• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Black Death coming to a town near you ?

I also live in the Dallas area, I am actually just a few miles away from the Care One Clinic the Sheriff went when he thought he was sick. My question is they are prescreening people for a fever, is the fever the first symptom? Or is it different for each person and can it spread before the person has a fever?

A female nurse who was wearing a space suit at the Dallas hospital was diagnosed with ebola. She was diagnosed Friday, but it wasn't reported until today. Why did they hide it until now? Let's see, maybe the Texas-Oklahoma game and the money it brings in? This is like a bad sci-fi movie. Remember Jaws? Freaking life imitating art.

They keep telling me not to worry, all the while giving me reasons to worry.

A female nurse who was wearing a space suit at the Dallas hospital was diagnosed with ebola. She was diagnosed Friday, but it wasn't reported until today. Why did they hide it until now? Let's see, maybe the Texas-Oklahoma game and the money it brings in? This is like a bad sci-fi movie. Remember Jaws? Freaking life imitating art.

They keep telling me not to worry, all the while giving me reasons to worry.

Hawg you looked flushed, feeling okay?

The Black Death? Its already taken over DC.

I think I'm {cough, cough} ok.

Would you like a sip of my beer?

Say again your last. Tough to read through the plexi glass in this positive pressure su%Yt, suits - damn these fat fingered space gloves.

"A breach of protocol caused the infection to the nurse".--CDC Spokesman. I'm listening to the internet press coverage Q&A right now.

Right.

Funny thing is that these protocol breaches keep occurring with lots of doctors and nurses, especially in West Africa.

They have the best equipment in the world, and apparently it isn't enough.

What happens when nurses and doctors start walking off the job, after the already overburdened health care system is buried with Ebola cases? This requires isolation which eats up entire rooms and in some cases, entire wings of the hospital. Even a dozen cases for one hospital would be draining.

Some people in the medical field are probably thinking of other employment at this point, and that would be understandable.

I have a heard time believing that so little is known about a disease that has been around so long. Damn that bushmeat !

The problem I think is their "protocols" are not well thought through and are based on them having an overly optimistic view of how difficult it is for someone to catch the virus.
If you want to see them really bring their A game, tell them the patient has smallpox.... Then see how things change...

Most likely the primary failure both here in Dallas and also the one in Europe is an improper decontamination routine for the health care workers after attending to the sick patients.

Anybody know the names of the companies that are developing the vaccine? Has their stock gone up yet?

Roche, Swiss
Sonafi,france
AstraZeneca,uk/sweden.
U.S
I would keep my eyes on Pfizer and Jonhson &Johnson stocks .....This 2 are in biotech....lol

Jus to name a few.

Ebola is a smoke screen. The u.s. is at war and the hoople head in charge doesn't want to admit that we have more troops in more countries than the previous administration did in an "unjust war" MAP: The U.S. military currently has troops in these African countries - The Washington Post

The only reason these hooligans have troops in Africa period,is because the want the same thing the fucking chinese are robbing the country of.(Resourses)
If they don't.Checkmate...those fucks will take over.....their main goal is to take anything and everything they can get,with money,or even by force.just take a look at the shit thats going on the SCS.

It's just a matter of time before they make the final move.

Off topic.....Forgot to mention, that they are already soon taking over this state.this hooligans overhere,Landhores,just openned the doors to them ,so they can (Invest) in realstate and businesses....how you like them apples.
The skyline is fool of cranes building new condos.they sell faster than they can build them.and we're talking about average unit going for $500k starting and up to $5mill for a Penthouse unit depending on wich building you are buying into...but the news tells these poor people that this all to create affordable housing for the locals..wtf,the average family around couldn't afford even the lower units.
What's ironic is if you look at this new condos at night time over half of the units have no lights on. Wonder why that is?

Like 100meterpeter wrote .Ebola is just a smoke screen.

Last edited:
The only reason these hooligans have troops in Africa period,is because the want the same thing the fucking chinese are robbing the country of.(Resourses)
If they don't.Checkmate...those fucks will take over.....their main goal is to take anything and everything they can get,with money,or even by force.just take a look at the shit thats going on the SCS.

Off topic.....Forgot to mention, that they are already soon taking over this state.this hooligans overhere,Landhores,just openned the doors to them ,so they can (Invest) in realstate and businesses....how you like them apples.
The skyline is fool of cranes building new condos.they sell faster than they can build them.and we're talking about average unit going for $500k starting and up to $5mill for a Penthouse unit depending on wich building you are buying into...but the news tells these poor people that this all to create affordable housing for the locals..wtf,the average family around couldn't afford even the lower units.
What's ironic is if you look at this new condos at night time over half of the units have no lights on. Wonder why that is?

You have no idea! You walk around any capital in Sub-Saharan Africa and you ll be surprised how much chinese influence is everywhere!
Guess what, they are also starting to make buys here too!

Last edited:
The problem I think is their "protocols" are not well thought through and are based on them having an overly optimistic view of how difficult it is for someone to catch the virus.
If you want to see them really bring their A game, tell them the patient has smallpox.... Then see how things change...

Most likely the primary failure both here in Dallas and also the one in Europe is an improper decontamination routine for the health care workers after attending to the sick patients.

Are you talking about the same cdc that left smallpox vials unsecured in a storage closet? Lucky the cleaning lady didn't toss em in the trash. I trust nothing government is in charge of. Nothing.

The skyline is full of cranes building new condos.they sell faster than they can build them.and we're talking about average unit going for $500k starting and up to $5mill for a Penthouse unit depending on wich building you are buying into...but the news tells these poor people that this all to create affordable housing for the locals..wtf,the average family around couldn't afford even the lower units.

They are taking over...lol

Are you talking about the same cdc that left smallpox vials unsecured in a storage closet? Lucky the cleaning lady didn't toss em in the trash. I trust nothing government is in charge of. Nothing.

Dude, the government is the people. Government employees don't go to special schools, aren't born in special neighborhoods apart from all of us. Government comes out of ordinary people.
Those mistakes happen in the private sector too. It's a "people are stupid", or "sometimes text their new girlfriend too much" problem, not specifically a government problem. We need to encourage people to be responsible, and that's it. Finding NRA members who mishandled their guns, just to say "Are you talking about the same NRA and their members who left their gun unsecured in a ..." is a game anyone can play. It's not just the government. Part of solving any problem is not antagonizing the people who supposedly have the problem with. Those are american citizens who for some of them at the CDC put their lives on the line with dangerous pathogens for us. Much like most soldiers do. So please, let's not be ingrate. The CDC stopped a lot of things that could have been detrimental to this country we love, and everyday they suit up and fight, study dangerous things, so they know how to protect us. They volunteer to do that, and put their lives in danger, just like our military. People mess up, but let's not be ungrateful.
People f*ck up all the time, government or not.

Dude,

True enough. But some professions have a bit more margin for error than others. Who would you rather have fuck up? Me, a greasemonkey working on your car,,,, or my wife the RN taking care of you in intensive care?

Bob

True enough. But some professions have a bit more margin for error than others. Who would you rather have fuck up? Me, a greasemonkey working on your car,,,, or my wife the RN taking care of you in intensive care?

Bob
That's a tough one. My car is pretty sweet.

Dude, the government is the people. Government employees don't go to special schools, aren't born in special neighborhoods apart from all of us. Government comes out of ordinary people.
Those mistakes happen in the private sector too. It's a "people are stupid", or "sometimes text their new girlfriend too much" problem, not specifically a government problem. We need to encourage people to be responsible, and that's it. Finding NRA members who mishandled their guns, just to say "Are you talking about the same NRA and their members who left their gun unsecured in a ..." is a game anyone can play. It's not just the government. Part of solving any problem is not antagonizing the people who supposedly have the problem with. Those are american citizens who for some of them at the CDC put their lives on the line with dangerous pathogens for us. Much like most soldiers do. So please, let's not be ingrate. The CDC stopped a lot of things that could have been detrimental to this country we love, and everyday they suit up and fight, study dangerous things, so they know how to protect us. They volunteer to do that, and put their lives in danger, just like our military. People mess up, but let's not be ungrateful.

Glad my fighter squadrons didn't have your slackass attitude.

There is a lot of room between inevitable human error and criminal negligence or utter incompetence. We delegate power and money and training to people to do certain safety critical functions like handle pandemic level viruses and certifications for employing nuclear weapons and the like. It is common sense, and morally correct, to not only "antagonize" but fire and even jail morons who abuse that trust through their incompetence. Don't insult our intelligence by trying to claim moral equivalence between a cdc researcher tasked with controlling deadly pathogens and the local fudd NRA member.

We may give everyone a trophy and a pat on the back these days, but real life, and Ebola, don't care.

There's really only 1 thing to say about the whole Ebola problem......It is not being handled properly, or maybe it is.....
I guess that's 2 things

CDC and gov are awsome. I trust them whatever they say. They are all great people who would never lie to us. After all, they are the brightest, most intelligent caring people on the planet. I'm so proud of all our decision makers. They truly care about us.

CDC and gov are awsome. I trust them whatever they say. They are all great people who would never lie to us. After all, they are the brightest, most intelligent caring people on the planet. I'm so proud of all our decision makers. They truly care about us.

And I thought you were sarcastic

And I thought you were sarcastic. Never mind the spelling Nazis.

Wildcats, I went to a public High School in Honolulu, but I learned to spell and punctuate afterwards.

1911fan

Lol.i noticed some of my typos afterward...2 finger typist ovahea.guess i've been living amongst the local braddahs for to long.

Shit ,i forgot i grew up in SoCal.

Last edited:

Oh bullshit. The difference is there are no repercussions for slacking off or fucking up in a .gov job. Lost profits or getting fired is unheard of.

Comparing .gov to the private sector is ludicrous.

Oh bullshit. The difference is there are no repercussions for slacking off or fucking up in a .gov job. Lost profits or getting fired is unheard of.

Comparing .gov to the private sector is ludicrous.

I would have to agree with your analogy. If someone fucks up in the government, they aren't "alone." A lot of these individuals in these agencies are protected from civil matters. It's all internal.

Ever notice how a helium balloon will be small and not floating the next day?The helium molecules are smaller than the spaces between the balloon rubber molecules and just exit. Viruses are small like that. If you need an electron microscope to look at it, then you probably need a thick hard dense barrier to avoid it. Neutrinos are my favorite.

Ever notice how a helium balloon will be small and not floating the next day?The helium molecules are smaller than the spaces between the balloon rubber molecules and just exit. Viruses are small like that. If you need an electron microscope to look at it, then you probably need a thick hard dense barrier to avoid it. Neutrinos are my favorite.

Excellent analogy.

There are quite a few gov employees who do care and are good at what they do. It's easy to snipe at them and say they are all pieces of shit. But I will say the leadership in most agencies I have dealt with are completely incompetent. That's because they are products of political appointees who are incompetent and promote do nothing cover their ass yes men and women. The poor fuckers in the trenches have to deal with whatever stupid ass thing they come up with on a daily basis.

Show me the guy or gal that dons a bio suit and walks into a lab everyday to figure out what is going on with Ebola and God knows what else and I bet they know their shit. Their politically appointed bosses I'll bet are a collection of ladder climbing, ass kissing yes men. Just my two cents.

There are quite a few gov employees who do care and are good at what they do. It's easy to snipe at them and say they are all pieces of shit. But I will say the leadership in most agencies I have dealt with are completely incompetent. That's because they are products of political appointees who are incompetent and promote do nothing cover their ass yes men and women. The poor fuckers in the trenches have to deal with whatever stupid ass thing they come up with on a daily basis.

Show me the guy or gal that dons a bio suit and walks into a lab everyday to figure out what is going on with Ebola and God knows what else and I bet they know their shit. Their politically appointed bosses I'll bet are a collection of ladder climbing, ass kissing yes men. Just my two cents.

This is a good point, and is mostly true. The problem is the competent line worker you mention is probably least likely to get promoted. I found in government that the culture of incompetence comes from the political yes men that usually don't like working with competent people that will show them up and threaten their careers. So, they promote the malleable mediocre types instead of the deserving. Because they are not accountable to us the public, or market forces.

Thank God Ebola isn't coming to the US. The president said so. Even if it does it can't spread.
Our healthcare system is too good. That's what I was told.

What they will not tell you is that the majority of hospitals are not equipped to deal with a Level-4 virus.
Even if they have the suits most have not been trained on how to deploy, seal, and decontaminate after exposure.
DUPONT_Tychem_TK_Level_A_Suit.jpg

Pick up a book called "the Hot Zone" by Richard Preston. It gives factual information about the origins of Ebola, and Marburg viruses, and how they propagate, and real numbers of contagion, and survival.
The "New World" was heavily decimated by diseases that had never been here before, wiping out people in the 1400's, who had absolutely no resistance. Ebola has never been on this continent. Till now.
I am not sounding any alarm, merely suggesting that we read or re-read a factual source like Prestons book.

emergencynrse,

Are you as excited and happy as i am they have not decided to quarantine Ebola, 5,000 fucking miles away and bring it here instead.! I mean what kind of idiots are running this shit show!

Burn it down yesterday! Oh but wait. lets just send the troops there. What we can just forget about the flu pandemic of 1919.

R Kelly better get the hell up to DC right now and start pissing in someones face and i mean quick. Cause those fuckers need to get an appropriate handle on this.

emergencynrse,

Are you as excited and happy as i am they have not decided to quarantine Ebola, 5,000 fucking miles away and bring it here instead.! I mean what kind of idiots are running this shit show!

Burn it down yesterday! Oh but wait. lets just send the troops there. What we can just forget about the flu pandemic of 1919.

R Kelly better get the hell up to DC right now and start pissing in someones face and i mean quick. Cause those fuckers need to get an appropriate handle on this.

Lets see,

They fuck our economy up by bailing out their chronis in the stock market with taxpayers dollars,that din't work.
They have tried everything possible to take our rights,freedoms away and abolish the constitution,or twisted all up.
They tried everything to take our guns away,guess that din't go so well,we still have them and they caused enough panic to cause us to buy more..wtf.
And now ,well lets try bringing Ebola to the U.S and see if we can keep them down this way.

Just part of the bigger plan.

Almost forgot.

1911fan, feel free to check spelling and punctuation if you want.lmao

Last edited:
Lets see,

They fuck our economy up by bailing out their chronis in the stock market with taxpayers dollars,that din't work.
They have tried everything possible to take our rights,freedoms away and abolish the constitution,or twisted all up.
They tried everything to take our guns away,guess that din't go so well,we still have them and they caused enough panic to cause us to buy more..wtf.
And now ,well lets try bringing Ebola to the U.S and see if we can keep them down this way.

Just part of the bigger plan.

Almost forgot.

1911fan, feel free to check spelling and punctuation if you want.lmao
Sad, but so true. I just hope we can turn this disastrous course our Country has been on since Obama took the helm. Our best chance for survival is to vote the liberal bastards out in the upcoming election. Our system still works as long as we outnumber the uninformed masses!

This country has been on a disastrous course for a lot longer than Obama. Lincoln, FDR, it started way back. And all the old people that blame it on "this young generation" are the ones that let/made it happen.

GW Bush was part of the problem too. He was just as pro big government as any of them. The Patriot act took some more of our freedom away. And then be bailed out .govs Wall Street buddy's. More crony capitalism. And that bailout is a large part of the reason Obama got elected IMO.

Our system still works as long as we outnumber the uninformed masses!
But we don't,... that is how we got here in the first place. Having generations of welfare, telling people it's always someone else's fault, rewarding average, dragging down achievers, and paying to work. Those are some of the problems that killed this once great nation. The likes of fuck you, it's all about me, my house is bigger than yours, my car is so cool the seats have to be heated, that type of mind set is the issue. Buy shit you can't afford because the tit's in the ad looked so good, or the ad out smarted your brains ability to separate fact from fiction.

People who own homes & cars they really don't "OWN",... will be 29'ed as the older generation likes to say, hope that greed an gluten taste good when that can of hobo stew is handed to you in line. I hate it for the children I really do, and their parents may learn when their children ask, why are we sleeping under this bridge and eating road kill?

Last edited:

Excellent analogy.

Not really a good analogy. You see the helium atom is measured in pico meters (trillionths of a meter). Where as the ebola virus is measured in nano meters billionths of a meter. Its about 80 x 900 give or take nano meters. So good luck with getting it through the same hole as helium.

I think the point being made was that even things that appear non porous are porous at the atomic level.

I know you all hate govt. But right now they are our first line of defense. Yes I know you all are PHD'S. And just general geniouses. But I think I am in better hands with those who are trained and educated to deal with this. Than I am with you Internet scholars.