• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision iRay Rico G LRF or Super Yoter LRF

alf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2007
S W Wis.
Getting down to crunch time, and I need to replace the Super Hogster I sold earlier this year.

In the past, I hadn't considered LRF a necessity, but there's been times it certainly could have been handy.

With Bering f'ing the dog getting their Super Yoter LRF out, I've started looking at the iRay Rico.

What's the skinny on the head to head betwixt the two?

That's the price point my budget taps out.

TIA.

The Bering LRF is out. Night Goggles received our entire pre-order plus all the units we sold since the pre-order. They are either in our customer's hands or on the way to our customers. I haven't used the Rico personally, but have recently tested the Nvision XRF, Pulsar Thermion XG50 LRF, and 2 PARD LRFs. The Bering comes out on top or near the top in virtually every category that I tested. The one thing some people want to complain about is the use of AAs as an internal battery source. Bering includes 4 very good EBL rechargeables and a charger. The internal batteries are a backup source for me as I use an external battery anyway. Their new magnetic USB connection is awesome, and it doesn't detach unless you want it to. The range of the Bering LRF is very strong with larger objects ranging consistently to 1300 yards, smaller objects at around 1100 yards, and readings up to 900 yards on totally flat ground with no object.

Improvements over the existing Super Yoter:
* 1300 Yard LRF (can be left or right hand mounted - by Bering)
* Improved Image Quality
* Customizable Reticle (You create the # of subtension - dots or crosses, size of the subtensions and distance between each)
* Metall Alloy Housing
* 4 buttons vs 3
* Magnetic USB connection for power and data
* Improved video quality with 5-minute videos and included audio (Audio is a bit low on volume)
* Stepped zoom all the way from 3-24x plus incremental .5x zoom
* Zoom forward and back
* 4 Gun Profiles and 3 distance profiles per gun
* Additional Target Hot Background

I believe at this point I have tested 7 of the Bering Super Hogster and Super Yoter LRFs during different stages of their maturation. I have spent more time behind them than most likely anyone on the planet. If you have any questions, please let me know. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the Rico.

Last edited:
This was an early prototype, and the image has improved a lot since this version.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
The Bering LRF is out. Night Goggles received our entire pre-order plus all the units we sold since the pre-order. They are either in our customer's hands or on the way to our customers. I haven't used the Rico personally, but have recently tested the Nvision XRF, Pulsar Thermion XG50 LRF, and 2 PARD LRFs. The Bering comes out on top or near the top in virtually every category that I tested. The one thing some people want to complain about is the use of AAs as an internal battery source. Bering includes 4 very good EBL rechargeables and a charger. The internal batteries are a backup source for me as I use an external battery anyway. Their new magnetic USB connection is awesome, and it doesn't detach unless you want it to. The range of the Bering LRF is very strong with larger objects ranging consistently to 1300 yards, smaller objects at around 1100 yards, and readings up to 900 yards on totally flat ground with no object.

* 1300 Yard LRF (can left or right hand mounted - by Bering)
* Improved Image Quality
* Customizable Reticle (You create the # of subtension - dots or crosses, size of the subtensions and distance between each)
* Metall Alloy Housing
* 4 buttons vs 3
* Improved video quality with 5-minute videos and included audio (Audio is a bit low on volume)
* Zoom forward and back

I believe at this point I have tested 7 of the Bering Super Hogster and Super Yoter LRFs during different stages of their maturation. I have spent more time behind them than most likely anyone on the planet. If you have any questions, please let me know. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the Rico.
Do you have these on hand right now? I haven’t seen anything release yet.

Do you have these on hand right now? I haven’t seen anything release yet.
Too many people want them to have them in-stock at this time. All orders taken as of around 1-week ago have their product. We should be getting another shipment in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't wait for it to be in-stock as there are a lot of people waiting for these. Simply call 909-312-5424 and tell them you are a Hide member to get a discount and free shipping. Night Goggles provides a 7-day try-it guarantee. If you aren't happy with the purchase, we will refund your purchase or apply the money towards a different product.

* 1300 Yard LRF (can be left or right hand mounted - by Bering)
* Improved Image Quality
* Metall Alloy Housing
* 4 buttons vs 3
* Zoom forward and back

Thanks Kirsch, I was well aware of the SY LRF details. I was hoping that there's been an actual hand's on comparison done with the SY vs iRay, knowing it was a long shot with the SY being slow rolled.

I was actually kinda glad to see the AA battery setup, as I have a butt load of lithiums for the Foxpro I can use. I'm setup for external as well, so I'm set either way.