• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Black Death coming to a town near you ?

:) As long as I get S&B scopes, AI rifles everyday from it, and perhaps a disease or two once every 30 years, YES, it is wonderful!
I forgot mangos and bananas in a non-tropical country in the middle of the winter.

Dont forget all the good dope and 3rd-world whores you could ever need if you look in the right places. I dont think Ill make it much past about 40y/o anyway, may as well do what I can while I can.

Main thing Im wondering though, can you still get ebola with a condom? What happens if I knock up an ebola zombie? I reckon that probably wouldnt turn out so well?

I know you guys are gonna laugh. I mean some of you have thought of every conceivable possibility and still fall back on our cutting edge medicine.
I have worked in the wastewater industry for over 28 years. If you count my time working with my father snaking out sewer services...well over 30yrs.

You better be worried about it getting in a sewer system....oops...too late. One of my responsibilities is studying the flora and fauna of a wastewater plant under a microscope. I am the go to guy and run evaluations every week. I have been in "IT" from the ditch, to the manhole, to the lab. Boys this thing will eventually be the monster that rose from the sewer. Yeah...I know I sound retarded, I can asure you I am almost as educated on bacteria and bugs as a doctor.

They are telling you that it lives outside the body one or two days. You may not know this, but that is exactly what they said about Hep B. Later they said mmmmwell...um it is viable outside the body for 6 months....but your chance of getting it from wastewater is zero. Well that turned out to be bullshit too...they did act surprised though. Lemme put it this way, I would not want to be a sewer worker within a hundred miles of where the quarantined are shitting.
"But we have great waste handling facilities in our first world society." Yes indeed we do much of it is the best technology available....30, 40, some as much as 50 years ago and some even older. Much of our water and sewer systems are patchworks with very old infrastructure. It would be extremely time consuming for me to give you a great deal of detail into how easy this monster could rise from the sewer. If this bug gets in the system and ultimately in the water....no one would know it, they aren't looking for it. Looking for certain pathogens in wastewater is like looking for a specific needle in an ocean of needles. This bug will be shat into an environment it has never encountered to our knowledge, there is no evidence it has ever been on our continent. Can you tell me what it will do when it hits the sewer? Admittedly I can't. It may die. But it does have a knack for mutation, that is undeniable. I firmly believe, can't prove, that Hep B mutated and became tough as hell. Tough enough to survive the wastewater stream.

A little note on pathogens in wastewater. We don't sterilize water before it returns to the receiving stream, we disinfect it. Our limit at my plant is 400colonies daily. Now we don't test to find specific pathogens...hell we don't know if there IS a pathogen, we only know that there is fecal matter and there MAY be a pathogen. It is an indicator test for fecal coliform. To find say, a cholera pathogen....see my comment about finding a specific needle. Add to all this the fact that our effluents in large cities, contain a litteral cocktail of trace medical compounds, from meds in our overmedicated society, and you realize that it really could be the makings of science fiction. Most people don't know this, and that is to be expected. Who wants to study shit? It is how I make my money to buy all my wonderful toys...ad it pays well.

We have protocols and PPE but even so exposure is a given in this business business. There are small unreportable SSO's (sanitary sewer overflows) literally by the hundreds, hell maybe thousands, every day in this country. Many of you ride past small package plants every day and never knew it was there. There are few in urban areas that don't live in fairly close proximity to a lift station. We as a society love our water, hell we worship it. We swim in it, fish in it, ski, boat, wade, dabble our feet in it, we are seldom far from it ever. Everyone is downstream of someone shitting. Getting the picture yet?

I submit to you that these resistant infections were not born IN a hospital, but in fact in a sewer. We have had conferences where some of the topic dealt with medical pass through to a receiving stream. Yeah, antibiotic waste has been going into receiving streams for many years. In the last year I have seen an operator nearly lose a leg to a cut that nothing would touch until they cultured the infection and found a cocktail that eventually cured it.

What does all this blather mean? We have the potential now to harbor this nasty shit and actually culture it and make it strong just a few miles from many of your favorite watercourses. Granted, I have a little hope that it being a virus, it will die. I think the biggest danger would be an SSO, but what if this sucker decides it likes the RNA of one of the thousands of strains of bacteria in a wastewater plant? How do we know HepB hasn't jumped the shark? Most people are now immunized. Hard to tell now if it does jump the shark. HepA will go through a plant and into a receiving stream like shit through a goose. Again Hep A can....no one is looking for it specifically.

Why aren't we seeing cholera from people swimming? Maybe it isn't tough enough. When fecal levels rise in a stream it is usually posted and closed to swimming and wading. Happens a lot in the summer in many places even here. I have had to hang the signs. Many of the pathogens we are used to do not act like ebola, even the plague is not much more scary than a case of the clap if someone seeks medical attention. Yes we can treat ebola here...what happens when there are 30 cases in one hospital? The system will break down.

A sewer worker is exposed in Dallas. Carries it home to his wife and kids...etc. In our mile a minute society it will act a little different than in Africa. I drove 90 miles to the range yesterday, went to a meeting, shook hands with 10 or 12 people....a million other people did the same thing yesterday, A million more drove over a hundred miles....a thousand more flew out of Dallas....

It may get ugly. Just some things to think about folks.

As a retired physician, I can say this is no BIG DEAL! Many other infectious diseases out there that can get you, which are much worse. Mortality rate not so great with proper treatment, even though "there is no cure (antibiotic)". Drinking and driving and, yes, guns kill many more people annually. Would you want someone to ban all guns? Wait I think that's already been tried. Chill.

PS-Ebola is not the Black Death. That is plague, which we live with here in the southwest and is now easily cured. This is not the 12th Century!

From what I know doctors dont prescribe anitbiotics for viruses, which Ebola is (4 known strains). Guess we need a vaccine for this one.

:) As long as I get S&B scopes,
S&B your kidding right? Their warranty service is being tested more and more every day. My side kick is now sending his 3rd one back for tracking issues like the other two, (in less than 3 years).

$3800.00 up front, wait 8 months and 1 day for it to arrive, and it works for less than a year! That's a solid product all right.

He's over joyed as the comps in Mississippi (MTOA) are starting next week,... Ya S&B all the way,...

My extra .02 cents.

I don't think this is anything like the "Spanish flu."

Ordering all those hasmat suits really doesn't qualify as anyone thinking it's going to be "huge."
As I recall the problems in the countries that the doctors got infected, there was an issue with supplies. They were running out of them and most probable cause of infection was due to lack of them.
I'm no expert, but can you wear the hazmat suit twice? three times? When does it qualify as contaminated risk?

I'm not going to declare there is no risk at all. That is not my intentions. It is a risk and it is news worthy.

The chances of getting "west nile virus" is some what low. Yet I knew someone personally who got it and was paralyzed for a short time and had to go through physical therapy for it.
It was a huge deal. And it came from mosquitos that; we all know is very common. He spent 6 months in the hospital.

I still went out, just like the rest of you and put on bug spray and enjoyed the outdoors. And you have never gotten bit with bug spray? I have.

As with the government, they are there to "protect" you as a whole. First being first, they will protect themselves. Then as a "whole" they protect you. Most likely confine you.

We all know this.

Yes, there are bigger and badder threats out there that most likely you may encounter. Or even a small threat may be the "one" that gets ya. But individually, we are concerned with what is the threat and what we "learn" from them to help us "deal" with the fear before we go out in the real world.

I'm going out on a "limb" and say it may be spread and there may be people get infected. There may be many or a few, however there is not going to be mass hysteria or outbreak where the United States "shuts down".

Until the next "big" thing happens, i'm done with this subject.

If the news and government officials would stop telling me not to worry and actually give me some information that would ease my concerns I would be a little less paranoid about all this. So far all we have heard is how they were incompetent and how they are misleading us.

There is plenty of information out there that SHOULD ease people's concerns, specifically:

Patient not symptomatic until 4 days after arriving in the United States
Very limited method of infection (only by contact with the bodily fluids of a symptomatic person)
Ebola having basic reproductive rate MUCH lower than the common cold, flu, viral gastroenteritis, measles, SARS, etc.)
Mortality rate of Ebola patients treated in the US currently at 0%
Western hospitals having RADICALLY better/safer patient isolation & supportive care treatments than West African nations
Western culture having RADICALLY different/safer societal and burial customs than West African nations

This is a VERY serious issue and a very real public health risk...but America ain't West Africa folks, and this ain't a Hollywood pandemic movie where viruses quickly mutate into more contagious/virulent forms, so there's really very little reason to freak out.

Last edited:
Yes, I thiink we should keep letting them come over here. We should keep encouraging them to do so. After all, we are the land of the free!

There is plenty of information out there that SHOULD ease people's concerns, specifically:

Very limited method of infection (only by contact with the bodily fluids of a symptomatic person)
Ebola having basic reproductive rate MUCH lower than the common cold, flu, viral gastroenteritis, measles, SARS, etc.)
Morality rate of Ebola patients treated in the US currently at 0%
Western hospitals having RADICALLY better/safer patient isolation & supportive care treatments than West African nations
Western culture having RADICALLY different/safer societal and burial customs than West African nations

This is a VERY serious issue and a very real public health risk...but America ain't West Africa folks, and this ain't a Hollywood pandemic movie where viruses quickly mutate into more contagious/virulent forms, so there's really very little reason to freak out.

If we took the above input, there would be a great many tinfoil hats that would go to waste. (sarcasm)

I think we are allowing our fears and worries to blind us to who we are, and who we always have been.

As a Nation we have always succeeded in the reactive mode, and done less well in the preventive mode. If you think the preventive mode works, then I offer you the logic of gun control for comparison sake. In essence, it's always a failure of imagination; whatever we prepare for, it's always something else that hits us in the hamstrings. Hope and fear build poor strategies.

You keep a stockpile of the basic building blocks onhand, and move them efficiently to the pressure points, whatever they may turn out to be.

We have always stood up to everything from the Spanish Flu to the War to End All Wars. Slow out of the blocks, always; first to the finish, always.

Casualties are inevitable; terms like collateral damage do not have the genuine weight so many insist they must have. Such insistence could well be a ploy among some to out-price war; but at any price, war is expensive. Its not the dollars, it's the lives; and war is about taking them as needed. The folks who declare them still don't see them at the ground level. Once engaged, the rest is on its way. Count on it.

Have a little faith, Pilgrims. When the SHTF, the resilient survive in greater numbers.

Greg

Last edited:
The NBC cameraman is a freelance journalist that has been working in Liberia for three years; he was hired by NBC News on Tuesday 1 Oct and became symptomatic Wednesday 2 Oct.

Think his health INS has kicked in yet?

I know you guys are gonna laugh. I mean some of you have thought of every conceivable possibility and still fall back on our cutting edge medicine.
I have worked in the wastewater industry for over 28 years. If you count my time working with my father snaking out sewer services...well over 30yrs.

You better be worried about it getting in a sewer system....oops...too late. One of my responsibilities is studying the flora and fauna of a wastewater plant under a microscope. I am the go to guy and run evaluations every week. I have been in "IT" from the ditch, to the manhole, to the lab. Boys this thing will eventually be the monster that rose from the sewer. Yeah...I know I sound retarded, I can asure you I am almost as educated on bacteria and bugs as a doctor.

They are telling you that it lives outside the body one or two days. You may not know this, but that is exactly what they said about Hep B. Later they said mmmmwell...um it is viable outside the body for 6 months....but your chance of getting it from wastewater is zero. Well that turned out to be bullshit too...they did act surprised though. Lemme put it this way, I would not want to be a sewer worker within a hundred miles of where the quarantined are shitting.
"But we have great waste handling facilities in our first world society." Yes indeed we do much of it is the best technology available....30, 40, some as much as 50 years ago and some even older. Much of our water and sewer systems are patchworks with very old infrastructure. It would be extremely time consuming for me to give you a great deal of detail into how easy this monster could rise from the sewer. If this bug gets in the system and ultimately in the water....no one would know it, they aren't looking for it. Looking for certain pathogens in wastewater is like looking for a specific needle in an ocean of needles. This bug will be shat into an environment it has never encountered to our knowledge, there is no evidence it has ever been on our continent. Can you tell me what it will do when it hits the sewer? Admittedly I can't. It may die. But it does have a knack for mutation, that is undeniable. I firmly believe, can't prove, that Hep B mutated and became tough as hell. Tough enough to survive the wastewater stream.

A little note on pathogens in wastewater. We don't sterilize water before it returns to the receiving stream, we disinfect it. Our limit at my plant is 400colonies daily. Now we don't test to find specific pathogens...hell we don't know if there IS a pathogen, we only know that there is fecal matter and there MAY be a pathogen. It is an indicator test for fecal coliform. To find say, a cholera pathogen....see my comment about finding a specific needle. Add to all this the fact that our effluents in large cities, contain a litteral cocktail of trace medical compounds, from meds in our overmedicated society, and you realize that it really could be the makings of science fiction. Most people don't know this, and that is to be expected. Who wants to study shit? It is how I make my money to buy all my wonderful toys...ad it pays well.

We have protocols and PPE but even so exposure is a given in this business business. There are small unreportable SSO's (sanitary sewer overflows) literally by the hundreds, hell maybe thousands, every day in this country. Many of you ride past small package plants every day and never knew it was there. There are few in urban areas that don't live in fairly close proximity to a lift station. We as a society love our water, hell we worship it. We swim in it, fish in it, ski, boat, wade, dabble our feet in it, we are seldom far from it ever. Everyone is downstream of someone shitting. Getting the picture yet?

I submit to you that these resistant infections were not born IN a hospital, but in fact in a sewer. We have had conferences where some of the topic dealt with medical pass through to a receiving stream. Yeah, antibiotic waste has been going into receiving streams for many years. In the last year I have seen an operator nearly lose a leg to a cut that nothing would touch until they cultured the infection and found a cocktail that eventually cured it.

What does all this blather mean? We have the potential now to harbor this nasty shit and actually culture it and make it strong just a few miles from many of your favorite watercourses. Granted, I have a little hope that it being a virus, it will die. I think the biggest danger would be an SSO, but what if this sucker decides it likes the RNA of one of the thousands of strains of bacteria in a wastewater plant? How do we know HepB hasn't jumped the shark? Most people are now immunized. Hard to tell now if it does jump the shark. HepA will go through a plant and into a receiving stream like shit through a goose. Again Hep A can....no one is looking for it specifically.

Why aren't we seeing cholera from people swimming? Maybe it isn't tough enough. When fecal levels rise in a stream it is usually posted and closed to swimming and wading. Happens a lot in the summer in many places even here. I have had to hang the signs. Many of the pathogens we are used to do not act like ebola, even the plague is not much more scary than a case of the clap if someone seeks medical attention. Yes we can treat ebola here...what happens when there are 30 cases in one hospital? The system will break down.

A sewer worker is exposed in Dallas. Carries it home to his wife and kids...etc. In our mile a minute society it will act a little different than in Africa. I drove 90 miles to the range yesterday, went to a meeting, shook hands with 10 or 12 people....a million other people did the same thing yesterday, A million more drove over a hundred miles....a thousand more flew out of Dallas....

It may get ugly. Just some things to think about folks.

Consider yourself lucky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MK5o9Vhiqk

If the news and government officials would stop telling me not to worry and actually give me some information that would ease my concerns I would be a little less paranoid about all this. So far all we have heard is how they were incompetent and how they are misleading us.

So lets see the news is telling us not to worry, but at the same they stir the pot of fear. I'll bet the media is making a fortune on this thing.

Also I have seen where the ALCOA/Reynolds hat sites saying its airborne they (the Govt.) lie we are all doomed. I'll bet they are making a fortune on their increased web traffic too. Hysteria sells baby hysteria sells.

I know of at least one way to guarantee you do not get it...Go climb into your end of world bunker lock the door and don't come out till we tell you it is safe. If you don't hear from us in ten years, assume we are all dead and only the Zombies are walking the earth.

Fear and hysteria are much more dangerous than this thing right now, but that does not seem to stop the fear and hysteria. Fuck soon it will be to the point when someone sneezes in a restaurant folks will run screaming into the street.

BTW the main folks who are the front line foot soldiers on this thing (CDC, NIH and Dept of Health, etc) have had their budget cut by over a billion dollars since Congress decided it was easier to take the poison pill of sequester than to sit down and do their jobs. So put that in your deficit pipe and smoke it.

Morality rate of Ebola patients treated in the US currently at 0%

Damn dude if you keep talking sense the chicken little crowd is gonna hang you. Just because you have not found any pieces of sky on the ground, does not mean its not falling.

Last edited:

Well that's part of the problem in this country. Their job at some point shifted to making money rather than informing the public. They say "if you want a crowd, start a fight" People will gather and watch the fight.
That's the principle behind the news these days. They dramatize everything, promote the drama even when they know the truth. Hey these days everyone wants a beach house. Dollar dollar bills y'all!

Damn dude if you keep talking sense the chicken little crowd is gonna hang you. Just because you have not found any pieces of sky on the ground, does not mean its not falling.

Yeah this BoilerUp dude is a serious threat to stupidity. I am starting not to like it. Can't someone counter that with some crazy conspiracy sh*t and the typical let's nuke the area (Africa) and that' ll solve our problems
Come one people, you can't let this guys common sense pervade this board. I am sure some of you have it them.

Sounds like a Shitty job !!!!!!................ ( crickets chirping )

Sounds like a Shitty job !!!!!!................ ( crickets chirping )

It's a public service, and one of the most important jobs by the way. This guy should be paid like royalty. He should be a hero! This guy is more valuable than lawyers and a slew of other "respected professions". Yet our priorities are all screwed up!
Do you know what your life would be without this guy?

It's a public service, and one of the most important jobs by the way. This guy should be paid like royalty. He should be a hero! This guy is more valuable than lawyers and a slew of other "respected professions". Yet our priorities are all screwed up!

Hmm....I guess my life would be pretty shitty without him ! What's your point . We all
have important jobs. I drive a truck, what would your life be like if I wasn't hauling around all the shit you buy at the store. Go climb back in your chartreuse micro bus you hippie !

From what I know doctors dont prescribe anitbiotics for viruses, which Ebola is (4 known strains). Guess we need a vaccine for this one.

Just before someone tries to call you out on this, oftentimes Dr's will provide antibiotics when a patient has a virus, but it's to prevent opportunistic bacterial infections while the patient's immune system is compromised from dealing with the virus. Antibiotics are not effective against virus'.

Hmm....I guess my life would be pretty shitty without him ! What's your point . We all
have important jobs. I drive a truck, what would your life be like if I wasn't hauling around all the shit you buy at the store. Go climb back in your chartreuse micro bus you hippie !

Well you made my point. I should respect your job, so respect HIS! If someone said what you said about his job of YOUR job, I would take your side just as I took his!
So no need to demean the man's job, and no need for insults on your part. If you can't reason your way to a point, start pooping in your hand and hurl it at others. Very original!

Just before someone tries to call you out on this, oftentimes Dr's will provide antibiotics when a patient has a virus, but it's to prevent opportunistic bacterial infections while the patient's immune system is compromised from dealing with the virus. Antibiotics are not effective against virus'.

An intelligent post, and I actually learned something I didn't know. Thanks ahhshoot! Bringing a contrary point with grace.
Much harder than throwing sh*t at people, and actually useful, rather than demeaning, bringing others down.

An intelligent post, and I actually learned something I didn't know. Thanks ahhshoot! Bringing a contrary point with grace.
Much harder than throwing sh*t at people, and actually useful, rather than demeaning, bringing others down.

There are a lot of people on this site and others who feed off attacking others. If I see an opportunity to input something I've learned that I found useful at some point or another, I won't hesitate because it might help others too. I am not a Doctor but I did take a lot of biology and healthcare classes in college and worked at a hospital for a few years so I learned just enough to be dangerous in those arenas. Thanks for the reply.

Well you made my point. I should respect your job, so respect HIS! If someone said what you said about his job of YOUR job, I would take your side just as I took his!
So no need to demean the man's job, and no need for insults on your part. If you can't reason your way to a point, start pooping in your hand and hurl it at others. Very original!
My post about it being a shitty job was a stab at humor and had nothing to do with demeaning his job. And NO I don't HAVE to respect anything I dont want to and don't expect you to do the same. Your the one that called me out over a post I made because you weren't bright enough to understand it in the first place .

BTW perkantino , im curious how many miles per pound of rice do you get from that sweet pickles bus you drive !

Agreed, we would all be in deep shit!

BTW perkantino , im curious how many miles per pound of rice do you get from that sweet pickles bus you drive !

Maybe you should ask your girl Jennay. After all you are just like peas and carrots.

vwbus.jpg

My post about it being a shitty job was a stab at humor and had nothing to do with demeaning his job. And NO I don't HAVE to respect anything I dont want to and don't expect you to do the same. Your the one that called me out over a post I made because you weren't bright enough to understand it in the first place .

So now you say you were kidding? If you say so. I can't read your mind, so I ll take it you really were kidding. It certainly didn't come across as such. Now you may be right it's a lack of brilliance on my part. I ll assure you I am working everyday to improve that. Which is why I appreciate informative and intelligent posts.

Last edited:
Which is why I appreciate informative and intelligent posts.
Then do us a favor and STOP FUCKING POSTING !
If you honestly took my post about it being a shitty job as anything other than jokeing then you trully are fucking dense .

Then do us a favor and STOP FUCKING POSTING !
If you honestly took my post about it being a shitty job as anything other than jokeing then you trully are fucking dense .

Well, there is always more than 1 reason behind most things. It could be joking, it could also be malice. There wasn't a joking sticker on your post or a smiley. Go try that with cops and a plastic gun, then after you get shot tell them you were joking. Let's see how that goes.

So for me to consider that joking was the only reason behind your post would actually be truly dense, as you eloquently put it.
You could also have been demeaning the man's job, which frankly is reprehensible, especially when his job is so important to all of us. And for good men to stand around and do nothing when evil men do their deeds is unacceptable. I am not going to sit here and watch you unnecessarily demean a fellow hider for no reason other than you saw a cheap opening to put someone down, and you cowardly took it!. I don't know about others, but that's me. Now since you insist you were joking, I ll take your word for it. You are forgiven!

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhh thank you sweet Jesus , praise the lord and hail mary . I have been forgiven by perkantino for my evil deeds and can now enter the pearly gates . Amen brother.

And now to get back on topic , is there any chance these ebola patients will turn into zombies so I can have some moving targets to practice on ?? Stationary steel tends to get boring after awhile.

Last edited:
Since Ebola is spread by contact with body fluids...all this pissing is making this thread a Bio Hazard.

Since Ebola is spread by contact with body fluids...all this pissing is making this thread a Bio Hazard.

:)

But seriously, what about human waste? The quarantined people are stuck in that apartment, using water, heck the infected guy was having diarrhea and was throwing up. Aren't the folks at the water treatment plant exposed? I know the virus isn't resilient, but inside stool, it is probably insulated

But seriously, what about human waste? The quarantined people are stuck in that apartment, using water, heck the infected guy was having diarrhea and was throwing up. Aren't the folks at the water treatment plant exposed? I know the virus isn't resilient, but inside stool, it is probably insulated

I don't think they swim in it.

You make a good point/question, they should have a porta john and a portable bath/shower unit for the people in quarantine to collect any type of possible contamination. Think about when you are told do not flush medicine down the toilet, since many chemicals in medicines cannot be removed at the water plant.
All you really can do is put it in GODS hand and let him deal with it. If you have ever been in the military you know what NBC stands for!!!! Ebola has been around a long time. Some people get it and the body fights it and wins and some time the body looses the fight and the person dies. It's sad but it's the truth, try and keep your immune system at 100% and you will have a greater fighting chance to live if you got Ebola.

Last edited:
ebolar0_custom-51327a6a4853632602173cc2fa7ad8339aac5630-s40-c85.jpg

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/10/02/352983774/no-seriously-how-contagious-is-ebola?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202402

View attachment 51983

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014/10/02/352983774/no-seriously-how-contagious-is-ebola?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202402

Problem is SARS isn't that deadly. Vaccines will take care of Mumps and Measles. Sexually staying away from skanks will take care of HIV and Hep C. Ebola however doesn't have a cure, can be transmitted from mere contact with body fluid, and will kill you within a few days by having you throw up blood, blood diarrhea, bleeding how of every holes on your body. You are more likely to die from a car crash than you are from a howitzer. However, a howitzer is scarier than a volkswagen beetle. Even though the beetle is deadlier.

Remember Ebola is not new, it's been around since 1976. It all starts with an animal (the host) that is infected and then Ebola gets passed to a human. Hemorrhagic fever is happening all over the world right now. We can win this fight and people do not have to die from ebola, the WHO and the CDC can make things happen!!!!!

Someone, somewhere in my country, decided it was a great idea to continue air travel between ebola infected countries and the US. That bureaucratic POS and all who agreed with him/her should be held personally responsible for any and all Americans who get infected, whether they die or not. Said POS and company oughta be dipped in the ebola virus and quarantined, untreated, until death ensues. All their worldly goods and finances donated to the ebola affected innocents who where told to "trust the government, there's nothing to worry about".

Squawk all you want about not banning travel to/from these countries, or bringing infected peeps here for treatment. ANY innocent who dies as a result of these policies will be for all practical purposes, murdered by our government. A few must die for the sake of the greater good? Bullshit I say. We need accountability in this country, as of now it is nonexistent.

There's a thread floating around here about some dude who got fined by TSA for a few loose rds in his carry on, what'll happen to the cocksucker/s who let Mr Ebola into the US? Prolly get promoted for being such a kind and understanding .gov employee. Just what the holy fuck is wrong with this country?

RANT OFF!!! :mad:

I gotta give you credit Perko...you are one of the few people I have shared my concernes with who "get it".

I took no offense from forrest...if forrest was even talking about me...or the guy in the vid...doesn't matter I took no offence. I hear it all the time actually. It is all cool forrest you didn't have to give me a smiley face. My vagina is pretty well iron clad.

Back on point. Many of the guys in my business are working "at the source" I did but no longer do I have squeeeezed up through the ranks :D
Many people actually hate people like me and the facilities we operate, often with accusations of being the ones destroying the rivers and streams. there really is no limit to stupidity among our society sometimes.
Even where I work I cannot ride in my car without ruining it, I must shower before I come home because I stink like holy hell. Yet I seldom have a spot of visible shit on my person.

That was part of my point, that the closer to the source the greater the danger. Yes a turd insulates and protects what lies inside. The doctors who expounded the safety of workin in Hep B laden shit had no fucking clue how the system works. Once the first turd contact patient showed up...well that cow was out of the gate.

When you have an SSO you may well have "hush puppies" floating in a local creek. That was my biggest point. Again no one knows if it can reach the plant or not. Not trying to foment panic, simply saying this is an area of concern that really fucking smart people overlook. A doctors specialty is the human body. My specialty is what comes out of the human body. Rest easy knowing that we make it hard as hell for pathogens to enter the receiving stream...but accidents happen...and they always happen at the worst possible time.

Also gentlemen...you get your drinking water from the water plant, we treat your shit and everything else that comes down the pipe at the wastewater plant. There has been a big push to rename many facilities "water reclamation facilities". It is quite cute and a gentle euphemism in many cases. Personally I think it dumbs down and stifles the education of the public.
One of my fears is this evil bitch jumps the shark and it is traced to an SSO. Everywhere guys like me will be treated to: "Yeah it was bastards like you that dropped the ball and caused that outbreak!" Everyone's waste gets concentrated in one place that is the problem.
Like I said, it is worth thinking about now, and it is ALWAYS the last thing, and my cadre are the last people thought about in this chain of infection.

Someone, somewhere in my country, decided it was a great idea to continue air travel between ebola infected countries and the US. That bureaucratic POS and all who agreed with him/her should be held personally responsible for any and all Americans who get infected, whether they die or not. Said POS and company oughta be dipped in the ebola virus and quarantined, untreated, until death ensues. All their worldly goods and finances donated to the ebola affected innocents who where told to "trust the government, there's nothing to worry about".

Squawk all you want about not banning travel to/from these countries, or bringing infected peeps here for treatment. ANY innocent who dies as a result of these policies will be for all practical purposes, murdered by our government. A few must die for the sake of the greater good? Bullshit I say. We need accountability in this country, as of now it is nonexistent.

There's a thread floating around here about some dude who got fined by TSA for a few loose rds in his carry on, what'll happen to the cocksucker/s who let Mr Ebola into the US? Prolly get promoted for being such a kind and understanding .gov employee. Just what the holy fuck is wrong with this country?

RANT OFF!!! :mad:

The problem with your rant is you are not looking at the big picture, and that's usually the problem with most of us who do this part time. That's why we have experts. And even though they are not perfect, they spend more time looking at those issues than we do. Just like we here spend more time looking at precision rifles than most people do. So typically even when wrong those experts are in a better position to make decisions than we are. Case and point you know more about guns than let's say a random senator, which is why we complain they shouldn't be making gun laws.
Well, we do the same thing on this board by acting like we know more about these things than the people who think about this day and night outbreak or not.

Here is a problem. You close off the border, and not only people can still fly to other countries and then fly here. You also can't close the country to the whole world, or the US economy would collapse, and you would be here blaming your government for unemployment and the like. But also stopping flights between them and us, would also prevent US health workers or US citizens who get infected overseas cannot come home.
It would stop people going there to help from going, and since Africa cannot deal with this itself, the problem will grow worse, and eventually you would have to seal off not only West African flights, but the whole country. Which again will collapse our economy because this is a globalized world. Stocks dipping, people losing their pensions, meanwhile africa gets worse.

The most immediate problem however is that such an act would collapse West Africa's economy. I remember a few weeks ago Israel freaked out economically because we stopped flights for 24 hrs to Bengurion.
Should West Africa's economy collapse, the whole continent will start to tank because West Africa is its engine. Africa tanks, and you get more failed states, more instability, terrorist safe havens which will be problems to deal with later, and which will bring you back here to complain in another thread. So the folks making those decisions have a broader chess board to look at rather than making short sighted decisions. It might not make sense to someone who does this part time, but the world is a complicated place. The risk has to become so great that we are willing to deal with the residual problems of closing those borders. Right now 1 infection, and the potential of isolated travelers carrying an infection that can be handled, just doesn't tip the balance. There are much more dangerous things lurking around your house right now than this. They are not failing to close those borders because they are all evil, or somehow you are smarter than them. A person once made fun of me, asking: "Why do you aim 12 inches to the right of your target into the void"? How do you expect the bullet to magically curve towards your target?
To them it didn't make any damn sense, and if you think of it from a lay person's point of view, it doesn't make any sense at all! But as a shooter you know why. Their failure was not to look at the big picture, and recognize that there are variables i.e wind, which they did not think about but which are substantial in this case. Now may be I should have aimed 10 inches off instead of 12, but my position even when mistaken is more likely correct or closer to correct than one who doesn't know much about shooting in this case.
How many other experts are calling for the borders to be closed? The problem is we regard everyone else as either ill-willed or evil. Some of those folks we blame lose sleep over trying to protect us. Some are corrupt I ll concede that, but others are honorable, and spend their life studying those things and are trying to do it right. The US is the greatest country in the world, so our leaders aren't all crap, or we would be a third world country, and the fact that we are the best, shows what some of those experts know what they are doing. And sometimes we need to pass the ball to the ones who can play.

Last edited: