• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing is anyone making barrels for a handy rifle?

565fitter

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
Washington, WV
I have been thinking of getting a handy rifle in either 22-250 or possibly trying the 22 creedmoor or just getting it to match my new 6.5cm since I have plenty of ammo and dies already.

I want to make it short and threaded for a suppressor

Depending on the model and serial number, H&R will fit new barrels to your action. Their website has the info on which actions they will fit new barrels to, and the caliber options. I don't think they do custom requests, but 22-250 might be one of the options, don't know. I don't think a threaded muzzle will be an option from them, but most smiths should be able to do that as a custom job. You might be able to get a barrel fitted that would have the correct bore size and have someone rechamber it if there is enough meat around the chamber.....but there won't be any custom twist options. My recollection is it only costs around $100 to get a new barrel (including the fitting).

I have been thinking of getting a handy rifle in either 22-250 or possibly trying the 22 creedmoor or just getting it to match my new 6.5cm since I have plenty of ammo and dies already.

I want to make it short and threaded for a suppressor

Can you load any of those to subsonic? Or do you not care about that?

Ok good, cause that's "Neva been dun befoe"

ahh I left that open. what I meant to say was i'm not going for say .300black ss quiet. this is going to be a truck/varmint rifle. the smaller the better. after I saw a thread in the hunting section of a guy with a handy rifle with an ar15 style collapsible stock, it got the wheels turning.

10-4

there was an SBR'd bolt gun in there a while back. I think it was a 308 Rem700 that was suppressed. In the pic it was riding on the dash. Pretty cool rig.

That was my first idea, a sbr r700. But a handy rifle would cut 3-4inches off that because there is no bolt