• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Is K&P rifle barrels still in business?

ward00

Private
Minuteman
Apr 1, 2009
Or do they just not answer the phone or emails?

They are still in business. Hard to make barrels and answer the phone I imagine. Did you leave a message?

Ok, I'm wrong then. But then I found this...

LRI is extremely proud to be the exclusive distributor for K/P barrels.

Reactions: Geno C.
That might be true, but there are plenty of others that shoot them that didn’t get them from LRI. The ones I’m aware of got them straight from Ken.

Ordered a .375 cal blank direct from Ken about a month ago. 2 weeks from placing order to delivery!!!

Running a 7mm barrel from him currently and it shoots very well.

Reactions: Geno C.
Lets clear the air a bit here:

1. K&P Barrel company is very much in business and doing well.
2. I (LRI) purchases a lot of sticks from Ken, but we are not the exclusive distributor. That has been talked about off/on, but it has never been inked.

Ken is getting on in years. The drive this man has is nothing short of impressive. I hope I have that much lead in my pencil when I hit that age. That said: His one escape to do things he likes to do is 50 caliber bench rest. From time to time he will make the drive to Raton to go sling lead at the Tubb range. When that happens, the phone does not get answered.

Ken also recently lost his dog. That little rat mutt had been with him for over 20 years and as any dog lover will tell you, losing one is nothing short of tough.

Ken also has grandkids and he doesn't get to see them all that often which is unfortunate. When the opportunity surfaces, he makes sure he's available.

So, there are two ways to solve the communication gap: You can be patient and wait to get through to him or you can call us and place the order. I have a direct line of sight to Ken so its a bit easier.

Happy to help.

C.

Lets clear the air a bit here:

1. K&P Barrel company is very much in business and doing well.
2. I (LRI) purchases a lot of sticks from Ken, but we are not the exclusive distributor. That has been talked about off/on, but it has never been inked.

Ken is getting on in years. The drive this man has is nothing short of impressive. I hope I have that much lead in my pencil when I hit that age. That said: His one escape to do things he likes to do is 50 caliber bench rest. From time to time he will make the drive to Raton to go sling lead at the Tubb range. When that happens, the phone does not get answered.

Ken also recently lost his dog. That little rat mutt had been with him for over 20 years and as any dog lover will tell you, losing one is nothing short of tough.

Ken also has grandkids and he doesn't get to see them all that often which is unfortunate. When the opportunity surfaces, he makes sure he's available.

So, there are two ways to solve the communication gap: You can be patient and wait to get through to him or you can call us and place the order. I have a direct line of sight to Ken so its a bit easier.

Happy to help.

C.
He shoots at Spearpoint too sometimes 😉

Reactions: northern50
Ken was the one I just missed meeting during my tenure at HS. He left right before I started, and got back in the area just after I moved to Scotland. Good guy, great work. He don't know me from Adam, but Chad give him my best from Florida next time you see him

--JR

Just bought one on the hide. Glad I did shoots very well.

I called K&P to ask a few questions about 2 months back. While there wasn't an answer, the owner Ken called back within 15 minutes. He was very easy to talk with. Since they were only offering the blank Ken recommended LRI. Since I know Chad turns out stellar work, that made the process as simple as can be by ordering the prefit barrel straight through LRI.

I live an hour north of Milwaukee Wi.. (barrel maker central) I buy all my barrels from Ken for good reason. One of the coolest, most knowledgeable guys I know. Ken is in full swing out in Rapid and busy as ever. If you get a voice mail leave a message of what you need/want, he will get back to you.