• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Iron sights on ruger rpr 22 need advice

Simonsza1

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
Did a search and didn’t get any info and blasted through the 33 pages in the rpr thread but nothing. Question is i need to know what it takes to get a front iron sight on the rpr where it will work and line up with a rear. Anyone been down this road already? I know mounting it to the rail is out of the question. If someone has something they’ve already used that worked without going through a bunch of crap let me know. Thanks

The hand guard is to wonky to put a sight on imo. Feel like it would have to go on Barrel hoping someone already crossed this bridge and has a good route to take.

A different barrel is the only real way, or machine a dovetail into stock barrel. Why is the question?

So, I found this post from a guy that put irons on his Ruger Precision Rimfire. You'll probably have to replace the base with a 0 MOA one to make it work with the sights but he seems pretty satisfied with the end result. He didn't provide links to what he used but I believe he used the parts below. Good luck.

Reactions: ZG47A
I understand the predicament here , it seems the front picatinny and M-LOK are just not on the correct planes and the factory action picatinny is 30 MOA maybe.
I just read the OP from thefirearmsforum referenced above and he said the M-LOK handguard on a precision rifle flexes too much to put a front sight on ?!? WTF 😂 Maybe I/m missing something.

Have you grabbed the hand guard out front on a ruger rpr 22lr? Clearly you haven’t cause if you stuck a front sight out on the end and don’t think there will be point of impact shift depending on what the rail is resting on or certain positional shooting then your confused or unfamiliar with the rpr 22lr. Wtf

I have a 0moa rail m lock ar sights
also have the other sights also will give it a range test

Obviously the rear is gtg but the front out on the end of that hand guard i just feel like there’s way to much movement. Some of my ar rails it could probably work but not the rpr rimfire imo

I figure it might give me something to try .
Retirement is fun if you make it
If you want a excelient open sight get a ainechuitz

Ya let me know how it goes for you but I think there is just to much movement to get any real consistency

Reactions: mrt949
You could have a muzzle brake made with accommodations for a front sight petty cheap.

You could have a muzzle brake made with accommodations for a front sight petty cheap.
That sounds like a idea. I never answered you where you asked why the question. I just set up a running style biathlon course on our land with 22 spinners. It’s mainly on an existing exercise route my wife and I run. Using optics is kinda lame so wanted to get some irons on our rpr rimfires. Have a couple sets of irons laying around that came with some m&p ar22s we have that I could use. This is just to spice up the exercise route if we go do anything else the optics would go back on.

Reactions: motorcycleboy
Ya let me know how it goes for you but I think there is just to much movement to get any real consistency
Tried with sights with O MOA Front mounted on hand guard with M LOCK NOT To good off bag . But worked off hand go figure .could hit a 4" swinger at 50 meters

Moved poi a little when resting hand guard on something? That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks for trying

Moved poi a little when resting hand guard on something? That’s what I was afraid of. Thanks for trying
That 's what i figured next shotgun front sight and rear sight made by utg

Mounted the UTG Sights on the rprr .
Having a difficult time seeing the sights
Anyone have any hints

Thanks for trying stuff. I’ve pretty much abandoned the idea for now doesn’t seem to be a good solution that’s not kind of a pain. Just sticking with optics I guess. Also looking for hints

Thanks for trying stuff. I’ve pretty much abandoned the idea for now doesn’t seem to be a good solution that’s not kind of a pain. Just sticking with optics I guess. Also looking for hints
Went back it a scope .Nothing ventured nothing gained L.O.L.

Reactions: Simonsza1
I OPENER UP THE HOLE TO.094 IN THE REAR SIGHT IT WORKED FOR ME

Did a search and didn’t get any info and blasted through the 33 pages in the rpr thread but nothing. Question is i need to know what it takes to get a front iron sight on the rpr where it will work and line up with a rear. Anyone been down this road already? I know mounting it to the rail is out of the question. If someone has something they’ve already used that worked without going through a bunch of crap let me know. Thanks

Was this the rifle you saw?

Attachments

• BF519004-7469-4A96-998C-63810BE57F29.jpeg
    BF519004-7469-4A96-998C-63810BE57F29.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 232
If your asking me by quoting my post I don’t believe I ever said I saw one with sights. If it helps you I did not go with irons just continue to use with an optic.

If your asking me by quoting my post I don’t believe I ever said I saw one with sights. If it helps you I did not go with irons just continue to use with an optic.
The pic I posted is of mine. If you are interested in going to iron sights I can explain how I got it set up.

Gotcha, thanks for offering but just going to stick with optics.

I went down this path with one of my AR22s. Ended up with a Lipski barrel band style front base, a Lipski flat top rear sight base and Lyman MJT sights. I wanted "Match-style" sights without the "match price". This setup works great. I have optics on several other AR22s but wanted one with iron sights so I don't lose that skill. The barrel band sight base is actually offered in a couple different IDs but I got the largest one at 0.920" and had my brother make a split bushing to match the OD of the barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2056.jpg
    IMG_2056.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2057.jpg
    IMG_2057.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: Simonsza1