on my newly updates iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise. Any attempt to enter a new bullet crashes the app. I have the latest update of iOS 8.

I still can't edit bullet data. Thankfully I still have my old iPhone 5 that is still working correctly.

my atmosphere got fixed then I couldn't update bullet info. I had a update yesterday and that fixed being able to edit bullet and now my update atmosphere doesn't work again..........

Same as above...crashing got fixed, but back to the problem of atmosphere not updating. I'm sure another fix is on the way.

Last edited: