• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is Botach a good to go Company ?

Re: Is Botach a good to go Company ?

bad business. Ordered a holster and after 3 months of waiting and a dozen phone calls I still didnt have my holster. They did eventually issue a refund. Also ordered a pair of boots on the same order and they sent the wrong size, after about 6 weeks of waiting.

I have ordered several items from them without issue however I always call and check status on product before I order..... I also hear horror stories so proceed at your own risk!

I have always had great luck there. They will always make it right, otherwise it's credit card fraud/wire fraud. Bottom line, their prices make other issues tolerable if you pay by credit card. Really like the idea of calling ahead to make sure product is in stock.

Stay Away. "In-stock" items couldn't be found. Customer service is terrible. Would not return calls and gave conflicting info when I actually got a hold of a person. Emails and calls to Mike (customer service guy who has posted on this site) went unanswered. After a month of games I was finally able to cancel the order. Never again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Delfuego</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a good experience with Botach despite all the rhetoric. Thanks! </div></div>

It is not "rhetoric", it's paying customers being screwed by an unscrupulous company.

When your company's name becomes a verb, it's time to pack it in.

I've bought from them sporadically over the last 15 years and had great luck, back in the early days they had some serious problems, but I've learned to check with them the next day after the order to make sure that all is GTG and nothing backordered

I don't buy from them anymore. If they have it in stock then you are likely okay. But if not, they will take your money and won't send you the product, you may wait months or longer without any response or reliable update.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flatland308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have ordered several items from them without issue however I always call and check status on product before I order..... I also hear horror stories so proceed at your own risk!</div></div>

This is the only way to order. Call them first, if they have it in stock, you'll likely get a good experience. Order blindly, be prepared to dispute it with your CC company. Which brings me to... don't use a debit card when ordering.

I had to call the BBB on them, however that was a few years ago. I try to learn from my mistakes. I have never ordered since.

I have ordered twice, both had problems and had to call mulitple times. awesome prices though.
wont use them again
if you do order, use the leo sales lady, she was much more together than the other people

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red Belly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had to call the BBB on them, however that was a few years ago. I try to learn from my mistakes. I have never ordered since. </div></div>

Ditto. In fact, I didn't even get a response from Botach's CS until after the BBB got involved.

It seems they've improved their BBB rating to an A+ in the few years since I tried ordering from them, but the fact that there are still tons of complaints means they haven't changed a bit. They've just gotten better at responding to complaints and shilling.

Hi
Never ever will I do business again with them, they ripped me off $60. My complains were ignored.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

When your company's name becomes a verb, it's time to pack it in. </div></div>

Kinda like the famous, "You got knocked the fuck out!", but only slightly less famous: "You got botached!"

Cue Mike, the Botach "Service" guy... making the company better by searching forums for complaints, then telling customers he is sorry and will work on fixing the problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems they've improved their BBB rating to an A+ in the few years since I tried ordering from them...</div></div>

You DO realize that's just because they paid the BBB bill, right?

1911fan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911fan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rfb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems they've improved their BBB rating to an A+ in the few years since I tried ordering from them...</div></div>

You DO realize that's just because they paid the BBB bill, right?
</div></div>

SWFA's got an A+ too, but I'd never say it's because they "paid the BBB bill." It's not especially hard for a lousy company to still get a good grade.

I've ordered some things from them in the past & it has worked out.

M&P 45 mags... 10 & 14 rd....

The 10's were in stock and I got them fast. The 14's I got a few months later.

I just ordered a Camelbak HAWG 500 for dirt cheap from them this week and it shipped the next day.

It is really a risk vs. reward issue with them. If you are willing to take the risk of time & customer service issues, your reward will be super low prices.

BBB is completely freaking WORTHLESS.

I've actually been to their physical store. It's in an area that is less than desirable off Crenshaw in L.A., think "boyz in the hood" Crenshaw. Anyways, this place is in a building that used to be a pawn shop. They have racks about 15 feet high full of bins full of stuff, so they do have merchandise on hand, it always seems to be the stuff I'm not buying though.

I have ordered from them several times in the past and it's been 50/50 in stock vs back ordered. My last order had one item n stock and one out. They held my order and didn't charge me until both items were in, which was about a month.

So if you are willing to wait, they are good. If you want to do what others suggest and call first that is probably a better idea.

They do have smoking prices on some items and I saw they are now, or were, doing free shipping and no tax for California customers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buck Fotach !!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NUTT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just ordered a Camelbak HAWG 500 for dirt cheap from them this week and it shipped the next day. </div></div>

It showed up yesterday. Exactly what I ordered, exactly what I wanted.

That said... it was a $130 bag on sale for $70. I saved $60 and if it would've gone to back-order limbo for 3 months I wouldn't have cared.

I'm not going to buy anything from them I need soon or that is above my $$ threshold for spare cash.

I am hit or miss with the company. They have a nice variety and good prices, but sometimes they just dont tell you the products are on backorder. The Customer service isnt the best...

Aimpoint 3x magnifiers are down to $300 with mount..

how can anyone hate that

REALLY

I don't know how they're doing lately, but 10+ years ago when I ordered from them, they shipped my order twice, billed me twice and said too bad, it's not their fault. So I haven't ordered anything from them since. I haven't "needed" anything from them that I couldn't get elsewhere.

~Mitch

As last I checked Mike is no longer with that horrible company! I can not get those mofo's to stop emailing me crap! I got burned by them on a buy and ahve not been able to get them to stop sending me SPAM!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2231275

Mike's thread (posted above) was in response to my thread about how much Botach sucks.

Mike's job is to surf the net, looking for dissatisfied customers, and telling everyone that they are trying hard to make things better. I asked why they didn't hire people to fix the problem rather than hire people to tell the world they want to fix the problem, never really got a response to that one.

If you enjoy insufferable incompetence, Botach is the supplier for you.

</div></div>

If I want to gamble with my money, I'll go to Vegas. What I don't get is that otherwise rational people, in the desire to save a couple of bucks, will roll the dice knowing good and well that it's not a matter of if, but when, you get screwed over dealing with this company.

I didn't have any problems with them.

I have had both sides of the experience. Items in stock ship fast. Items not will take a while. However they have NEVER charged me until they shipped the items.

When I ordered my MS3 sling, they were out of stock like everyone else. The same day Midway showed it in stock, it was at my door from Botach. Obviously your mileage will vary, but I will order from them again if the price is right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

When your company's name becomes a verb, it's time to pack it in. </div></div>

Kinda like the famous, "You got knocked the fuck out!", but only slightly less famous: "You got botached!" </div></div>

I've never ordered from them, but have heard that phrase.........thus, I'll never order from them. Think the OP got his question answered.

I've had no problems the two times I've placed orders. Cheapest price on M&P mags I could find $21 and some change plus free shipping.

When I saw this thread yesterday it scared the crap out of me as I had placed a $100 order with them last Saturday. That being said, my order arrived today, packed well and as advertised. The main item, a Camelbak Motherload 500 in desert digital for $79.90, was what made the deal so great for me. You can't find this used for that low a price, and everything is no tax, free shipping.

I will check on in-stock status in the future, as suggested, but with prices this good, I will risk it again.

Just my 2 cents.

Roger

well certainly i can't speak for those that had bad experiences, but ive done a few orders and had no problems and quick shipping. it is a bit of a risk but sometimes they have items on such ridiculous sale (magpul stocks, bunch of very nice backpacks, etc) that i couldn't pass it up. friends who have also ordered from them had no problems. i think the problems are certainly in the minority, but rightfully so those that get burned make it well known so you hear about it everywhere. they aren't a great company customer service wise but i don't really get fearful of getting completely screwed over.

This was just posted last week........
Here was my response............
Come on folks

With all of the sketchy reviews, hit and miss service, and issues with this company, I am constantly amazed that anyone would order from them. Then post about it.
There are plenty of Hide vendors here that offer up great deals, and have no issues with product, or customer service. It is well worth it to me to have my order placed with confidence.

everyone is lying botach is the best company - they only want to scare you off so they can get the best deals and excellent CS

also SSS- sharp shooter supply has the best customer service of any gunsmith

try to contact them by phone to see if your item is in stock before ordering.