• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Is it possible to setup an auto search function?

drew_235

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 22, 2019
Minnesota
I may be breaking the rules by posting this question here since I have nothing to sell with this post, but I figured it would get the most eyeballs in this forum.
Is it possible to set up an automated search function for various forums so that every time someone posts a thread with the word "Dillon" in the reloading PX, I get notified? Or "bipod" in the accessories PX? etc.
With the traffic and volume of things for sale, items drop off the front page pretty quick. Has anyone found a way to do this?

I “watch” sub forums that interest me. You get notified for each new thread in the sub forum and can sort through them on one page each time you come to the forum. Not exactly what you’re looking for, but I’m more of an impulse buyer so I like it.

Fantastic, care to share how it is done?

In 2011 I realized I could not win any used machinery auctions in the Business and Industrial section on Ebay. When I closely studied the bid history there were numerous bids placed in the last few seconds. The winners were using bid sniping programs or services. So I started using them and havent lost an auction since. No idea how wide spread their use is in other categories, now—9 years later. But Im still winning all the deals and rare items I want...

So no. Im not going to give away my edge on finding deals when it comes to this forum. Or all the other forums. Its all done the same way...

In 2011 I realized I could not win any used machinery auctions in the Business and Industrial section on Ebay. When I closely studied the bid history there were numerous bids placed in the last few seconds. The winners were using bid sniping programs or services. So I started using them and havent lost an auction since. No idea how wide spread their use is in other categories, now—9 years later. But Im still winning all the deals and rare items I want...

So no. Im not going to give away my edge on finding deals when it comes to this forum. Or all the other forums. Its all done the same way...

Thanks...

Why do you think anyone should just share it with you?
I don't, nor did I imply that you should, or that I was entitled to your knowledge. I simply replied with a single word, the same way you did to my original post.

To be absolutely clear, the intent of my original post was to inquire whether there was a built in forum function that I had not yet discovered.

Cause they want to be spoon fed over working hard to figure it out.

Not my intent. While not absolutely clear to start with, the intent of my post was to determine if there was some built in forum function. There apparently is not.
I am not entitled to anyone's intellectual knowledge - you will never see my imply that.

Screenshot_20200109-191104_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Charlie112