• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Iran to deliver a blow to global arrogance?

CoCaDoRi

revived old guy
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2001
South Central North Dakota
On the news today ( Fox ) On Feb 11th Iran to deliver a blow to global arrogance and world leaders?

Any idea what they are up to? They are crazy enough to do something stupid.

Re: Iran to deliver a blow to global arrogance?

Interesting. Maybe it'll be an act of war, and then we all can do the Bristol Stomp on Tehran. Please....

The wheels apperar to be falling off over there; internal dissent, deep recession, high energy prices, 33 years of religious nut job rule, and the normal frustrations of a society tired of the oppressive boot on it's neck...

Typical recipe for a scape goat provocation, much like the Falklands land grab when Argentina was falling on its face in '83', or the unending "blame Whitey" charges from those too lazy to pull their own pants up and defer a little gratification until they have a skill, education or a bank account!

With squandered opportunity, and in the absence of any measurable acheivment, the next step regularly accrues to some outsider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The wheels apperar to be falling off over there; internal dissent, deep recession, high energy prices, 33 years of religious nut job rule, and the normal frustrations of a society tired of the oppressive boot on it's neck...

Typical recipe for a scape goat provocation, much like the Falklands land grab when Argentina was falling on its face in '83', or the unending "blame Whitey" charges from those too lazy to pull their own pants up and defer a little gratification until they have a skill, education or a bank account!

With squandered opportunity, and in the absence of any measurable acheivment, the next step regularly accrues to some outsider.

</div></div>

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

The new season of American Idol or Dancing With the Stars is just around the corner.....

Monday, 01, Feb 2010 12:53

By Matthew Champion.

The US has moved to reassure its allies in the Gulf over a perceived threat from a belligerent Iran by deploying missile shields in four countries.

Patriot missile shields are due to be installed in Qatar, the UAE, Bahrain and Kuwait, while the White House will also keep two ships in the Gulf capable of responding to Iranian missiles.

Saudi Arabia is set to receive help in putting together a 30,000-strong force to protect its oil installations as well.

The Obama administration's multilateral, diplomatic focus on responding to Iran's nuclear programme failed to bear fruit in 2009, with the deployment of the missiles representing a clear hardening of its stance.

The move is also being seen as an attempt to reassure Israel that Washington was not blind to the threat posed by Iran.

"Our first goal is to deter the Iranians," a source told the New York Times.

"A second is to reassure the Arab states, so they don't feel they have to go nuclear themselves. But there is certainly an element of calming the Israelis as well."

Despite Barack Obama's preference for diplomacy in relations with Tehran, the US, France and Britain still take a harder line with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's regime than Russia and China.

Ahead of attempts to create a new raft of targeted sanctions against Iran's Revolutionary Guard - believed to be the driving force behind the country's uranium enrichment programme - the hawks on both sides of the Atlantic have been lent support by former UK prime minister Tony Blair, still Middle East envoy for the quartet of the US, UN, EU and Russia.

Providing evidence to the Iraq inquiry in central London on Friday he same the world faced the "same problem" with Iran this year as it did with Iraq in 2003.

"The reason why I took, and still take, a very hard line on Iran and nuclear weapons is not just because of nuclear proliferation, it is because the nature of the Iranian regime makes me even more worried about the prospect of them with a nuclear device," he argued.

He went on to say: "When I look at the way that Iran today links up with terror groups and this is a different topic for a different day, but I would say that a large part of the destabilisation in the Middle East at the present time comes from Iran.

"The link between Iran, having nuclear weapons capability, and those types of terrorist organisations, it is the combination of that that makes them particularly dangerous."

President Ahmadinejad has repeatedly insisted Iran's nuclear programme is for civilian energy projects only.

Confidential blueprints obtained by the west have strongly suggested the country is attempting to acquire parts required to construct an atomic bomb, however, while last year Tehran admitted it had built a previously-secret enrichment facility near Qom without informing the international community.

Logically (I know, its Iran) it is going to be something internal to Iran. It'd be ironic for them to discuss countering arrogance by announcing that they will do some thing (external) that can be thwarted by the West. Internal is their only area of control.

Also we have not read reports of big MIL build ups in Iran, thus they more than likely aren't going to attack anyone.

However, and here is my bet if they really intend to stun the West - an announcement that they have sold X amount of enriched radioactive material to certain turds around the world who will in turn use it against the West at a time and place of their choosing. And I further predict that the US and the international community sit on their collective hands and don't do jack about it.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Logically (I know, its Iran) it is going to be something internal to Iran. It'd be ironic for them to discuss countering arrogance by announcing that they will do some thing (external) that can be thwarted by the West. Internal is their only area of control.
</div></div>

Well damn, you might be on to something. I would add that testing a nuclear warhead inside Tehran sure would show us a thing or two about a thing or two. After all, we're not the only ones that can blow up a city. Such arrogance cannot go unchallenged I say! You go Ahmedina..,asjoia

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I further predict that the US and the international community sit on their collective hands and don't do jack about it.</div></div>

The smart money bets on this horse. At the end of the day, Israel will be forced to deal with it and we will throw them under the bus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...or the unending "blame Whitey" charges from those too lazy to pull their own pants up and defer a little gratification until they have a skill, education or a bank account!

</div></div>

Good thing that Coke went down faster than expected, it almost wound up on the screen!

Iran is sabre rattling again. If they think they have the sac to do something worthwhile they will be slapped with a little of this:

whoopassdrum.jpg

Anyone taking wages on how long it will take for the holy extremists to grab their dresses and run when the government finally topples?

I say less than 48 hours

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I further predict that the US and the international community sit on their collective hands and don't do jack about it.</div></div>

I think you're wrong. The US will demand the UN issue a strongly worded condemnation. I'm sure most members will vote in favor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I further predict that the US and the international community sit on their collective hands and don't do jack about it.</div></div>

I think you're wrong. The US will demand the UN issue a strongly worded condemnation. I'm sure most members will vote in favor.

</div></div>

But not before the hit the hashpipe or sing Kumbaya.

hmm.. blow to global arrogance huh? If i had to guess i would say perhaps an announcement of nuclear capabilities? Something along the lines of "o yea? well we can do that too!!"

I could care less if that regime ends up as a glass parking lot, but i am concerned about those American hikers still held imprisoned there, i believe 6 months now.

Time to cut the leash on Israel for a premptive strike?

Only one problem with that, Israel would have to fly through Iraqi airspace to launch a strike. Any retaliatory strike from Iran would also do the same...guess what happens next?

all i know is with our seasoned, patriotic, brooding tactician of a commander in chief that we have......... it'll be an interesting confrontation should it come to that

Iran will be a messy war. I read and article once that said Iran's people are mostly pro U.S., to the tune of the upper 60 percentile.

Looking at the way war is fought today, it will be hard to go in there and put a stomp on them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vin Roc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">all i know is with our seasoned, patriotic, brooding tactician of a commander in chief that we have......... it'll be an interesting confrontation should it come to that </div></div>

He will blame Bush and apologize to the Iranians for our arrogance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EddieNFL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And I further predict that the US and the international community sit on their collective hands and don't do jack about it.</div></div>

</div></div>

But not before the hit the hashpipe or sing Kumbaya.</div></div>

Careful now, I like Kumbayah

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iran will be a messy war. I read and article once that said Iran's people are mostly pro U.S., to the tune of the upper 60 percentile.

Looking at the way war is fought today, it will be hard to go in there and put a stomp on them. </div></div>

Depending on the ground work that has already been laid (I have to think the West was instrumental in fomenting the crowds around the time of the last election) we really don't need to go to war with Iran.

The youth are the vestige of the 8 year conflict with Iraq. In 2008, of the 66 million people in Iran 22% were under 15yrs old; only 5% were over 65; the median age is 27. The losses out of the conflict with Iraq were devastating, and likely play on their collective psyche much like WWI on Europe. They are ruled by religious zealots and a diminutive freak hell bent on their own destruction. Honestly - how hard is it to find the tipping point wherein the youth will rise up and take what they want - a modern, relatively free society that enjoys the riches of the area but is devoid of policy or practice that only lead to the further degradation of their society? In short, this time - the 'Bay of Pigs' could actually work - if the West is on top of our game.

For the West it could represent stability in the region and severe weakening of ties between Iran and Russia - on the cheap.

Good luck

ETA - I honestly believe the chances of Iran lighting up Israel are about as great as NK invading SK for a final show down. In the end it is all hat and no cattle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iran will be a messy war. I read and article once that said Iran's people are mostly pro U.S., to the tune of the upper 60 percentile.

Looking at the way war is fought today, it will be hard to go in there and put a stomp on them. </div></div>

Depending on the ground work that has already been laid (I have to think the West was instrumental in fomenting the crowds around the time of the last election) we really don't need to go to war with Iran.

The youth are the vestige of the 8 year conflict with Iraq. In 2008, of the 66 million people in Iran 22% were under 15yrs old; only 5% were over 65; the median age is 27. The losses out of the conflict with Iraq were devastating, and likely play on their collective psyche much like WWI on Europe. They are ruled by religious zealots and a diminutive freak hell bent on their own destruction. Honestly - how hard is it to find the tipping point wherein the youth will rise up and take what they want - a modern, relatively free society that enjoys the riches of the area but is devoid of policy or practice that only lead to the further degradation of their society? In short, this time - the 'Bay of Pigs' could actually work - if the West is on top of our game.

For the West it could represent stability in the region and severe weakening of ties between Iran and Russia - on the cheap.

Good luck

ETA - I honestly believe the chances of Iran lighting up Israel are about as great as NK invading SK for a final show down. In the end it is all hat and no cattle. </div></div>

A study of history will show that Iran actually did have a democratically elected government that was subsequently toppled and replaced with the Shah by the CIA (this is well documented, not a tin foil conspiracy). The Shah, being a false leader had to use a Gestapo like police to quieten those who objected to their democratic rights being trampled. Then the Shah fell out of favor with the West and so Khomeini was brought in. What was meant to be a quiet 'Pope' figure who cared nothing for world politics turned into a Class A loon and pain in the ass for the West. I'd say the Western governments haven't been on top of their game - ever - in regards to the Middle East and are best left out of it.

The main influence on Iran that is detrimental to the US is not Russia, but China. If you look at the balance of trade and the nature of Trade agreements especially around guaranteed supplies of oil, then China is what we need to ween Iran away from. Russia does what it does just to have a toe in the water of politics in the region - especially as it's own reserves are dwindling and increasing in cost to extract.

China is this country's greatest threat - economically, politically and inevitably...

I don't think we should down play the "crazy" factor with the leadership of Iran. Remember, these are the people who view the suicide vest as a viable weapon. I don't think it is unreasonable to consider that they will sacrifice themselves in order to bring Israel/West into a fight. A national suicide vest, if you will.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iran will be a messy war. I read and article once that said Iran's people are mostly pro U.S., to the tune of the upper 60 percentile.

Actually if we just grant them our second ammendment via air drops it seeems they would probably take care of the problem on their own. As it is, they are the perfect talking point for gun rights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think we should down play the "crazy" factor with the leadership of Iran. Remember, these are the people who view the suicide vest as a viable weapon. I don't think it is unreasonable to consider that they will sacrifice themselves in order to bring Israel/West into a fight. A national suicide vest, if you will. </div></div>

I think you're over-estimating the crazy factor. The Iranian govt - NOT to be confused with the Iranian people - are very much vested in their own survival. As much as our own political leaders are self-interested, so are theirs. They're happy for Palestinians, Jordanians, Syrians and others to put on suicide vests, but you don't see too many mullahs blowing themselves to bits (more's the pity). This is just talk. At most it's a pre-text to another missile test firing to show others they can do it.

No-one in ill-gotten power has ever shown a keen interest in divesting themselves of it quickly or voluntarily.

I see Euros as the main currency exchange for oil exports. This will further drive US inflation through the roof. Also blocking the the main channel will also cripple the world of oil and supply thus shutting down industry. Long lines for gas and goods, hyper inflation ect

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The main influence on Iran that is detrimental to the US is not Russia, but China. If you look at the balance of trade and the nature of Trade agreements especially around guaranteed supplies of oil, then China is what we need to ween Iran away from. Russia does what it does just to have a toe in the water of politics in the region - especially as it's own reserves are dwindling and increasing in cost to extract.
</div></div>

Not really true. The type of trade and relationship is key.

From <span style="font-style: italic">Foreign Policy Blogs Link

It will be a hard job to convince Russians to let go of their most dependent trading partner. Iran has come to rely on Russia to acquire military weapons. Russia has sold and now delivered to Iran (January 2007) 30 anti-aircraft missile systems (Tor M1), worth over $1 billion. (For more details on Iran-Russia Arms Trade, here is a CFR backgrounder).

Iran also relies on Russia for its energy needs. Lukoil, a Russian company, is a major provider of gasoline to Iran. Moreover, as reported in the CRS report, Iran’s Economic Conditions: U.S. Policy Issues, in February 2008, Russian state gas company Gazprom announced a deal to establish a joint venture company to develop the offshore Iranian South Pars gas field. In March 2009, Gazprom and the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) reportedly concluded a hydrocarbon swap agreement under which Gazprom agreed to deliver Turkmen gas to Iran in exchange for gas and petroleum products from Iran.

Iranian imports from Russia more than tripled from 2000 to 2007 and registered at about $3 million in 2007. </span>

Council on Foreign Relations - Russian / Iran Arms Trade

Chinese v Russian Arms Sales To Iran

Good luck

your research is old. Iran is going to be using Chinese expertise to build it's own refineries so that it can move away from Russian reliance. In exchange, China get assured supplies of crude. It's not what going on right now, it's what is being planned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Koganinja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see Euros as the main currency exchange for oil exports. This will further drive US inflation through the roof. Also blocking the the main channel will also cripple the world of oil and supply thus shutting down industry. Long lines for gas and goods, hyper inflation ect </div></div>

Getting away from the dollar as the benchmark has been long discussed but it will require substantive changes to our econ (severe devaluation) in order to bring this about.

I doubt they would go to a single currency such as the Euro but more likely a basket of currencies. Furthermore if the UN / One Worlder Types get a say in it, it will based on the value of Special Drawing Rights through the IMF.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">your research is old. Iran is going to be using Chinese expertise to build it's own refineries so that it can move away from Russian reliance. In exchange, China get assured supplies of crude. It's not what going on right now, it's what is being planned.

</div></div>

You are correct - Iran wants 7 new refineries to the tune of $12B, China will invest @ $6.5B.

Good luck

The only thing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is going to blow is his boyfriend.

Maybe their first nuke test? Too bad you can't put the genie back in the bottle.

as Newt G. said - "Iran wants a nuke and they will use it"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I further predict that the US and the international community sit on their collective hands and don't do jack about it.</div></div>

The smart money bets on this horse. At the end of the day, Israel will be forced to deal with it and we will throw them under the bus. </div></div>

You are correct - history shows that we have a lib eral democrat in office, aka "Spineless jellyfish" - Iran knows this. THey knew it in 1978 too.

They also know that we won't do anything without CLEAR AND CONCISE PROOF of their clandestine operation - and that aint' happening.

Since the "No WMD in Iraq" nobody wants to make a fool of themselves after yelling at GW for 8 years.

So consequently Israel will have to do this on their own, the prospect of Iran obtaining 1, 5, or even 10 nukes is downright SCARY.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Koganinja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see Euros as the main currency exchange for oil exports. This will further drive US inflation through the roof. Also blocking the the main channel will also cripple the world of oil and supply thus shutting down industry. Long lines for gas and goods, hyper inflation ect </div></div>

You speak as if this is a bad thing...

Our dollar value is shit - we have only ourselves to blame - all of the mortgage companies were ranking up loans to sell to china, created and popped a bubble.

We are 50cents on the dollar to the Euro - if you had oil and could get twice the value you SHOULD!!

It would also slow us down, Iran and some countries see us as arrogant.

So once this happens gas shoots to $5 a gallon and we stop buying it, and then they devalue the euro, the dollar raises and voila.

What's wrong with that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Since the "No WMD in Iraq" <span style="font-weight: bold">nobody</span> wants to make a fool of themselves after yelling at GW for 8 years.</div></div>
Can't you just leave Nobody out of it? Here's a guy that likes to break in barrels and hunt and fish, and take pictures and start fights with people on the internet that buy expensive rifles but have no meat to show for it, and everyone wants to blame him for international policy issues...

Perhaps Mr. Imadinnajacket is harboring a fart in a bottle...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This says it all...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1122 </div></div>

As long as the massive deficit, high unemployment, and ridiculous gas prices are around, he hasn't really gone anywhere.
Miss him like a lanced boil.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AverageJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This says it all...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1122 </div></div>

As long as the massive deficit, high unemployment, and ridiculous gas prices are around, he hasn't really gone anywhere.
Miss him like a lanced boil. </div></div>

All three?...I hear the meat ration has been increased yet again in Cuba. 50th consecutive year of improvement.

Got it from the same source as you-Horseshit illustrated!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't that the day before the Olympics start?

Any thing to do with that? </div></div>

Maybe they want to announce that they are sending a national bobsled team to the Olympics. Could happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

All three?...</div></div>

That's just the top three.
It's nowhere near the entire list.

WTF does Cuba has to do with anything?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF does Cuba has to do with anything? </div></div>

Cuba's horseshit is more credible than yours
wink.gif

Talk to the hand! You know, the one with the notes scribbled on it.
smirk.gif

Those are my pleasure instructions. You notice she's following them. Guess how she wipes them off
laugh.gif

I hope we can still bust chops tomorrow...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DaveV</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mo_Zam_Beek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I further predict that the US and the international community sit on their collective hands and don't do jack about it.</div></div>

The smart money bets on this horse. At the end of the day, Israel will be forced to deal with it and we will throw them under the bus.</div></div>

Its sad that we do this to Israel, the current US foreign policy has been nothing short of terrible for them. And yes the internation community will likely do nothing but "get all passive aggressive on their ass".