• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Is my thinking correct?? Opinions needed

Spart

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2009
Houston Texas
I am wanting to suppress two calibers with one can. 308 and 338
My thought was to purchase either a SF FA338SS or a TB 338BA and alternate between calibers with each weapon having an MB. So my questions are which of the two cans and why? Am I looking at this correctly?

All opinions welcome

Re: Is my thinking correct?? Opinions needed

I did the same, but I'm going to be using a AAC TitanTI QD - .308's suppress very well on .338 cans, good call!

Thanks AL for the input, have you had the pleasure of making this happen yet? What made you pick the AAC Titan?

I have heard really great feed back regarding the SS Titan. Well now that the TI QD model is out and with the new AAC price structure, it was a easy decision.

I like a big fat can, it's dia is 1.85"! Plus it will work on my 308 and 338, so that's a win win!

Also, the TitanTi QD can is super light 20 oz.

Sorry for the poor cell phone pic's, but you get the point!

Picture556.jpg

Picture555.jpg

It's still in my dealers possession, so I'm semi patiently waiting for my stamps.

Looks good,patience is a plus for sure my last one took 4months 10days for the stamp how long have you been waiting? Also what did you mean by AAC has a new price structure?

Thunder Beast 338 BA (Titanium)
Length: 10.4 inches.
Diameter: 1.8 inches.
Weight: 23.4 ounces
MSRP: $1875

Sure Fire FA338SS (Stainless)
<span style="color: #006600">Length: 11.00 inches (adds only 6.4" to firearm)</span>
<span style="color: #993399">Diameter: 1.5 inches</span>
Weight: 23.0 ounces
MSRP: $2050

AAC TITAN QD (Titanium)
Length: 10" ((adds only 8.4" to firearm)
Diameter: 1.85"
Weight: 20 oz
MSRP: $ 1995

SRT Titanium SHADOW LM (Titanium)
Length: 10.5"
<span style="color: #993399">Diameter: 1.5"</span>
<span style="color: #996633">Weight: 17 </span>
<span style="color: #990000">MSRP: $ 1650</span>

AAC dropped the price on a lot of thier cans - the Titan Ti QD use to be MSRP for something like $3K now it's down to around $ 2K, but I even got it for less than that!

I'm just starting the long wait, BATF&E just cashed my check last week. I would like to think I will have the Titan by or before Christmas.

After I get it, I have lots of range time I need to get in, I have a Barberry Sheep hunt scheduled in TX this coming February.

The TBAC or Titan QD would be my pick. 2 really good suppressors and 2 really good companies to deal with.

Thanks c_bass

Can I assume they are listed in your recommended priority?

Thanks Bacarrat

What part of town are you in? Would you recommend a local purchase or internet?

338 titan ti for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Al Rick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC dropped the price on a lot of thier cans - the Titan Ti QD use to be MSRP for something like $3K now it's down to around $ 2K, but I even got it for less than that!

I'm just starting the long wait, BATF&E just cashed my check last week. I would like to think I will have the Titan by or before Christmas.

After I get it, I have lots of range time I need to get in, I have a Barberry Sheep hunt scheduled in TX this coming February.
</div></div>

These days keeping Christmas as your target would be a good idea. When they deliver your permission slip earlier it'll seem like a gift.

Waiting on my 338-P1 stamp as well.

AWC Thunder trap TI is also a very good unit ,as quiet as they get. Can also be used on smaller calibers.

http://www.suppressedarmament.com/762-suppressors/arbiter.html

SPECIFICATIONS
Material: 6al-4v Titanium
Construction: All components TIG welded
Dimensions: 1.5" x 9.0" oal
Weight: 12.4 to 14.5 oz (depending on mount)
Mounting: SAS muzzle brake mount or SAS flash hider
Performance: Average 35.5db tested on barrels from 20" to 26".
PRICING
$895.00 Patented Quick Detach muzzle brake titanium suppressor.
$125.00 QD Muzzle Brake
$825.00 Thread on over muzzle brake titanium suppressor.
$75.00 Muzzle Brake.
$795.00 Direct thread on all threads.