• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Botach a good to go Company ?

WK&U

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2005
I'd like to get some feed back on Botach from others here. I planed on buying from them. I seem to recall there might be somthing not right with Botach or are they good to go

Re: Is Botach a good to go Company ?

RUN A SEARCH!!!!

Botach and its garbage business practices have been well-documented here in countless threads including some as recent as a week ago (not to mention their ratings/reviews all over the Internet). Do business with them at your own risk and the risk of your wallet being pillaged mercilessly.

remember the ole term "gettin debo'ed" well its not that anymore, it's "gettin botach'ed" if that helps

Some people have had good experiences with them. I ordered from them once and it went smoothly. I am not defending nor promoting them. Your mileage may vary.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2231275

Mike's thread (posted above) was in response to my thread about how much Botach sucks.

Mike's job is to surf the net, looking for dissatisfied customers, and telling everyone that they are trying hard to make things better. I asked why they didn't hire people to fix the problem rather than hire people to tell the world they want to fix the problem, never really got a response to that one.

If you enjoy insufferable incompetence, Botach is the supplier for you.

Botach has some fantastic prices on stuff sometimes. And if what you order happens to be in stock its usually pretty smooth. If not though it is hit and miss at best.

I have never had a bad experience with them and have ordered 3 times from them. All my orders were here within a few days and all were in great condition.

After seeing so many people's bad experience with them I probably would not order from them again though. I guess I just got lucky on my stuff.

I ordered from them once so far and it went exceedingly smooth. Got a tracking number the next day (I had placed an order late the night before) and within a few business days, boom, I got what I had ordered. I have heard good and bad things from them, the main thing is that they don't tell you what is actually in stock, so when you order something it is going to be a gamble of whether or not it is in. Also I've heard that their customer service is basically non-existent and that the you shouldn't call them, cause they will never answer, you need to e-mail them and what not.

Sounds like it's hit and miss. I've only ordered from them once and it went smooth from what I remember. It's been a few years though.

I placed an order with them spring of last year and I never received my order or a refund. I spent seven months trying to call and email them for answers. They never answered the phone or returned my calls. It would take weeks for them to reply to my emails, but the answer was always that the item was backordered another week or so, and/or that my order would be shipped anyday. I finally gave up as it just wasn't worth the time trying to get my $40. .

Avoid the company like the plague and stick with a real and reputable business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buck Fotach !!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

+1

I have had a few orders with Botach...always one or two minor issues with inventory. If they don't have it in stock, DON'T ORDER IT. But if they have it in stock, then it's alright. I recently got the aimpoint + 3x Mag for 725....that was a steal and I got it in 2 days.

ive heard awful stories about botach but i have never had a problem. I've probably had 15 or so orders from them over the years and my last order a few weeks ago arrived within a week of ordering. Not bad considering shipping time from CA to IL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">remember the ole term "gettin debo'ed" well its not that anymore, it's "gettin botach'ed" if that helps</div></div>

Wait wat?

I ordered once for a smokin price on a Timney trigger. No problems. But, thanks to all for the additional info. Not sure I go back after reading the negative feedbackon them. Funny thing with trust, once its gone it doesn't usually come back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">remember the ole term "gettin debo'ed" well its not that anymore, it's "gettin botach'ed" if that helps</div></div>

Wait wat? </div></div>

LOL....I heard it had to do with a pawn shop that steals your money!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Debo'd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">remember the ole term "gettin debo'ed" well its not that anymore, it's "gettin botach'ed" if that helps</div></div>

Wait wat? </div></div>

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Debo'd</div></div>

We need to do some kind of re-direct on this... thought we had all that burried
laugh.gif

I've actually started to use the phrase Lawton'ed more than Botach'ed, but now I'll throw out a debo'ed every once in a while just to show my command of the urban slang language.

laugh.gif

I'm with the guys that say no to dealing with Botach. I placed an order there for items that they were supposed to have in stock and it took 3 months and numerous phone calls and e-mails until I received the items. Never again.

BIG THANKS: I kind of remeber a negative post here but it was so long ago I wasn't sure. Just to let you know why I asked I went to there web page saw a set of Heinie night sights I'd like to buy so I called to ask question on them and to see if could make a special order. They never retuned my call I called again to get a update they told mey that some one was looking into the matter. Still no call.(WARNING) already a problem with customer service

I recently ordered some camelbak vent gloves from them a couple of weeks ago. I have read bad things about botach, but decided to take the risk as it was only $20 for the gloves. All went well and the gloves came quick. YMMV.

Botach does have good prices on most things, but they're deffinately hit and miss on customer servive. If it's in stock, problems are few. Anything beyond that and you're in for a long haul!

Great prices, if in stock, non-existent customer service! Buyer beware!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">remember the ole term "gettin debo'ed" well its not that anymore, it's "gettin botach'ed" if that helps</div></div>

Wait wat? </div></div>

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Debo'd </div></div>

Watch the movie Friday. Thats actually where the term getting "debo'd" came from.

wink.gif

Botach SUCKS !
I placed an order awhile ago and only received half of my shit. They blamed the shipping courier and I asked them if they shipped 2 boxes for my order and they told me NO only one, well I received the one with only half of my order. How can they ship all of my stuff in one box and I only receive half of the order....... hmmm
I don't know lets just blame it on shipping ! The shipped box was completely sealed. Anyways these pricks never refunded me or called me back !
Stay away!

If they have it in stock, then you're probably okay. If not, they will screw you. I don't order from them anyone.

Botach has the lowest prices because they break all the rules. Sometimes they can't deliver because their suppliers have them under quarantine for not following the policies. Not G2G.

Sometimes their sale prices are so good it might be worth the risk of ordering. I have made a few orders over the years and all have been fine. If worse comes to worse and the order gets fubar you can take it up with your credit card company to recover the funds.

Just got an aimpoint 3x magnifier and mount for half off wherever else..... grey market or whatever that was a deal..

paid Friday, got it Wednesday...free shipping

good to go

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacticaladvant</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Botach has the lowest prices because they break all the rules.</div></div>

That and flat out steal from others. So yes, they may be able to give outrageous deals for some items because they may be screwing other people like me to help subsidize those deals.

But what I really want to know is if they spent some time calculating their risk management stuff. If there was one industry to run a scam with, would it be these crowds of people?They're ripping people off who are military,lEO, Combat vets returning home that are already hacked off, competition shooters, advanced long rang shooters. shady/paradoid people trying to prepare for the end of the world appocalypse.I don't see how their employees don't live in fear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shadowless_sword</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GasLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">remember the ole term "gettin debo'ed" well its not that anymore, it's "gettin botach'ed" if that helps</div></div>

Wait wat? </div></div>

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Debo'd </div></div>

Watch the movie Friday. Thats actually where the term getting "debo'd" came from.

wink.gif
</div></div>He's joking about his buddy Debo/GL who owns a pawn shop.

Glad I ran across this thread, reminded me I STILL haven't received my ENO hammock that I ordered last March! Here's another vote for STAY AWAY.

Jacob

Hey guys -

I'm sorry that so many of you have had such bad experiences with Botach. Just like the link to my post that RancidCooler cited, we do work to improve but clearly there's some more work to be done. That's ok, I'm up to the task. I don't just talk about how we are trying to fix things, I'm the person who helps you fix your problem. I get many emails from SnipersHide members asking for my help and I will continue to make myself available to help anybody who needs it. I'm not trying to debate individual situations or change anybody's minds, you shop and spend your hard earned money where you feel most comfortable, but I am available to answer any questions and eleviate any concerns some may have.

You can email me at [email protected] or call me at 323-420-3693 (email is usually the best method to contact any of us, even if the email is just to say 'please call me') and I am more than happy to try to fix any problems you have.

Best Regards,
Mike
[email protected]

I had a good experience with Botach despite all the rhetoric. Thanks!

I had an interesting dealing with this company. I order some mags and misc pistol parts from them. The order arrived within 10 days of my placing it. About 6 months after I had gotten my order I get a package from them. It was the same stuff? I check my CC and had not been billed. I was going to keep it and then decided to send it back. I called the company and told them what happened. They said that they would get back with me. Over the next couple weeks I must have had 4 of them call me to confirm that I wanted to send the items back to them. They said that they could not believe someone would actually return items that they did not pay for. Then they tried to stick me with the return postage......

Overall it was a good experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delfuego</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a good experience with Botach despite all the rhetoric. Thanks! </div></div>

Why can't you just say you had a good experience? Why do you feel you need to add "despite all the rhetoric" as if the complaints are not legitimate because they don't align with your experience?

Sounds like you're looking to stir a conflict

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then they tried to stick me with the return postage...... </div></div>

No good deed goes unpunished?

I've had a handful of bad experiences, but lately, in the last few months, they are top notch.

The last 3 orders I have placed were tax free, free shipping, and showed up in the same week.