• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IRay RH25 Micro video/picture thread

Just received my Pfalcon640 yesterday. 0117 firmware.

First impressions: Definitely a nice unit. Menus takes a bit to get used to. These units needs a click joypad control.
I mostly played around in helmet mode bridged with a PVS14 on the clone KAC KVC.
Definitely heavy, had to use all my weights (1.2 lbs) in my counterweight pouch to balance it properly.
I'll swap my Wilcox shroud for a Cadex chip to drop a little bit of weight and bring the unit closer to my head.

I was able to run PVS14 RH and RH25 LH with both units as close together as possible. The RH25 is just a wee bit too forward for proper eye relief but that will be resolved with @javemtr SBR dovetail.

I was able to collimate the image somewhat but the issue is that in helmet mode you can collimate at say 300yards, it'll be a little bit off at 50 yards. I can see how it can messes with people's mind but it still is perfectly usable. I'm used to walk around with an Aurora bridged with a Hikvision handheld scanner so my brain is used to merging 2 different pictures.

My main complaint is that you can't use the pixel offsets/collimation in helmet mode with the low-latency mode. Not sure if it's a software limitation or if it'll get fixed in the future which is unfortunate because the low latency mode is very very nice. Hard to explain but when you're in helmet mode with the offsets enabled in default mode, because of the refresh rate of the unit doesn't match the PVS14, it causes some micro-shifting when you move around and it's a bit annoying. That being said, I captured a family of deer crossing the road 100y ahead of me and couldn't see shit through the PVS14 (very dark night, no moon, overcast skies).
The pros of running the dual band definitely outweighs the cons but if I'm moving quickly or biking, I tend to leave the RH25 out of my way and put it back when I'm scanning or walking slowly. I did turn the screen brightness to it's minimum which helps blending with the -14

Laser is very very nice but I wish it would be IR rather than green.

Clip-on mode is nice, tried in front of a Leupold 1-6 and a Athlon 1-10 ETR and both were excellent. Didn't like it in front of the TA33 acog. My plan is mostly to use it as a scanner anyways but in a pinch it'd be nice to use on a wilcox FTS.

I'll try it at the range next week and compared the clip on performance with a dedicated WMT (Bolt TH50v2) on paper at 100y and on steels at 300.

Maybe I suck at using the search feature and couldn’t find it, but what height of scope mount is being used when the RH25 is used as a clip on in a Wilcox FTS mount?

Having trouble with it as a clip on. The adjustments make huge changes in my POI. I'm just chasing it. Any tips?

Having trouble with it as a clip on. The adjustments make huge changes in my POI. I'm just chasing it. Any tips?

Did you set the RH25 eye piece to infinity (two white dots lined up) ?

I'm on paper just at little low and left then i move one click x and y and I'm high and right
That might sound like a stupid question but are you sure you’re in clip on mode and not weapon mode ?

I am but as confusing as the menus are it's not a dumb question!

I think i may have figured it out. I kept playing with the focus while i was shooting and i just learned that doing that changes the point of impact. I tested it and you can see the reticle move. Im going to set it to infinity and try again. I may add some witness marks.

I am but as confusing as the menus are it's not a dumb question!

I think i may have figured it out. I kept playing with the focus while i was shooting and i just learned that doing that changes the point of impact. I tested it and you can see the reticle move. Im going to set it to infinity and try again. I may add some witness marks.
That could be your problem right there. In clip-on mode you shouldn’t see the RH25 reticle (at least on my firmware) and you should see clip on on the top left if you have a true 1x lpvo. If you don’t then take the RH25 off the mount and make sure it’s in clip on mode before re attaching it.
You can long press on menu button to switch working mode l, you’ll see clip on mode written on the top left.
Then you use the screen offsets to adjust as required (long press power + menu)
Not sure why they made it complicated like that but then you can write down your offsets on your phone or something and be able to switch from different guns or to your helmet.

Or maybe I misread your post and you already did all that

No I've got it in clip on mode. What I'm saying is that changing the focus moves the day optic reticle. Strange that it does that but it does.

I'm on paper just at little low and left then i move one click x and y and I'm high and right
Don't rememmber where I read it but one "number" change in X and Y changes move POI .59" at 50 yards so it's pretty drastic.

Yeah i just read that in the manual. It's over an inch at 100 yds. I'm shooting 100 m so even more. I think the coarse adjustment along with my playing with the focus is the problem. When it stops raining I'll try again. If you don't believe me about the focus try it. Aim at something and turn the rh25 focus ring.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Yeah i just read that in the manual. It's over an inch at 100 yds. I'm shooting 100 m so even more. I think the coarse adjustment along with my playing with the focus is the problem. When it stops raining I'll try again. If you don't believe me about the focus try it. Aim at something and turn the rh25 focus ring.
I believe you, I've seen reports of shifting POI when changing magnification as well.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Hi, everyone!
Question: have any idea where I can get the latest 0117 firmware?

Also, can you tell me if they have corrected the bug of all RH25\Pfalcon 640+ in it, when with auto-calibration disabled, the calibration curtain still worked with different frequency?
Everything in these device is perfect except these stupid calibration delays that cannot be disabled (because calibration is already disabled).

Hi, everyone!
Question: have any idea where I can get the latest 0117 firmware?

Also, can you tell me if they have corrected the bug of all RH25\Pfalcon 640+ in it, when with auto-calibration disabled, the calibration curtain still worked with different frequency?
Everything in these device is perfect except these stupid calibration delays that cannot be disabled (because calibration is already disabled).
No and also no lol

I focused the rh25 to infinity and got it collimated / zeroed. I put witness marks on the front focus so I'll just line up the marks on the diopter and the marks i put on the focus ring anytime i use it as a clip on.

Had to use -17/12 for a 40y zero.
Wasn't even close to being on paper so I put a green laser and use that to find an offset that was close enough.
That seems like quite a bit.

Had to use -17/12 for a 40y zero.
Wasn't even close to being on paper so I put a green laser and use that to find an offset that was close enough.
That seems like quite a bit.
Depending on rifle, scope, mount, ect. I've had to use various "zero's". I wouldn't sweat it.

Fore/aft alignment will obviously be the same. The primary issue with the RH25 in front of the left eye is the wide side of the RH25 body will limit how close you can adjust the two devices together. Depending on how far your eyes are apart, you may be able to set it up correctly without having the RH25 and PVS-14 bodies touching.
If you need them closer together, you would need that crazy iRay Obverse Micro Helmet Shoe that positions the RH25 right side up. That way the wide side of the RH25 body is sticking out to the left side.
Any chance you will be making a version of the SBR that is obverse like the iray product? No such product is available outside the US..

Had my smith mill down the ADM rail to fit the Wilcox FTS. Not gonna lie, sitting behind the NGAL, on top of a URX 4 my e-peen grew another 1/2in …

I’ll still buy javemtr rail when it’s in production…

Last edited: