• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is it worth while to pull xm193 and reload with better projectiles?

Phantom309

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2013
Arenzville IL
I have been sitting on a new press since Christmas, but can't find enough components to run it. I do have a pile of unfired xm193 5.56, and was considering pulling the bullets, and replacing them with something a bit more interesting, like vmax or game kings. My spst really seems to like 65gr sgk, and I have a box of those bullets. Should I spend the time? Or wait for primers and powder to turn up?

I would wait. I have the same thing going on here bunch of loaded 885/193ss and a few boxes of 62 grain Barnes TTSX. I almost pulled afew to load up. But decided not to. Not exacly sure on the powder and then what am I going to do with the pulled projoctiles? got no powder or primers... So I say wait. You'll get components at some point.

I say shoot the loaded ammo you have, then you'l have 1x brass :) By the time you run out you should have been able to find powder & primers. Lots more fun to shoot them than pull them (guessing here, I have never pulled bullets, it doesn't sound too exciting though)

Fist, I'd say it depends on the gun it's going in. If it's a semi-auto, I'd say, keep them the same however if for a bolt gun, I'd say possibly pull the bullet and reseat closer to the lands.

If it were me, I wouldn't go through the effort.

Also, is this tracer? If so, you'll want to be careful where you shoot it...several fires have been started due to tracer ammo.