• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is anyone running a March FX?

Re: Is anyone running a March FX?

just bought one today!
been rockin a March sfp 5-50.
wanted to try ffp.
will be selling the 5-50...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are your opinions on it? </div></div>
I love the four models MARCH:
-1x-10x tac.SFP MML milrad;
-3x-24x-FFP FML-1 milrad;
-5x-40x-FFP FML-1 milrad;
-8x-80x tac.SFP MML 1/2milrad or 1/8MOA.

I don't own one but have been behind a friends FX a few times while doing load work and testing dope at distance.

It's a very good scope and getting close to my idea of what a perfect scope encompasses. One of the few expensive scopes I've looked through that has that image pop and WOW factor. Although I didn't compare side to side with S&B I was able to compare to Hensoldt FFP, Bushnell HDMR and NF F1. I liked the FX better and it's still bright at 40x.

The few things I would have preferred are .1 mil adjustments and 10 mil knobs.

The highlights for me were...

The designers listened and made the reticle the right size. .04 mil line thickness. Every other mil line is numbered as well.

I'm not a fan of tall turrets. In fact I consider these low profile wideish knobs to be "the" perfect size.

Why didn't any of the other scope manufacturers think of this type of zero stop? It's such a simple no nonsense design I was pleasantly surprised.

10Y parallax focus YAY!!!! I think it's downright stupid other scope companies aren't doing this. Like my friend always says... complaining is free and I complain freely,lol.

It's not a freakishly large and heavy scope, YAY!, about the size of a NF 5.5-22.

Me..If it had the .1/10 mil knobs I'd get one.

I had one of the low power version, 3x24. Unfortunately it was stolen along with the rifle it was bolted to. I liked it, very user friendly, I liked the lower set elevation knob, clicks were distinct, very light weight and good glass. Only two negatives, floating dot not connected crosshair and the lines were a little chunky at higher power, and a little less light gathering than my larger NF scopes. If they fixed the reticle I'd probly get another.

Buy one and find out. Return it when you're done "looking" through it without mounting it.

I'm considering selling my Premier 5-25 and getting one as I do like the option of having the higher 40x power when I want it. Has anyone compared it next to a Premier? As far as I'm concerned my Premier is as perfect optically as any scope I've ever looked through, I daresay I even like it more than my Hensoldt but having that top end really makes me want one.

I hear you can take great photos of the moon through the March.... something to consider

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bth87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear you can take great photos of the moon through the March.... something to consider </div></div>

i have both the march 3-24 and 5-40x and love them.

but i got a celestron c5 for a spotting scope and it takes better pictures of the moon than either scope.

though i am using a simple manfrotto tripod instead of the unit pictured below..

602-1.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tolnep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bth87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear you can take great photos of the moon through the March.... something to consider </div></div>

but i got a celestron c5 for a spotting scope and it takes better pictures of the moon than either scope.

though i am using a simple manfrotto tripod instead of the unit pictured below..

602-1.JPG
</div></div>

Hmmm at least someone else likes looking at the stars and not only targets.... if indeed that is your setup and not a pic you pulled off astromart..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tolnep</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bth87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear you can take great photos of the moon through the March.... something to consider </div></div>

602-1.JPG
</div></div>

Hmmm at least someone else likes looking at the stars and not only targets.... if indeed that is your setup and not a pic you pulled off astromart.. </div></div>

that is not my setup, my setup is a celestron c5 on a manfrotto Manfrotto MA055XPROB with Aluminum black legs (not carbon fiber).

i dont have the star gazing track tripod but i do have the telescope. and yes thats a stock picture i grabbed off the interwebs as an example..

I've got the 3x24x42 FFP and the only scope that might replace it is the 5-40. Love the finer lines and click, but it is "so huge" compared to the nimble 3x24x42.

The extra light gathering and magnification is a nice plus but currently no necessity fot me.

I have had one for about 6months. I love it the only thing that I might want is .1 mil 10 mil turrent vs the .05mil 5mil ones

Just bought a FX 5X40 yesterday and the F 3X24 today. The 5X40 going on my MRAD and the F 3X24 on my RWS Rem 308. Should have them both in the next 2 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sib1948</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bought a FX 5X40 yesterday and the F 3X24 today. The 5X40 going on my MRAD and the F 3X24 on my RWS Rem 308. Should have them both in the next 2 weeks. </div></div>
cant wait to hear what they look like, have you had any other high end scopes that you can compare them to?

Check out the review by fireguyty in this section dated 02/14/12 on the March F 3X24 scope. Great review.

After countless hours of research, decided on the March 3X24 and 5X40 scopes, since they both had the same reticle and features-FFP, mil/mil, zero stop-you get the idea.

While SB, NF, USO and other high end scopes are of high quality, no doubt, the multiple options are almost impossible to reconcile. Once you finally decide the combination of features you want, the build can be many months. Trying to find one you might want used is almost impossible. Prices are usually considerably higher than what March offers.

I feel the March features are what most people are looking for. They're also smaller and lighter. Reviews have been great and I understand from articles that they are showing up at most competitions.

Hopefully I'm correct, but if not should have no problem selling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm considering selling my Premier 5-25 and getting one</div></div>

Didn't see that one coming one bit.....

At least you did mount the Premier for a short time....

Forgive me for asking, but where can I buy one of these March scopes? They sound like the way to go for LR shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abooboo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forgive me for asking, but where can I buy one of these March scopes? They sound like the way to go for LR shooting. </div></div>

http://www.kelbly.com/

the only place in the US.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just bought one today!
been rockin a March sfp 5-50.
wanted to try ffp.
will be selling the 5-50...</div></div>

Curious if you have sold your 5-50?

Just wondering if those of you that have purchased a March have had to pay full retail?
I received info today from Jim Kelbly on retail pricing that lists the 3-24x42 @ 2850.00 and 3400.00 for the 5-40x56 - both illuminated.

leoniru