• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Is hawke optics a good scope?

scotty4739

Private
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2012
hey guys my name is scott from sydney australia and im new to the gun community so please be gentle :0P

i am looking to buy a scope for my rifle, currently have a cz 455 22lr and a tikka t3 lite 308

right now i got a z3 series on my tikka by swarovski but am looking for somehting thats alittle more high power zooming ( greater then 4 - 12 x 50 )

the scope i am looking at is a Hawke Sidewinder 30 SF 6-24x56
½ Mil Dot 20X Reticle

http://www.deben.com/hawke-sidewinder-30...0x-mil-dot.html

now this scope looks good, and is at a decent price ( 500 cost aprox, i am trying to stick to a budget which kind of sucks )

though i dont know much about this brand or this scope so im hoping some one out there might be able to give me some input, a person review upon using this scope, pros and cons or any other information would be great

thanks again guys for any / all replys

Re: Is hawke optics a good scope?

I had the 6.5-20X42 and it served me well until I upgraded to a SS 5-20. I like the locking turrets and reticle but it was not even close to the SS. I would suggest, like you always hear, buy once, cry once.

Almost anything can handle the light recoil of the 22lr. Check out the rim section here in the Hide. There are various discussions of what to get for the 22lr.

But for your .308, I'd recommend Bushnell, SWFA, Millet, NF or better.

Depending on your price point. But the SWFA SS line is a good bang for the buck.

As he stated, hes in Australia. SWFA doesnt ship internationally, so a SS is probably off the books. For the same price as the Hawke is was looking at (Which really is just airsoft quality) a Falcon, Millet or Bushnell would be the way to go for someone outside the USA.

airsoft quality? they do state that its all cal rated though ?
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scotty4739</div><div class="ubbcode-body">airsoft quality? they do state that its all cal rated though ?
frown.gif
</div></div>

A friend has sent his back twice. It broke again so now he wants his money back from the company. Need I say more?

Don't believe anybody that tells you it's almost Nightforce quality for 1/4 the price, LOL.

thanks for the feedback guys, im actually kind of suprised about the mixed reviews with having some people for and aginst and inbetween