• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IR Laser Targets

I never use anything purpose made. Not that it wouldn't work, it just hasn't been a necessity. I just co-witness the laser to the day optic at the furthest distance I can (300-500 yards) shoot and fine tune. It takes me a few minutes. Fine tuning is usually done on paper targets or one of the billion Amazon boxes I get each day. Then I follow it up by banging some steel.

Thanks all for the info... I just found an old reflective road-guard safety belt ;) Will try that when the wife doesn't have other plans for me..

Why not stick an IR chemlight into a target with just the end sticking out.
Remove the bolt and get your barrel on target by looking in the bore.

Then bring the laser to below the chemlight or to the chemlight based upon distance.

You can them shoot the chemlights to validate zero.

I never use anything purpose made. Not that it wouldn't work, it just hasn't been a necessity. I just co-witness the laser to the day optic at the furthest distance I can (300-500 yards) shoot and fine tune. It takes me a few minutes. Fine tuning is usually done on paper targets or one of the billion Amazon boxes I get each day. Then I follow it up by banging some steel.
thumbs up on the day optic procedure. Usually done within in minutes

Last edited:
Anyone ever tried this stuff to zero an IR laser? Amazon.com: GTC RT6 Reflective Tape for Optical and Laser Tachometers: Automotive

GTC RT6 Reflective Tape.. says it reflects visible, laser, and IR..

Any reason it shouldn't work?

We have been using something similar for years at Telluric Group to get students zero'd, but they have a whole target developed. It is available on their site.

They currently sell them for PEQ-15, AN/PEQ-15(A), DBAL-I2 and DBAL D2. https://telluricgroup.com/proshop/sighting

It already has your offset calculated and shows where your POA/POI should be at different yards.