• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Precision Rifle Gear Is Aadland still in business?

Rockfish Dave

Sergeant
Banned !
Aug 4, 2008
Columbia Falls, MT USA
Looking to buy some items from Aadland. When I checked the website, everything that I checked is out of stock. I've sent questions to them, and have not received a response.

If anyone could provide an update it would be appreciated, as it would let me know if I should be focusing my efforts elsewhere.

Thanks.

Somewhere on the site I think it says to just order whatever you want even if it's backordered (most of it is), and they will make them and have them to you within a couple of weeks. Jon can be slow to answer general emails, but USPS lost my covers for the whole month of December and when I emailed him about THAT he was quick to respond and said he would replace them if they didn't show up. I had put in a "lost item" report with USPS and told him I'd wait to hear what USPS could find before I would ask him to replace them. He said he'd go ahead and make a new set anyway so they'd be ready to go if they never found the original shipment. They did end up finding them so I didn't have to re-order, but he had another set waiting for me if they were needed. This was a month ago when they finally arrived, but he shipped them in early December, right on the timeline he said he would.

Bottom line - just order what you want and he'll make them and get them to you in a couple of weeks or less (USPS screwups not withstanding).

Great caps. Place your order and patiently wait. They will show up in a few weeks.

Thank you for your responses. Unfortunately the scopes I have are not listed on his website, hence me sending a communication to him.

I will stand by, per your responses it sounds like he is still in business...

Last edited:
He’s in business. If you’re emailing him about covers for a scope he doesn’t have listed, try putting the scope make and model in the subject line. If that fails (which it did for me), measure your scope objective bell and eyepiece, and then spend a few hours researching the dimensions of scopes he has listed. Find one that’s really close and order that model. That’s what worked for me.

Maybe the mods could start a sticky for scopes and Aadland scope cover models - like the Butler Creek cap thread

I got a set from him in Dec, and like others have said, the communication wasn’t the best, and I was wondering about it, and bam, they show up in the mail and fit like a champ.

Some items I ordered a month ago just shipped, but not a response on my product questions... I hope all is well with them over there, as this does not seem to be in sync with my past experiences...

I called him once and he answered. I asked if he was planning on making scope caps for the Steiner M7Xi. He said he would have them on his website in 2 weeks, it's been a few months and there's still nothing new on his site. Hopefully everything is good with him.

He makes an excellent product, my only gripe is I don't like the release lever on the ocular cap. When carrying a rifle slung, it snags on stuff and pops the ocular cap open.

The other option is MK Machining.
I have caps in the mail for my Tract scope. I'll be able to compare to the Aadlands.

Absolutely have bought caps and throw levers from him for several rifles within last couple of months.