• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is my Remington 700 safe?

Mdeezyh2

Private
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2022
Wisconsin
I have a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 that I put a krg bravo and a triggertech diamond trigger on. After I installed the trigger, I noticed that sometimes when I'm doing a function check, the firing pin doesn't stay in the cooked position every time. If I run the bolt forward hard, when I pull it to the down position, the firing pin seems to drop. This doesn't seem safe. I don't know if it's always done this. I only started noticing after I installed the elf 700 trigger. I got the triggertech because I thought the elf was the problem but it does the same thing. Would this happen if there was a round in it? Would it fire the round when I close the bolt? Trying to figure out if it's safe before I go shoot it again. Thanks.

I have a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .308 that I put a krg bravo and a triggertech diamond trigger on. After I installed the trigger, I noticed that sometimes when I'm doing a function check, the firing pin doesn't stay in the cooked position every time. If I run the bolt forward hard, when I pull it to the down position, the firing pin seems to drop. This doesn't seem safe. I don't know if it's always done this. I only started noticing after I installed the elf 700 trigger. I got the triggertech because I thought the elf was the problem but it does the same thing. Would this happen if there was a round in it? Would it fire the round when I close the bolt? Trying to figure out if it's safe before I go shoot it again. Thanks.
I believe triggertech states the Diamond trigger is for 700 clone actions only. I have no trouble with my TT special.

It’s normal on trigger techs, turn the weight up to stop it even though that’s a bummer or just run it slower. Tt claims it won’t fire.

Can’t speak to the elf

Reactions: MouthMechanic
Common on 700 from what I’ve seen. Happened on two of mine also. You have to run the bolt not hard or fast from my findings. On clones it seems not to happen

It’s normal on trigger techs, turn the weight up to stop it even though that’s a bummer or just run it slower. Tt claims it won’t fire.

Can’t speak to the elf
Had one fire last week. I’ve had two fire now. First one TT said send it in and we need to study/ test it. Replaced for free and then the new one did it last week. Yep slow and weight turned way up is the only fix i saw on a 700

Did some more testing. Even with the TT Special tuned to 1.75 lbs I can still get it to drop. Takes a lot of force. One thing I did discover: it will not (at least did not) fire a live round. I am assuming that's because the firing pin does not fully pull back until the bolt is brought down. Seems like a good excuse to replace with a custom action.

This doesn't seem safe.
You have a real flair from massive understatement. By the by, the text in red bold font is exactly as shown on TT's website....I didn't add this emphasis.

1657492540973.png

ITs safe, as per trigger tech, it is following not dropping the pin. The trigger needs timed to the action to stop it, but its really a non-issue.

Citation?

I look on TT site and all they have that's sort of related is wrt to AR's as shown below. But I don't see where they address this at all wrt to bolt guns.

View attachment 7909562

I did find this, however:

View attachment 7909567
Interesting, I would have to dig through a few years of old e-mails to find where trigger tech told me that, but apparently they have changed their tune.

Reactions: Baron23
ITs safe, as per trigger tech, it is following not dropping the pin. The trigger needs timed to the action to stop it, but its really a non-issue.

I know I'm bumping the thread up there, but this is exactly why I can't stand all the nut swingers loving on trigger tech.

Just give us the ability to adjust the sear!

I started buying Bix & Andy. They will sell you a trigger that is actually able to be made safe and fully functional, without having to crank the holding weight up.

Remington actions suck for consistency. But trigger tech chooses to ignore it and not allow sear adjustment without voiding the warranty. Why would I buy a trigger that I can only 1/2 tune?
I've seen it on the specials also. Fit one action great, after I tried it in 4 others that it would never pick up the stricker.

Reactions: 308pirate
I'll have to look into this thank you for bringing it to my attention...

Mike R.

Trigger Techs are fine if you know what you are doing ,
I know I'm bumping the thread up there, but this is exactly why I can't stand all the nut swingers loving on trigger tech.

Just give us the ability to adjust the sear!

I started buying Bix & Andy. They will sell you a trigger that is actually able to be made safe and fully functional, without having to crank the holding weight up.

Remington actions suck for consistency. But trigger tech chooses to ignore it and not allow sear adjustment without voiding the warranty. Why would I buy a trigger that I can only 1/2 tune?
I've seen it on the specials also. Fit one action great, after I tried it in 4 others that it would never pick up the stricker.
Haha, another wannabe expert . Sweet story bro !

Go buy a Jewell.
No more issue.
I've had them down to 4 ounce on a bone stock rem 700....no problem, completely safe.
Or maybe buy the right Trigger Tech in the first place . Anyone that has to crank the weight on a TT has no right to touch a trigger .

Or maybe buy the right Trigger Tech in the first place . Anyone that has to crank the weight on a TT has no right to touch a trigger .

We found another trigger tech fanboy

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: OHOHOHOHOH lordy, We got a necro troll clusterfuck going down here. Can any of you three read an entire thread?

I was relaying information given to me from trigger tech that was outdated, and incorrect. I mean it was two posts past the one quoted, and was literally the last post in thread. As you can see from other posts, other people received the same incorrect information around the same time. @Baron23 corrected us with more recent information.

Its pretty wild how many trigger I have put in Remingtons and never had to adjust a sear. Weird. Timney, trigger tech, Gieselle, Huber. Seems most of the sear problems we hear about are in custom actions.

Reactions: Baron23