• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision iRay battery life?

Gilly

On Target
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2009
Coloarado
Had a chance to try out an iRay and seems to be a good unit so far but last night it wouldn’t seem to stay powered up for more than a couple minutes with a new battery in it. It was cold, in the 29-30° range and battery was cold to start with sitting in my garage on a shelf. My question is how do these units do on battery overall in colder conditions? Most of the use I would have for this would be in at least that cold if not colder conditions? Maybe I’m doing something wrong or using wrong type of battery? I’m going back out tonight to try it out and see if I have better luck.

I highly recommend a power pack like an anker 10,000 mah. Thermals eat lithium batteries for lunch especially in the cold. A pack would last you all night and then some.

With the rechargeable battery that comes with I am getting over one hour of continuous use. With the battery extension and two of the rechargeable batteries around 3hrs depending on how bright I have the settings.

Reactions: Bevo
So I tried it again with a battery pack and the usb c cable and stayed out much longer on a colder night with good success. The unit was very cold to the touch and never powered off. I think you could run for hours on a good battery pack. Thanks for the tip will save some money over a bunch of batteries!!! Image on this thing is pretty awesome!

Reactions: LFOD1776