• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is cerakote okay for an action?

Ghillie21

Private
Minuteman
  • Sep 16, 2020
    California
    I want to get my remington 700 barreled action cerakoted, but I'm worried that this may affect headspace or be bad for my action specifically. I can't find anything online about it being safe or not.

Also, If I want to cerakote my barreled action, will I have to take out the trigger and the bolt? Is it fine if I just don't get the bolt cerakoted?

Take the trigger off and bolt out. Also, remove bolt stop. They should handle the rest if they know what they’re doing.

Would I need to take the trigger out? or plug both ends of the barrel?
    Leave the bolt in so they can coat your bolt knob. If you know how to remove the trigger (it's simple and you can find it on Ya'llTube), remove it. What about your bottom metal? I'd want it to be the same color as the rest of the action, along with the actions screws. If you don't want something coated, tell them and they will simply mask it off.

Last edited: