• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Is It Just Me Or .............

turbochad

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2009
KY
Is the Burris Fullfield 6.5x20x50 super crisp, clear, and well built? This scope really impressed me compared to scopes that are much more expensive. I was going to buy the Zeiss in the same power and might still do it but the Burris has me thinking. You can pay a lot more for the tactical version but for me the target turrets and mildot is not worth the extra cash. Don't get me wrong, in low light the Zeiss really shines and I hate the front focus on the Burris but in normal daylight the Burris is every bit as clear even at 20 power. Anyone else have the Burris?

Re: Is It Just Me Or .............

IME the Fullfields represent a good value. They are not equal to a $2000 scope but for 90% of us and 90% of our shooting they will work very well. I just bought a 3-9x40 30mm green tactical fullfield closeout for $225.00. Certainly as good as a VX II Loopie. It is going on my "poorboy" tactical rig in lightweight Talley mounts. Rifle is a new Marlin XLS 270 WCF that cost $325.00 delivered! it will get a Versa pod too and I'll have a $600 ready to go rig that in reviews thus far is easily a sub MOA rifle.
pop_wm_1143956.jpg

FFII_tactical2_04.jpg

Yea I have the 6x20x50. I get to use it tomorrow and see how I like it with the option of returning it for the Zeiss. I can't believe the clarity of the Burris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IME the Fullfields represent a good value. They are not equal to a $2000 scope but for 90% of us and 90% of our shooting they will work very well. I just bought a 3-9x40 30mm green tactical fullfield closeout for $225.00. Certainly as good as a VX II Loopie. It is going on my "poorboy" tactical rig in lightweight Talley mounts. Rifle is a new Marlin XLS 270 WCF that cost $325.00 delivered! it will get a Versa pod too and I'll have a $600 ready to go rig that in reviews thus far is easily a sub MOA rifle.
pop_wm_1143956.jpg

FFII_tactical2_04.jpg

</div></div>

Thats the same exact scope that I have on my AR15, The $250 I spent on it was well worth it!

The one I "bought" was $459. The thing is, I can get the Zeiss in the same power for $719 which is a steal. Most people get more then that for them used. I thought a lot about it last night and I think I am going to go back and get the Zeiss unless the Burris really blows my mind today on the gun. Anyone else have opinions on the Burris?

Remember a lot of the Zeiss price is exchange rate driven and the "name" value.
Not sure the warranty is as good as Burris. And there are a lot of different Zeiss models, so whether it's a "deal" depends on which it is. You can buy a new Conquest on ebay for $760 with a dealer lifetime warranty.
You can buy a lot of ammo for the price difference!
The super sniper is an OK scope at 10X, the 16 & 20 are not. None are the quality of the Burris.

Shot with it yesterday and I am overly impressed. It also feels like it is built very well. It stayed super clear and repeated all day long. Hit bullseye on my 3rd shot at 300yds