• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Is LawtonMachine out of Business?

bronco9588

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2011
Charleston, SC
I have been shopping for a rifle action and came across the Lawton website. They do not have a phone number listed on their website and I have not heard back from them for 3 different e-mails.

Re: Is LawtonMachine out of Business?

Do a search and stay away. There have been multiple threads about their troubles.

Eddie

Lawton is all sorts of screwed up and is effectively out of business. Move on and be thankful they didn't answer the emails.

After Barney died things went into a tail spin. His son tried to keep things going but it wasn't in the cards. You can occasionally get someone on the phone. To all the bashers, give a little respect. Barney has passed and bashing what is left (read nothing) helps no-one. Let sleeping dogs lay.

Look at a Stiller, Surgeon, Defiance, You won't be disappointed with the action or the people you will be dealing with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: X Ring Accuracy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After Barney died things went into a tail spin. His son tried to keep things going but it wasn't in the cards. You can occasionally get someone on the phone. To all the bashers, give a little respect. Barney has passed and bashing what is left (read nothing) helps no-one. Let sleeping dogs lay. </div></div>

Pretty easy to say "Let sleeping dogs lay" if you weren't the one out any money isn't it? Where did son learn what he did concerning ethics and morales? My guess is from the 'sleeping dog'. I only had a couple of phone convesations with Barney but that is all it took to buy 4 actions elsewhere!!!! Just because someone "has passed" don't have squat to do with those who haven't yet.

I'm a Stiller man, myself.

Yes, apparently this is an old subject with a lot of history.

Before my last build I shot email to Lawton and didn't recieve a reply either and, I started searching the site and found out what had happened.

I didn't get a response either... be glad you didn't. ( it is sad however for everyone involved... those that get crapped on and, the business that was so successful before )

When was Lawton Sr's passing? Its a true shame to see a good (company) name be ruined.

what about Bighorn Arms. everyone here keeps screaming about supporting the Site Supporters. So lets support them.

thank you
joe

So LMT semi guns are a different company right? I have not owned and am unfamilar with the LMT gas guns, so i dont know if they are one in same as Lawton Machine or what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GPRIPPERS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So LMT semi guns are a different company right? I have not owned and am unfamilar with the LMT gas guns, so i dont know if they are one in same as Lawton Machine or what? </div></div>

Yes different company. Lewis Machine & Tool.

So one of my old email stuck, and got a response.

Mr. Carr,

Thank you for your inquiry to Lawton Machine LLC. Please be advised that Lawton Machine LLC is no longer in business.

A new company has acquired the rights to manufacture Lawton actions. We anticipate starting production in the next few months. We are currently working on our website and hope to have it up in the next month or so. Please keep checking the website for further information.

Regards,

John