• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is it time to move to China?

Yes. You should haul ass and not look back.

Just watched Anthony Bourdain Shanghai, and it was an interesting insight. China figured out that communism doesn't work. They embraced capitalism, but are embarrassed to admit it, because that would say they were wrong, and no one can have that, so they are still pretending to be communists. But in reality, the stuff they are doing is capitalism on steroids! China is the second country with the most billionaires. How do you figure? and more of them come up everyday!

China minting billionaires at 'phenomenal' rate: Forbes

On a funny note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGo96xzNSEs

All those Chinese billionaires are corrupt oligarchs who are grabbing as much wealth as they can and moving it out of China. It's called graft and China suffers wildly from it. This is the way it has been for awhile, and those Chinese billionaires are the one's who are planning on changing citizenship in the near future.

This should not surprise anyone. As you sit at your desk in front of your computer, look around the desk and see how many items you have that are still made in America. My guess....not too many

This should not surprise anyone. As you sit at your desk in front of your computer, look around the desk and see how many items you have that are still made in America. My guess....not too many

Yes, you are right!
Funny thing, it's still the people's republic of china. Supposedly communist.
How come to they don't redistribute all those billions to the masses? Communism right? My butt!

With Russia's ruble going down hill, would China think there is an opportunity? Meaning a chance to be "The" superpower.

China has many issues, been there many times over the last 10 years, leadership are more corrupt than our guys, and our guys are pretty bad. Great people there, some hard working mofos, joe chinese citizens love Americans, more than any other foreigner. Interesting to watch them go through a hyper industrial revolution. They lack energy resources so they will never truly be a great global power but they are a big country that is getting richer by the day, their middle class still lives worse off than our welfare people but as they get more educated and richer (relatively speaking) they have less kids and become an older country, its already happening, their growth will stabilize and they will move production up the value chain. This is of course if they don't break down into factional in fighting, which historically has been the case. If you get a chance to visit go do it,don't just visit the big cities visit the villiages too. Some of the most beautiful girls in the world are in China.

China has many issues, been there many times over the last 10 years, leadership are more corrupt than our guys, and our guys are pretty bad. Great people there, some hard working mofos, joe chinese citizens love Americans, more than any other foreigner. Interesting to watch them go through a hyper industrial revolution. They lack energy resources so they will never truly be a great global power but they are a big country that is getting richer by the day, their middle class still lives worse off than our welfare people but as they get more educated and richer (relatively speaking) they have less kids and become an older country, its already happening, their growth will stabilize and they will move production up the value chain. This is of course if they don't break down into factional in fighting, which historically has been the case. If you get a chance to visit go do it,don't just visit the big cities visit the villiages too. Some of the most beautiful girls in the world are in China.

Good analysis, I learned something! Thanks for the input.
The pervading trend with countries growing out of poverty is that citizens, as they get richer, want more democracy, which typically causes infighting between old and new guards.

What scares me about China is their hard work, self-reliance, coupled with being content with less, something that we would be hard pressed to say we still have, especially with the younger generation.
success tends to make people and countries alike complacent. People start thinking it is automatic. Others will do it, or fix it for us. Today, we can't pass the easiest laws and sometimes come up with the easiest solutions. Our people are increasingly demanding, but seem willing to offer little to their country. Meanwhile emerging economies are waking up, and they do more for less. In China, the leaders are corrupt, but the people are hungry and seem willing.

Here, the leaders might be corrupt, but the people seem complacent, more interested in entertainment, selfies, celebrities, rather than participating in their country's development. The idea seems to be, someone else will fix it, or someone else will figure it out. That's what concerns me.

Did not want to get into the domestic situation in China but it will sort itself out, our own situation is okay comparatively with the industrialized world, I dont agree with our economic policy over the past 45 years but we are where we are and its better than the rest of the world, believe me on this. Can we be better , yes, but we only get better when the sht hits the fan and we are forced to make major changes. Dont ever underestimate the good ole USA, as fkd up as we think we are we aint that bad, we self correct. As far as anyone kicking our ass, it aint going to happen, not in our life time or our grand kids life time. I say this as a anti government, pro constitution, bible fearing, gun toting, upper middle class white guy who readily get pissed at some o the sht I see happening in our country.

If you are interested in economic development and major economic power gamesmanship read up on the India China rivalry/competition, we only stand to make out well when both these countries really come into their own.

All those Chinese billionaires are corrupt oligarchs who are grabbing as much wealth as they can and moving it out of China. It's called graft and China suffers wildly from it. This is the way it has been for awhile, and those Chinese billionaires are the one's who are planning on changing citizenship in the near future.

They are doing the same here

They are doing the same here

We've institutionalized it to the point of it becoming quasi-legal, and by we I mean them.

Most American power elites are quite comfortable with the way things are progressing, while the Chinese are much more apprehensive.

Is anyone here old enough to remember the panic ~30 years ago when everyone thought Japan was going to take over the world. Never happened. Call me s shameless patriot but I think the American experiment is still succeeding.

They can have all the billions of soldiers they want. They still have to get them across the ocean without being detected.
I see hundreds of thousads of Chinese soldiers drowning in the Pacific courtesy of Mk 48 torpedoes

Last edited:
It always breaks eventually... the question should not be what if Atlas shrugged.. but what if we shrugged Atlas

Ugh. that book was too long to read and I never saw the movie. Ayn Rand.

Last edited: