• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

is anyone running a DAA Magnetic Powder check when loading .223?

upjeeper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2005
Madison, WI
is anyone running a DAA Magnetic Powder checker when loading .223? the website says these things work for .223 and bigger, but the brass shoe on the powder check rod doesn't fit into the case and they only gave me one

it's a neat idea, but so far not impressed

is anyone running a DAA Magnetic Powder checker when loading .223? the website says these things work for .223 and bigger, but the brass shoe on the powder check rod doesn't fit into the case and they only gave me one

it's a neat idea, but so far not impressed
Not what you asked but I figured I'd let you know my opinion on these, I run one on my Dillon 750, I only have one and use it on my 45 tool head.

I like the idea of it but I've found it's very picky/finicky, I use titegroup 90 percent of the time which meters exceptionally well. The powder check will still either be over or under by a small margin, I've adjusted it to try and compensate for this but it's so annoying I'll probably change it out to a hornady cop, I have several of the Hornadys and have had no issues.

I've been looking at these and the Dillion powder check die.. My use would be for 223 and eventually pistol.

taken from the user manual...
When using for rifle, simply replace the plunger, and assemble the steel rod upside down, using the end without the brass shoe to enter into the small case mouth. Parts included make this suitable to use with all pistol ammo (9mm and up) and for rifle from .223 and larger.